Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's looking bad for a second Dublin show.

Fucking strange though. Last time they did just one gig in Dublin on a tour? Unforgettable Fire 1985, the first time they played Croke.

After 50 minutes I got throug the queue for Brussels. Only kept getting 200 bucks seats, then, suddenly, 1 GA standing came up! If U2 ticket sales have thought me anything, its to never ever give up! See you guys in Brussels!

Exactly what happened to me ! 2GA Standing suddenly appeared, see you in Brussels :D

Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion

Based on the schedule if they add another Dublin show the 21st seems more likely than the 23rd. I'm not a tour planner though so I'm just guessing based on days off between shows.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....s-go-on-sale-1.2938567?mode=amp?client=safari

According to reports no croke show is being added. Ed sheran has taken up the 3rd slot at croke

If this is the case why didnt they have the gigs at the aviva. I know its smaller but two gigs there is still more people then 1 gig at croke

Last edited:
Amazing how fast Berlin sold out! Germany is not known as teh best selling U2-market...
Same counts to lesser extent for London.

Wouldn't say London is such a surprise. With no shows elsewhere in the UK, or in other pretty decent U2 markets, e.g. no Scandinavian show at all, it's a logical hub. Plus most Aussies and Kiwis (like me!) would be aiming for it.

Dublin 2 will probably happen but they will have to wait for permission from the council and the reason for Pitch 1 & 2 is maybe to show that extra health & safety is in place. The council will have been unable to give permission due to Xmas etc.

London 1 sold out, second show the next night.

At least I got a Berlin ticket. Fitting, since it's my 30th birthday tomorrow night.
Wow, you were released about the same time as the Joshua Tree album.

Dublin 2 will probably happen but they will have to wait for permission from the council and the reason for Pitch 1 & 2 is maybe to show that extra health & safety is in place. The council will have been unable to give permission due to Xmas etc.

Hmm, looks like it will not happen.
U2 rule-out a second Croke Park show | Music | News | Hot Press

Speculation as to whether U2 will play a second Croke Park show has been ended with the band issuing a definitive “No” through their Irish PR company.

That's a huge bummer about no second Dublin show. Managed to grab tickets to it earlier in the week but it's clear there is huge demand there.

No 2nd show in Barcelona means they could potentially get 2 stages to Dublin, 1 night in Aviva, 1 night Croke. Sounds crazy but you never know. All seems a bit short sighted to me if they knew they couldn't do 2 nights at Croke

Interesting news for Aussie/NZ fans:

So last night I was at the Adelaide Strikers final Big Bash Game (a cricket match for you who don't know) which was at Adelaide Oval. Fortunately I was lucky enough to be in a private box and sitting around me for most of the match were people from Live Nation out of Melbourne. I got chatting to one lady that was sitting next to me who turns out to be a liaison for Adele's concert in March at Adelaide Oval and also TwentyOne Pilots at the AEC...both Live Nation artists. I asked her if U2 are coming and she said "YES!" and it will most likely be in either Nov/Dec this year or March 2018. She said it was only last week that Live Nation AU were talking to U2's people about stadium availability. Apparently they are trying to push for Nov/Dec this year, presumably for the Joshua Tree tour.

Take it with a grain of salt but it looks like it's happening.

There will be a second Dublin show on Friday July 21st (it will become the first show).
Milan, Italy and Nice will be announced next week. Tour will end in Nice. No second show for Barcelona. Also hearing Zurich, Switzerland, Helsinki, Finland; Horsens, Denmark; Gothenburg, Sweden and Portugal might get shows but the band are split about extending the tour any further. Australia in or around November or December and South America is also on the bands radar but not until March 2018.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom