September 10, 2017 - Indianapolis, IN - Lucas Oil Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will definitely be there, Indy is only 2 hours from my house. Might have to wait until closer to the show date to buy, money's a little snug at the moment.

Will definitely be there, Indy is only 2 hours from my house. Might have to wait until closer to the show date to buy, money's a little snug at the moment.

There should be plenty of tix available; I doubt this will sell out and I suspect secondary market will be very soft;
picked up GA's this morning but if I were looking for seats I would probably wait until the week of

Hello! I am excited to be going to see U2 for my first time! I remember when a bunch of my college buddies went to the JT show in `87 and I was bummed I didn't go. I live in Broad Ripple, 11 miles from Lucas Oil Stadium, so I don't have far to go.

I didn't do the presale, then spent 45 minutes online trying to get mid-range tickets at 10:00 am. Everything I clicked on wasn't available by the time I clicked, then it started offering seats higher and higher up - was shooting for Sections 116 and 137. Finally got some in Section 217, on the aisle, at about the 10 yard line.

I really hope they give Beck enough time to do his thing - anyone know how long the openers got at other shows?

Another wish that is probably far fetched is I would love to see Party Girl on the set list. That's one of my favorite U2 songs and I would like it more if it wasn't so short. Have read that they only play it now for special occasions, and read elsewhere that they don't like the song (not sure if either or both are true). They used to play it live a lot and it is a great live song. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock is another B side song that would be cool to see.

Here's my seats (I'm stoked!)

76dEjGa.jpg

dpATV5

Last edited:
Openers have been getting 45-50 mins ; as for the roof, it's gonna depend on the % chance of rain;

Openers have been getting 45-50 mins ; as for the roof, it's gonna depend on the % chance of rain;

No rain in sight for Houston or Dallas this year and they didn't open either roof, which is a deplorable decision.

U2 in closed stadiums so effects the sound in a negative manner, it has been one of the factors to which shows I've attended over the years.

I have still attended shows in a dome, but def prefer outdoors...I guess most do as well.

Dallas 360 in 2009 had horrible sound. Houston two nights later had amazing sound with their roof open. In fairness it was raining in Dallas.

Was it really hot out in Houston and Dallas? Indy in September is normally very pleasant - I just hope it isn't raining out so they can open it up.

I read about some major complaints about acoustics after the first concert at Lucas Oil, which I think was Kenney Chesney in 2008. Since then, they said they have made some acoustical enhancements, with the addition of sound absorbing material at key points. They also said that they make sure all of the sliding windows for all of the suites are open, but a key factor is opening the windows behind the north end zone, and the roof. When it is closed, it sounds like there is way too much glass reflecting sound back. There were a lot of complaints from when Drum Corps International competition is there, but the stadium isn't nearly full for that, and it was pointed out that human bodies are the best thing to absorb sound.

I hope the greedy capitalists aren't worried about giving downtown Indy free sound...

hqdefault.jpg

los.jpg

LucasOilStadium-Exterior-Main-Entrance-Dusk-Window-Open.jpg

Last edited:
Ahhh, Southwest had a crazy cheap fare from Newark, GAs were still available, I am going through U2 withdrawal and I got a good Hotwire deal on a shareable hotel room a block from the stadium... Guess I am going to Indianapolis! :D

So happy..

So, I was gutted that U2 skipped Atlanta again. I always have to go to NY to catch them and work schedule did not allow it this time. Anywhere close to Atlanta didn't work out because of work. But, I finally managed to work out Indianapolis.

I have two friends who are going and already bought tickets. When I saw that I could make my schedule work, I started looking and managed to get one seat 4 seats away from them.

I'm so happy I could cry.

Any suggestions for 24 hour parking garages near the stadium for a night before GA line arrival? Something close enough for me to walk back to the car to drop off our camp chairs around 3.

Any suggestions for 24 hour parking garages near the stadium for a night before GA line arrival? Something close enough for me to walk back to the car to drop off our camp chairs around 3.

Depends how far you want to walk. This site shows options on a map. You can park across the street for $28 all the way down to $9 if you walk 10 blocks. Lucas Oil is the red bubble on South St between Capital and Missouri:

https://www.parkwhiz.com/lucas-oil-stadium-parking/u2-the-joshua-tree-tour-2017-596863/

Where are you staying?

I just noticed most of those are just for 1-2 hours before and after event. If it were me, I would park at Circle Centre Mall in the World of Wonders garage at Illinois and Maryland (underneath Palomino & Ruth's Chris). It says if you spend $20 anywhere in the mall, you can get regular rates (bar tab at Palomino would probably work).

Circle Centre Mall Parking

Circle Centre mall in downtown Indianapolis has three parking garages. You can access them on Washington Street, Maryland Street, Georgia Street, and Illinois Street. The garages accept major credit cards. Here are the garage rates for days when there is no major event downtown:

0 - 3 hours $2.00
3 - 4 hours $5.00
4 - 5 hours $10.00
5 - 6 hours $14.00
6 -12 hours $17.00
12 - 24 hours $22.00

During Colts game days or big downtown events, the garage may charge a $20 event rate. Drivers will be notified by signage at the garage entry and can get normal parking rates by showing a $20 receipt from any Circle Centre merchant.

The only Circle Centre merchant that provides parking validation is the United Artists Theater on the fourth floor, which offers four hours of complimentary parking to moviegoers.

Note for night-owls: The Sun Garage (entrances on Washington and Maryland streets) closes at 2 a.m. Monday through Saturday and midnight on Sunday, but the World of Wonders garage (entrances off Illinois and Maryland streets) is open 24 hours.

Circle Centre Mall Parking | Indianapolis Parking Guide

Enter at red arrow for the WoW garage:

Palomino.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! And it's possible to go back to the car with the chairs and stuff before the concert and not lose a line place right?

I don't know how they set up the lines, but I would imagine your friends could hold your place and the people around you will know that you were there all day.

Driving up to Nashville and then to Indy for the show! Thinking I'll show up at around 4 ish for GA... Worked well in LA to get a few rows back from the tip of the tree, which is prime viewing for this show IMO.

Flying out in the morning, should hit downtown by 2. I am *probably* not doing the line thing and may just show up at doors for once (well, once a tour) since I do want to meet up with a U2 pal that I haven't seen since Elevation Chicago! Might even show up later than doors since it seems like Beck and U2 are getting more diva like with their start times. :wink:

I read on the IndyStar that Lucas Oil Stadium said they would decide on Sunday whether the roof/windows will be open, based on the weather. I would say the weather couldn't be more perfect - a beautiful, autumn day:

Hrly.jpg

Band meet?

Any rumors as to where and when chances are best to net the band? What time are they sing sound checks usually? We have a group that is going to tail gate for the show. Most of us are GA.

Back
Top Bottom