Washington, D.C. Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm surprised Exit hasn't had a Hands That Built America snippet yet

That show was awesome. Opening suite got energy pumping, JT was a great song suite, UV feminist icons was a lovely moving segment and a highlight, Vertigo was a great closer, and that headstand was a wonderfully weird way to end a show. Checked a lot of great songs off my live bucket list. Night to remember.

I was four bodies behind this guy. His sign was in my fucking face.

Other than that, the show was fantastic. Bono was especially "on." Better than Philly. Which never happens.

Good Lord, so he was just standing there the entire show with a big "Let me do a handstand!" Sign?

so glad Ultraviolet made it back in. now let's get ASOH and Little Things in there.

what a bizarre way to end. compare it with how Radiohead ended their show in U2's city tonight (an amazing version of "How to Disappear Completely", I'd link it but Interference makes every youtube vid big and intrusive) and it's sort of night and day. the Vertigo rock ending is fun, sure (though I prefer Little Things, Bad, IWF, that kind of thing) but this just added a whole level of weirdness.

Last edited:
I'm rather tempted. :lol:

And how the blithering fuck does a handstand motivate kids?

totally motivates one of mine - she spends her life searching for a nice flat piece of ground or a good wall (it's great for core strength and abs and just basically fun haha) :heart:

i think it's great for kids to use their bodies to do extraordinary things instead of sitting on their arses all day in front of a screen... we have an amazing international circus school down the road, teenagers come from all over to train while studying for their Bac (French high-school diploma) at the same time (daughter has friends there, hence her love of all things circusy), many get selected to go on to train in Quebec and become circus artists, and we get to see their end-of-year shows - really is inspiring

her facebook feed is often filled with pics of friends doing handstands in weird, wonderful and mundane, urban and rural settings - basically they just like to walk on their hands the whole time pretty much haha

Last edited:
I... well then. I can't say I'd have found seeing a random dude doing a handstand motivational when I was a kid, but then I have never done a handstand in my life. As a kid I was terrified of hitting my head and bending my neck badly. I guess I still am.

I... well then. I can't say I'd have found seeing a random dude doing a handstand motivational when I was a kid, but then I have never done a handstand in my life. As a kid I was terrified of hitting my head and bending my neck badly. I guess I still am.

i used to do lots, and could walk on my hands many moons ago (did some physical theatre + acrobatics training a loooong time ago) - hadn't done any in ages, and my daughter talked me into it a couple of months back and i thought what the hell it must be like riding a bike, you never forget, and so i kicked my legs up into the air, my arms buckled and i literally fell on my face ha

Back
Top Bottom