Buffalo Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it was somewhat loosely related to the Drowning Man melody itself, but definitely a Drowning Man snippet.

cooool

Hope they don't play TBT now for your sake!

I really appreciate that! But it's not all about me. I would never want other people to miss out.

Update from the backseat: I am totally silent in the backseat and the two of them are talking about stupid shit and I refuse to participate. So we get to a railroad crossing where the gate was coming down and my friend considered going around it. I yelled at her really loudly. This is not going well.

And that's it. Get some sleep everyone...there's a new song coming out in 8 hours!

New Era Field - Buffalo, NY - September 5, 2017

--------- The Whole of the Moon ----------
01 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
02 - New Year's Day
03 - Bad / Give Peace a Chance (snippet) / America (snippet)
04 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
05 - Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) [snippet]
06 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Come Together (snippet)
07 - With or Without You
08 - Bullet the Blue Sky / War (snippet) / America (snippet)
09 - Running to Stand Still
10 - Red Hill Mining Town
11 - In God's Country
12 - Trip Through Your Wires
13 - One Tree Hill
---------- Trackdown Video ----------
14 - Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
15 - Mothers of the Disappeared
---------- ENCORE BREAK ----------
16 - Beautiful Day / Starman (snippet)
17 - Elevation
18 - Vertigo / Helter Skelter (snippet)
19 - Miss You (snippet) / Mysterious Ways
20 - Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
21 - One / Drowning Man (snippet)

I really appreciate that! But it's not all about me. I would never want other people to miss out.

Update from the backseat: I am totally silent in the backseat and the two of them are talking about stupid shit and I refuse to participate. So we get to a railroad crossing where the gate was coming down and my friend considered going around it. I yelled at her really loudly. This is not going well.

Can you periscope the trip home

Okay, when is the next show? New song out tomorrow. If they don't play Best Thing at the next show I'm going to start side-eyeing them pretty hard.

They shall feel my side-eye. And fear my side-eye.

Can you periscope the trip home

Oohh. Maybe.

Driving "friend": wow! There is barely any traffic! What a quick ride.

Me, through gritted teeth: THAT'S BECAUSE THERE ARE STILL 40,000 PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T LEFT!!!!

If I said I didn't care that we left, I couldn't be mad. But I made it clear I didn't want to leave so now I am free to bitch it up!!

Really? I did not pick up on that?

I heard "Rise up, rise up" and then I didn't recognize any other words.

Yep. Initially I wondered if it was Drowning Man or a direct usage of Isaiah 40:31, which is where the "rise up on wings like eagles" lyric comes from. But then he kept going with the "hold on" and "not grow weary" lines.

I hope that when U2 are in New Orleans they play a Hurricane Harvey tribute set.

Drowning Man
Walk to the Water
Electrical Storm
Endless Deep
Summer Rain

It'll go down really well, I promise.

If there's another US leg before they come to Australia, that will be five separate jaunts through that country since they were here.

4 legs between UF and Lovetown (plus Conspiracy of Hope)
2 legs between Lovetown and ZooTV
2 legs between ZooTV and Popmart
4 legs between Popmart and Vertigo
1 leg between Vertigo and 360
4 and counting since 360

As an American, I will be irritated if they come back here again before going to Australia. It's an indoor tour, they can play there outside of the November-March summer season. The tour is rumored to be starting back up in April/May. I'm sure it'll be Europe, then North America, then Australia late in 2018 or early 2019. Personally, I think they should wait to bring SOE to the US until 2019, because God knows we've had our fair share of shows. When they announced this 2nd US leg of the JT Tour, I was almost annoyed by it. Like "ugh, they're playing in Indianapolis... now I HAVE to go, I can't just let U2 come within 2 hours of my home and not go!" My credit card balance and my wife didn't appreciate it, but fuck it... YOLO!!

When they announced this 2nd US leg of the JT Tour, I was almost annoyed by it. Like "ugh, they're playing in Indianapolis... now I HAVE to go, I can't just let U2 come within 2 hours of my home and not go!" My credit card balance and my wife didn't appreciate it, but fuck it... YOLO!!

They're playing 2 hours from me and I'm skipping it. In my case though, it's a Tuesday night.

As an American, I will be irritated if they come back here again before going to Australia. It's an indoor tour, they can play there outside of the November-March summer season. The tour is rumored to be starting back up in April/May. I'm sure it'll be Europe, then North America, then Australia late in 2018 or early 2019. Personally, I think they should wait to bring SOE to the US until 2019, because God knows we've had our fair share of shows. When they announced this 2nd US leg of the JT Tour, I was almost annoyed by it. Like "ugh, they're playing in Indianapolis... now I HAVE to go, I can't just let U2 come within 2 hours of my home and not go!" My credit card balance and my wife didn't appreciate it, but fuck it... YOLO!!

I hear ya my friend, I hear ya.

You left early! Heathen!

oh jeesus did he miss Drowning Man then? :lol:

oh man i'm sorry - i just read back up the thread - didn't realise your friends made you leave - you need new friends :hug:

Last edited:
Are there any other examples of them not playing TLTTGYA 2 nights in a row on this tour? Axver?
I really did expect both little things and blackout on these 2 shows...

Yeah, it has had gaps of a few shows before.

I was definitely expecting The Blackout. Little Things is understandably out - it isn't a single, and they will move on with full promo.

Conspiracy theory time: Registered Dude has gone suddenly sombre in the last few days. U2 took the album announcement date off.
And U2, on the supposed eve of new album announcement, play no new songs in their 2 shows.

I'm just hoping TBT isn't this year's Invisible

Conspiracy theory time: Registered Dude has gone suddenly sombre in the last few days. U2 took the album announcement date off.
And U2, on the supposed eve of new album announcement, play no new songs in their 2 shows.

I'm just hoping TBT isn't this year's Invisible

RD was posting yesterday, and we know they are rehearsing TBT. The fact they haven't played it probably says more about their ability to get it right, rather than their satisfaction with it.

Oh no doubt TBT is coming in a few hours. Just hope the album isn't delayed.
They wouldn't proceed with releasing the album's lead single if said album was delayed. And whilst the album announcement text was removed from the Blackout video, the "Best Thing first single" text wasn't, which would indicate it's not a standalone.
Oh I don't know... let's see what is said in these radio interviews...

Back
Top Bottom