MW TJT tour 2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only aspect of that performance that really worked was the slide solo, but it was so good that I didn't mind the rest.

The feminist iconography typically paired with UV does not quite work with a song that melds spirituality and sex.

I like what Edge is doing there for the first 15 seconds. :shrug:

If the video didn't say mysterious ways I'd have had no idea it was that. If I was there I'd probably have thought there playing a new song :)

1. Why does this have its own thread?

2. Why is it in Everything You Know Is Wrong?

Someone who has been on this forum since 2005 should know better. This isn't exactly some earth-shattering tour debut of an obscure song, either.

Like the new intro and it's great to see the solo back.

Still seems like Larry dumbed down the drumbeat somehow. ..and Bono needs to go back to the original studio version and listen to about 100 times before singing it again.

Why is he always way behind the beat on this one? It doesn't sound "funky". I also can't stand this habit some singers have of dropping of short words as if they don't matter.

It's "she moves IN mysterious ways". Not "she moves mysterious ways". That doesn't even make sense.

That's the problem with warhorses. It's so easy to phone them in simply because they're exceptional songs/hits. The band hasn't been doing that with the section before JT...the section after it I'm not sure that can always be said.

1. Why does this have its own thread?

2. Why is it in Everything You Know Is Wrong?

Someone who has been on this forum since 2005 should know better. This isn't exactly some earth-shattering tour debut of an obscure song, either.

I am so excited to see the see the slide solo back after such a long time ( last done in 2006 ) that I hurrily put this thread in this forum. Sorry for that mistake, dear lazarus.

Like Axver and redhill I also loved what Edge has done in the first 15 seconds or so.

To me, it communicates "here comes this epic song". Of course, then they have to play it well for the payoff...that hasn't happened with MW since I don't know when. Elevation?

Back
Top Bottom