Any way at all to transfer GA tix to someone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oneskirt

The Fly
Has anyone figured out a legit way to transfer GA tickets to a buyer (face value) if you cannot make the show in person?

I have someone willing to sell me their tix for a show they now cannot attend (they will be out of town that weekend), but we haven't figured the transfer out.

Is there any hope at all of making this work?

Thanks!

Is this for a US show? For those shows GA is credit card entry only. So the only way to do it (without Ticketmaster interference) is if that person hands you the credit card those tickets were purchased with.
Otherwise, contact Ticketmaster (though I'm not sure if they will help you/the other person with that).

Typically, the seller has cancelled the CC they've used to purchase the tickets and mailed it to the buyer. That's how fans and scalpers have been getting around the paperless ticket thing.

Typically, the seller has cancelled the CC they've used to purchase the tickets and mailed it to the buyer. That's how fans and scalpers have been getting around the paperless ticket thing.

And does this work for the buyer? I'm in the selling side of this boat and TM will not allow transfer, even with my groveling due to a factual change in employment status, and of course the would not refund the tickets and put them back in inventory.

That said, I did wait like 15 minutes on hold but the supervisor never got on the line.

Is this for a US show? For those shows GA is credit card entry only. So the only way to do it (without Ticketmaster interference) is if that person hands you the credit card those tickets were purchased with.
Otherwise, contact Ticketmaster (though I'm not sure if they will help you/the other person with that).

Yes, for a US Show. I'm looking to buy tickets for the Philly show from someone who cannot attend after all.

And does this work for the buyer? I'm in the selling side of this boat and TM will not allow transfer, even with my groveling due to a factual change in employment status, and of course the would not refund the tickets and put them back in inventory.

That said, I did wait like 15 minutes on hold but the supervisor never got on the line.

Other than one or two venues on I+E, no one checked ID's. And even if the card is canceled, the ticket info is still on there and you can get into the venue on a canceled card.

Man, TM should really allow people with cc tickets they now can't use sell resell them at face via TM. TM could take a small cut & it would be win-win-win for seller, buyer and TM.

Back
Top Bottom