Any word on ticket prices for 2018 shows? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2017, 02:06 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoocoustic View Post
And the GA pricing is also ridiculous when you aren't even guaranteed that your view won't be obstructed by others.
Agreed on seat prices mostly. But for GA, it's actually comparable to what most other similar-sized acts out there are charging for GA right now. Even then, I paid $150 for Springsteen's GA and $120 for Foo Fighters in recent years, so it could be a lot worse. I'm certainly not expecting $30 prices that small venues are charging at this point.

Of course, the view can be an issue if you're not on the rail somewhere... or are pretty short in stature anyway. But by most accounts from the prior I&E set-up, you can get there and still have enough room to have a decent view if you get there pretty late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoocoustic View Post
But ultimately, it's not really about spending the money, but rather, it's about what I'm getting in return for spending that money. If this was ZooTV circa 1993, then yes. In fact, I'd probably pay double. But this, like everything since 360, is going to be little more than a low-energy, paint-by-the-numbers "greatest hits" tour with a few songs sprinkled in from the new album here and there to push sales.

I never thought I'd reach this point with U2. But their "play it safe" approach over the past two decades as left me rather jaded towards almost everything they do now.
At the end of the day, it's first world problems. I'm sure plenty of Prince or Soundgarden fans are laughing at us when we talk about "greatest hits" and what not too. I thought about going myself after seeing them 3 times last year, but for now, I'll take what I can get at this point. I figure if they don't come back for awhile, then one show should be fine.

I wouldn't exactly call 6-9 new songs a "few" either. So if it is like the I&E tour in that respect, I'll call it a win.

trevgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:32 AM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Local Time: 04:27 AM
GA tickets are a steal, and unless you're 4 feet tall there's not a bad view on the floor at all on this tour, no matter when you show up.

The $350 seats are obscene... but the GAs are still a great deal when compared with other acts.

Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:21 AM   #23
Blue Crack Supplier

Exactly.
Anyone who complains about the price of GA is completely out of the loop of what concert ticket prices are these days industry wide.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 02:14 PM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor

Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgreg View Post
Agreed on seat prices mostly. But for GA, it's actually comparable to what most other similar-sized acts out there are charging for GA right now. Even then, I paid $150 for Springsteen's GA and $120 for Foo Fighters in recent years, so it could be a lot worse. I'm certainly not expecting $30 prices that small venues are charging at this point.

Of course, the view can be an issue if you're not on the rail somewhere... or are pretty short in stature anyway. But by most accounts from the prior I&E set-up, you can get there and still have enough room to have a decent view if you get there pretty late.

At the end of the day, it's first world problems. I'm sure plenty of Prince or Soundgarden fans are laughing at us when we talk about "greatest hits" and what not too. I thought about going myself after seeing them 3 times last year, but for now, I'll take what I can get at this point. I figure if they don't come back for awhile, then one show should be fine.

I wouldn't exactly call 6-9 new songs a "few" either. So if it is like the I&E tour in that respect, I'll call it a win.
Yea I'll second your last part.

I fully get that some may not be on board with the musical direction, and may not like the verified fan thing, or Bono's taxes or granny glasses or whatever.

The more reviews that come out the more I think I'm going to like this album... BUT... If I didn't? I still want to make sure I see them on this trek, as we're at the point with this band where you just don't know when it's going to be the end of the road.

I'd hate to miss out because of one of the reasons listed above and then never get a chance to see them again. Every opportunity is a blessing at this point, as the opportunities going forward will be scarce.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 02:57 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clerks View Post
Bruce is charging 850 bucks face value to see him on Broadway for 2 hours for some seats. And he sold out fyi. I thought of buying a 300 single ticket -- I got verified, but I couldn't pull the trigger and my reasoning was I'd rather spend 300 bucks on a few U2 shows in GA... also I like Bruce a lot, but his Broadway show really feels that it's for die hards (and rich people).

Point is, I watch people spend 5bucks on coffee each day or 14 bucks on cigarettes (is it more now, I don't smoke), 15 dollars on a beer at a ballgame, 45 dollars on Dominos for dinner and then complain when a concert cost too much for maybe the world's most popular band.

There are cheaper bands. But if you love U2 and they are you're favorite band, than it's worth it.

Also, as always, if they make the tickets FREE let's say, people would still complain because then non fans would go to the show. If they made them all $35, well now scalpers can buy even more tickets than before. Yes, I wish all big U2 fans could go for as cheap as possible and charge the drunk asshole in row 4 with the BMW 5 times what it should be, but that's not how it works. There is no perfect formula for prices that would make all happy.

Outrageous prices are when you get medical bills that you can't pay for something you needed to not die. You can choose not to pay 1 cent to see U2.
I honestly don't see how anyone can defend these prices, or ticket policy.

I'm doing fine, but there is no way, zero, that I'd pay 300 pounds to see U2 or any artist. And I certainly wouldn't jump through the hoops you apparently have to to get a ticket. If other people want to do that, it's up to them (though you could argue that you're supporting an awful system), but I won't participate in it. And part of what's so infuriating is that the artists make a big deal about keeping prices low, when they know damn well that the secondary market is built into the system and they're profiting from it.

Anyway, it's not just U2, by far. It's not even about them. It's the entire industry that sucks.

The line must be drawn here! This far, and no further!
Nick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 05:53 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:27 PM
wrong thread

kabigon is offline   Reply With Quote