Bonnaroo Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prbiker15

Blue Crack Addict
U2's first festival appearance since Glastonbury 2011. They will be going on stage at 11 PM local time and their set has been extended to 1 AM local time. No one else will be on stage while they are.

https://instagram.com/p/BVIcwgJjdh1/

Will they win over the crowd?
Should be starting in about 1 hour and 45 minutes. You can all watch Game #4 in the meantime.

So what are everyone's predictions? Will JT be done in full at a festival where it is very possible that 50% of the crowd will have no idea of anything after "Bullet" (except maybe IGC)? Or maybe some cuts to side B?
Also, maybe a return to Tennessee="The Wanderer" in some capacity, whether they bring back the IE video or they actually do it again?

Being a festival show, and technically not part of the tour, they might take the opportunity to road test opening with TJT.

I also doubt they will play for 2 hours. They'll take the lazy option and play a few songs less than normal (again due to it being a festival show).

So my prediction is they will open with TJT and then play only 5-6 other songs at the end.

Also, remembering Glastonbury, how's the weather?

Last edited:
Yeah. I also think Vertigo and I Will Follow will be in, Miss Sarajevo and Little Things are out.
Miss Sarajevo isn't much of a festival song, but I'm pretty sure Bono loves the video that is attached to it, so it'll hurt him to drop it.

hey, some hero mod magically moved this thread to the right forum :applaud:

I also doubt they will play for 2 hours. They'll take the lazy option and play a few songs less than normal (again due to it being a festival show).

Hey Andy, it's a festival, they have a pretty set time.

But don't let that fact get in the way of your m.o.

Here's a suggestion; don't pour your cereal, and then get it up to grab your juice.

It's kind of fun to actually wonder about the setlist for the first time in a while. It'll probably be mostly the same, other than one or two obvious additions, but still, we won't be sure about anything until they actually play the songs.

Speaking of which, I've been to the last 5 shows (I already missed U2 on the drive home from Pittsburgh) so this will be my first interference setlist party in a while.

Of course it's crazy to be happy about being on an interference setlist party instead of actually at the show.

Odd that the tagged location on Instagram is Gulf Shores, AL. That's where the Hangout Festival is.

Is the screen suitable for the Anton videos?

I wouldn't have thought so;
Altho I suspect they'll still play the whole of the album, I suspect some of the other songs that are so tied into their video presentations (Miss S, Light My Way) may be switched out...

Back
Top Bottom