May 24, 2017 - Houston, TX - NRG Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got 1 RZ and 3 GAs on Presale.

I had a RZ on the 360 tour and it was the best!!!!

I got 1 RZ and 3 GAs on Presale.

I had a RZ on the 360 tour and it was the best!!!!

I did RZ for 360 as well and it was great. Only $115 for the Norman, OK show. Chilled out all day in bars and went in at show time and and got a great spot. Couldn't swing it for this tour.

what time are you all heading to line up? I'm coming up from Corpus Christi so I'm probably gonna drive overnight and hopefully get a good spot in line.

I just booked airbnb close to the stadium. I'm driving to Houston on the 23rd and will crash at the airbnb. When I wake up on the 24th, I'm walking over to the stadium to get in line. May as well hang out with U2 fans in line all day!

I just booked airbnb close to the stadium. I'm driving to Houston on the 23rd and will crash at the airbnb. When I wake up on the 24th, I'm walking over to the stadium to get in line. May as well hang out with U2 fans in line all day!

What is airbnb and how do they work? Is it better than booking a hotel room?

What is airbnb and how do they work? Is it better than booking a hotel room?

It's an app. Kind of like people renting out there homes/apartments/rooms. I hope this works out well. I'll be staying in a room at an apartment near the Medical Center. About $50 a night and it's walking distance from the stadium (or so I'm told).

https://www.airbnb.com

GA now available for Wires. Just scored one. Doing the Houston-Dallas Texas Two-Step!

If I can manage to catch a last minute drop for Dallas I might be joining you. But I fear that since I have RZ in Houston anything else will be a let down.

If I can manage to catch a last minute drop for Dallas I might be joining you. But I fear that since I have RZ in Houston anything else will be a let down.

I hear ya! RZ will be great. I'm lining up early for Houston GA but will probably not be able to line up as early in Dallas and won't be as close. That could be a let down for me as well. Can't wait, tho! :hyper:

This is whacked.

A U2 tribute band is playing the night before U2 plays Houston. They are at the House of Blues. OK smaller venue, closer seats. BUT, and its a big BUT, you can get tickets for U2 actually cheaper than the tickets for the tribute band.

now that is all kinds of fucked up.

How much are they charging? What tribute band is it?

Zoo TV, SeatGeek has tickets between $179 and $234 will all fee included.

I just found them on live nation for $12. Makes way more sense. Do you think that stupid people listed the U2 tickets on the wrong venue.

Last edited:
House of Blues

Might be cool. Doesn't seem too far away from where I'm staying. I guess it depends on when I arrive in Houston and how much energy I'll have after driving all day.

This is going to be my first show of the JT30 tour. The only one with seats too, as all the following are GA.

So I'll just be able to sit there and enjoy the performance.

If anyone is still looking for GA tickets for Dallas show, TM loaded some up last night. They are still there now. Go get them if you need them.

Last edited:
Has anyone received any info from NRG. I have tickets to both Houston and Dallas and I received an email from Dallas, I got an email from Houston but only pertaining to RZ tickets, nothing about GA tickets.

Any hear or see anything on GA houston.?

Has anyone received any info from NRG. I have tickets to both Houston and Dallas and I received an email from Dallas, I got an email from Houston but only pertaining to RZ tickets, nothing about GA tickets.

Any hear or see anything on GA houston.?

It looks like I only have an email from Dallas, too. I need to start studying these!

Does anyone know if they will pull the roof up & run the air-conditioning? Has anyone ever been to a live music show here?

I'm assuming they'll have the roof close. Every concert I've been to its been closed and its been raining on & off here in Texas the last few days.

If they decide to open it they can make that decision pretty quickly (takes 20-30 minutes to open it). But I'm sure the band will want it closed.

Does anyone know if they will pull the roof up & run the air-conditioning? Has anyone ever been to a live music show here?

It was open for the 360 tour and it was great. I think it was closed for Muse, I remember the sound improving with the roof open. The atmosphere changed in the crowd when the roof opened, the buzz was electric!

A bit poor that there seems to be no item check-in facility, given what's allowed into the venue isn't much (from what I'm used to anyway, I'd never even heard of transparent bags before this tour).

Hmm it doesn't seem to exclude backpacks, unlike what I read for dallas. Thanks for that.

Hmm it doesn't seem to exclude backpacks, unlike what I read for dallas. Thanks for that.

Given what happened in the UK today I would anticipate that backpacks will be forbidden at every concert, everywhere, forever.

Back
Top Bottom