May 24, 2017 - Houston, TX - NRG Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if that was changed / made clearer. Horrible what happened today.

Does anyone know if they will pull the roof up & run the air-conditioning? Has anyone ever been to a live music show here?

For 360, the roof at Reliant Stadium was opened about 3PM the day of the show.

For the 360 show in Dallas the roof was closed (it does open right?), and the sound was spotty, a bit muffled. The sound though for Houston was awesome!

It was open for the 360 tour and it was great. I think it was closed for Muse, I remember the sound improving with the roof open. The atmosphere changed in the crowd when the roof opened, the buzz was electric!

Roof opened around 3PM for Houston 360.

I was outside, waiting in GA...sun was out.

Roof opened around 3PM for Houston 360.

I was outside, waiting in GA...sun was out.

It will actually be a couple of degrees cooler today than it was for 2009 360 Houston.

There is also zero chance of rain...the roof should be open. Much better atmosphere, and usually much better sound.
:applaud:

It will actually be a couple of degrees cooler today than it was for 2009 360 Houston.

There is also zero chance of rain...the roof should be open. Much better atmosphere, and usually much better sound.
:applaud:

The NRGPark.com website explicitly states the roof will be closed for today's show :(.

Also expect longer delays getting in as security will be beefed up!

The NRGPark.com website explicitly states the roof will be closed for today's show :(.

Also expect longer delays getting in as security will be beefed up!

Really a shame the roof will be closed, as the sound for 360 Houston was the best 360 sound I had heard...the bass was pounding, and it was crystal clear to me on the floor.
It was much more improved than two nights before in Dallas with the roof closed (it was very cool and rainy outside).:hmm:

It was quieter with no laughter compared to the other shows.

True which didn't surprise me. But what DID was the giant amounts of applause Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton got on Ultraviolet. I was on the floor and people were going nuts. Pretty surprising as I expected boos.

Really a shame the roof will be closed, as the sound for 360 Houston was the best 360 sound I had heard...the bass was pounding, and it was crystal clear to me on the floor.
It was much more improved than two nights before in Dallas with the roof closed (it was very cool and rainy outside).:hmm:

While I don't have much to compare it to... the sound was atrocious in NRG with the roof closed. So terribly echo-y. I mean... really not suited well for the show.

Still great mind you!

Back
Top Bottom