5/20 – Los Angeles, CA – Rose Bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everything about this show was off-kilter.

The band, in addition to being swallowed by the screen, seemed unengaged and rushed

The heavy political messages were never paired with the much-needed “transcendence” that epitomizes U2.

The non-JT setlist was baffling and, even worse, featured not a single song from the past 15 years. I love the setlist's songs on their own, but would never order them this way (other than the JT).

The volume was too high and literally hurt.

The aforementioned screen distracted more than enhanced the show. The videos were bizarre.

U2 need to find their spark again and quickly. It’s sad to see them (sloppily) lean on work 30 years old.

I doubt the U2 of Joshua Tree 1987 would ever desire the Joshua Tree 2017.

The band still sounds professional and still has those moments of brilliance, but U2 doesn’t really work as just an average “passable” act. Their brand is as much about the story and feeling as it is about the music, after all.

I still enjoyed it, though, just not as much as on the past three tours. High standards usually make disappointment easy. Likely would make a fun concert film despite the flaws!

Last edited:
Absolutely demolished the shows I've seen from the last three tours. Only the Achtung Baby leg of 360 could compete with this set.

Loved the show, as did my family and friends, most of whom were U2 first-timers.

Positives:
-Bono and the band performed up to their/our high standards. I thought he was in fine voice.
-I Will Follow was an epic closer. The crowd erupted. I would say it and Elevation garnered the most crowd engagement (no surprise for a stadium show, of course).
-The setting. What a gorgeous venue and night for this show.

Negatives:
-Not as loud as the I&E tour. Sound quality was very good but maybe not great. Bono's vocals sounded a tiny bit underwater to me on the early songs.
-They moved Bad to the encore, shortening the pre-JT section. That meant less of a buildup to Streets. They need to be lengthening that section, not shortening it.
-I agree with Bono's messages but less is more. A few thoughtful sentences here and there, instead of speeches, would probably help maintain the show's energy.

-They moved Bad to the encore, shortening the pre-JT section. That meant less of a buildup to Streets. They need to be lengthening that section, not shortening it.
The pacing of the show is fine, they just need to give out more songs as gifts. Like LT.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom