Pasadena 1 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do love these periodic visits from Interference's favourite full-of-shit poster.

Dan and friends who think Little Things not being played at one show is a sign SOE has been canned, you can calm down.

It was on the printed setlist after Bad.

The band just decided to play I Will Follow instead on the spur of the moment.

I'm far from 'not calm' - i didn't know it was on the printed setlist, but it isn't a wild leap to make to think them canning a song with mixed reception after three shows could mean they have gone cold on it. It's not like U2 don't have a history of questioning themselves.

Yeah, I made that post only just after the printed setlist surfaced, as an FYI.

But to think SOE is somehow under threat because of one show is just an outrageous leap really, and I say this as one of the bigger pessimists on this forum.

If Little Things still hasn't been played again by the Dallas show then we can start worrying.

Maybe they'll play another SOE song three or so times? And then drop that too, and then move on to another? And another, and so on... Might not be likely, but just a thought...

Maybe it was on the setlist and they ran out of time.

I don't think last night's drop means anything in and of itself.

What I would worry about is the band seeing the great reaction Bad and I Will Follow got to close out the set and rather than restructure things to fit Little Things in somewhere else in the set, they'll just drop it altogether.

At first I thought it was that kid who's been up on stage a few times/"ran a line" a while back, which made the idea of him getting thrown out even funnier. But I realised that's Paco. Pavel's a Bono impersonator.

Who is pavel?
Pavel Sfera is a Bono impersonator who often tries to play himself off as actually being Bono. He's been known to occasionally with autographs as "Bono."

He's be n in a few tribute bands as well, but he's an awful singer so those don't often last very long.

Generally speaking he's a bit of a douche.

Pavel Sfera is a Bono impersonator who often tries to play himself off as actually being Bono. He's been known to occasionally with autographs as "Bono."

He's be n in a few tribute bands as well, but he's an awful singer so those don't often last very long.

Yup... He was in Montreal for the 360 tour and was out and about (being chauffeured in the back seat of a convertible, nonetheless) causing a commotion in Old Montreal... Super-Douche in my opinion...

Was he the guy that got a very brief (one sentence) interview on channel 7 evening news yesterday when they did a bit about the show and all the other stuff going on around Pasadena this weekend? And is he the same guy dressed as "Fly Bono" who got onstage at one of the LA Forum IE shows in 2015?

I was at the show and it was great. I attended with a couple U2 virgins and they were blown away by Edge. Some of those solos were [emoji91].

As for the setlist, the lead into The Joshua Tree was great. The Joshua Tree was great. The rest was a bit random. I'm still puzzled at the lack of Rattle and Hum songs, Desire at the very least.

Closing with Bad into IWF was interesting and it worked. I still haven't watched any videos of the new song so I'm hoping I get to hear it tonight.

ETA: Pavel isn't the same guy who was pulled on stage last tour, that guy is a local tribute Bono. He was in the Red Zone last night.

I'm amused by all the people speculating "SOE is dead!" after the song missed one show. What I find more revealing is that the band stuck to a 22 song set

It's all lipstick on a pig. I just got back from the Rose Bowl. The b side tree songs were cool for me to see but other than that it was weak.

Opening with SBS doesn't work and the sound was muddy until WOWY then it got muddy again later.

I didn't think it was possible to do a bad rendition of Ultraviolet but there it was. The randomness of the encore was stupid but at least they played Bad.

Sorry my review is so negative. It was great to see them again but....

Really surprised about your comments on the sound,
we were in GA by the B-stage and thought the sound was excellent the whole show

The show overall was better than I expected given the structure and format

I'm amused by all the people speculating "SOE is dead!" after the song missed one show. What I find more revealing is that the band stuck to a 22 song set

Yeah, there was definitely time for one more short song before curfew. Little Things wouldn't have fit in the four or five minutes left, but they could've done Desire or Out of Control or one of those other short, high-energy songs that they can play at a drop of a hat and would end the show on a high.

Finally home from the show. 10 hour drive both ways but it was well worth, one of my favorite U2 shows I've been to. First time being on the floor in the stadium, which was an experience in it of itself. I absolutely love this picture, just a sea of humanity...

DAVG8gsVYAIu2jC.jpg:large

These have to be some of the most attended shows of the NA leg, right? Really curious about attendee numbers.

Anyways, the show was really great. The boys were dialed in... sound was clean and Edge's guitar especially was so damn good. Bono's voice also really impressive and Larry's drumming sounded great. My first ever time hearing Bad live was a real treat, something I've waited for for a long ass time, and it came as a surprise at the end! Loved it.

The screen was immense... we were standing probably 10 rows back from the B stage right in the center and from there it was almost like you were wearing a VR headset - it dominated your perspective in every conceivable way. That was probably the best Streets "experience" I've ever had just because how immediate the red, the blasting lights, and the massive crowd was.

My biggest complaint was that the post TJT set lacked structure and was cobbled together. They could definitely make a few tweaks to that, but overall I had an absolute blast. Can't wait to see this show again in Europe later this summer!

^ this. We were about 10 yards to the right of the b-stage and had a blast. Agree about Edge's guitar and Bono. That screen was stunning.

My favorites were exit, asoh and bad. But the encore felt rushed and disjointed,
We left a bit early and Iam glad . Got straight on the shuttle to parsons,. I honestly would not go to the rose bowl again.
And what's with the pot smoking? We were in section 20 and it was :hyper:
Ok, so this guy walks by and everyone's goes crazy that it is the Edge . I am the only one who says no it's not. But he was surrounded by security. Was anyone there? A couple people have posted his pic on Facebook and the general consensus is that it was not .

I was never a fan of Exit but seeing it live, it was one of the highlights for sure. Yeah also loved ASOH and finally got to see IGC!

My favorites were exit, asoh and bad. But the encore felt rushed and disjointed,
We left a bit early and Iam glad . Got straight on the shuttle to parsons,. I honestly would not go to the rose bowl again.
And what's with the pot smoking? We were in section 20 and it was :hyper:
Ok, so this guy walks by and everyone's goes crazy that it is the Edge . I am the only one who says no it's not. But he was surrounded by security. Was anyone there? A couple people have posted his pic on Facebook and the general consensus is that it was not .

It was Pavel and his team of assholes pretending to be Bono and The Edge, walking through the Red Zone during the Lumineers with fake security. :down:
Save
Save

I can't believe no one has started following Pavel around yelling "YOU'RE NOT BONO YOU'RE NOT BONO." That needs to happen.

That effing guy, man.

does anyone know who came up and down the steps in section 15/17 (right of 16)? Not fake Bono. Appeared to be a star of some sort, people going nuts, but I couldn't see from my seat.

And Section 16 had to contain Willie Nelson and Snoop because I was close to getting a contact high from the sheer amount of smoke blown there. I was in row 60.

Lowlight was the security guard in Sec 16 who just decided, for no apparent reason, to recheck tickets at the tunnel for everyone who left to go to the bathroom or grab a drink after the Lumineers. Umm...these were seats, nowhere near GA. We have seats. Tickets that can confirm. If someone is in the wrong seats, then we can figure it out. But this one guy (I ran to the other two tunnels to see if anyone else was doing this...nope) decided to recheck everyone's ticket up in the tunnel front, and people were pushing, some were walking around thinking it was something else then getting stopped, showing their ticket ahead of the entire line, and going, and then some douche grabbed his girl and started pulling her through everyone, bumping and nearly knocking people over. Used the poor girl like a rudder...

Back
Top Bottom