Vancouver Setlist Party (OPENING NIGHT!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Basically the same setlist that they've been rehearsing. I would enjoy it very much had I been able to get tickets :)

Those first diehards are all inside. GA that isn't getting in at this point are people that haven't been in line that long.

Do you mean to imply that the people who haven't been in line aren't diehards?

Because there's no way I'm showing up before doors in London or Berlin and I doubt anybody would say I'm not a diehard.

Seems like a 9 o'clock start from U2 then.

Wanna know what their Space Oddity/People Have The Power is this year! Can't wait to hear it.

A Rainy Night in Soho by The Pogues.

To me this setlist was always going to be a "retro" one. I am surprised they are playing anything off Achtung Baby and beyond. Outside of a new track or two to wet people's appetite

Ah so it appears the rehearsal spoilers have been revealed. Yeah, the show is too short in its current form. Hopefully it will grow. However, we are getting some incredible rarities.

I am not reading the setlist, but since someone posted a picture I accidentally saw one title. And I am very happy to see that title is making the show. I didn't think they'd actually do it, but looks like they are. I tip my hat to the band for taking that risk.

Yeah, I will say that Bad not showing up in rehearsals is surprising and incredibly disappointing.

The setlist will most likely get longer as the tour goes on, unless they feel like they can't be on stage for more than 120 minutes anymore.

(Still baffles me that the setlist is only 22 songs)

No, "first diehards." Keyword being "first."

Right, I just read the tone of "people that haven't been in line that long" as implying they don't matter so much or won't care if they miss a few songs. Sorry, didn't mean to misread you. Seen too many comments over the years that you're only a proper fan if you're willing to sit on your arse outside a stadium for hours upon hours.

The setlist will most likely get longer as the tour goes on, unless they feel like they can't be on stage for more than 120 minutes anymore.

(Still baffles me that the setlist is only 22 songs)

360 started at 22 and ended at 26. That's the truth I hold on to in hope that by the time they hit DC they will be playing a 24 song set.

360 started at 22 and ended at 26. That's the truth I hold on to in hope that by the time they hit DC they will be playing a 24 song set.

Crossing my fingers the set hits at least 24 songs by the European leg.

Right, I just read the tone of "people that haven't been in line that long" as implying they don't matter so much or won't care if they miss a few songs. Sorry, didn't mean to misread you. Seen too many comments over the years that you're only a proper fan if you're willing to sit on your arse outside a stadium for hours upon hours.

No worries!

It would be nice if the set was about 25 songs but there is a few things that go into a U2 show. Its not just them on the stage - hasn't been since the early 80s. There will be video and technology - even though it won't be as forward as some of the tours. Bruce Springsteen can basically play what he wants when he wants because its just him and the band on the stage. Sometimes I wish U2 would go back to this approach but I think they like the technology too much.

My body is ready - anyone got revs on the best periscope to follow? It seems no one is live now, but a kind user up in the seats with a good view of the screen and clear audio has to be online soon :p

Back
Top Bottom