May 17, 2017 - Santa Clara, CA - Levi's Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow actually got in GA from gate F and a decent spot on the floor next to the right tip of the tree. Had to shmooze security to get in through the wrong gate and walk down the stadium stairs.

Waited since 3:45. 5:30 they opened the gate. 5:25 I saw that I lost my entry credit card. Luckily the someone turned it in!
Sounds like you had quite the adventure getting to your spot!

That was an incredible show. I've never heard Bono's voice so strong and the band play so aggressively like that, especially The Edge. Outstanding show.

Enter through the stands in the back of the stadium at 5:39 and this was the view IMG_7964.JPG

Ended up near the tip of the tree, maybe 15 people back and slightly right of the main drumkit.

Crowd energy was good but it was tightly packed. From JT, Bullet and Exit were off the charts. RHMT was actually awesome. Even Trip Through Your Wires was really good. The opening group of songs was a great combo but the weird synth in Homecoming is awful and Bad/Pride need to swap spots. Sarajevo on just took the life out of the show and then it just ended. Worst ending of any show by far.

Getting home situation was brutal. Sat in a line to get out of the parking lot for more than an hour.

OMG getting out of there was awful awful. Didnt get home till about 12:30. Ugh.

Why did you enter on that side? lol... I think I responded to you in the other thread to go to Gate B.

That was an incredible show. I've never heard Bono's voice so strong and the band play so aggressively like that, especially The Edge. Outstanding show.

Enter through the stands in the back of the stadium at 5:39 and this was the view View attachment 11230

Ended up near the tip of the tree, maybe 15 people back and slightly right of the main drumkit.

Crowd energy was good but it was tightly packed. From JT, Bullet and Exit were off the charts. RHMT was actually awesome. Even Trip Through Your Wires was really good. The opening group of songs was a great combo but the weird synth in Homecoming is awful and Bad/Pride need to swap spots. Sarajevo on just took the life out of the show and then it just ended. Worst ending of any show by far.

Getting home situation was brutal. Sat in a line to get out of the parking lot for more than an hour.

Post this in the Fan Exp thread!

Getting home wasn't terrible because we knew what to expect based on past shows with a lot of parking...so we just watched Master of None in the car until basically everybody left. Got home after 1 AM though.

Loved it, but also so glad it's over. U2 shows really are an "event" given all you have to go through compared to just a normal gig from somebody else.

Why did you enter on that side? lol... I think I responded to you in the other thread to go to Gate B.

Yes- thank you for the heads up on the gate!

Lots of confusion with the staff. We got to gate F and I asked security where the GA line was. He seemed frustrated from people asking earlier and said "yes, at 5 PM this line will be open for GA". At that point streams of people starting lining up behind us, so I figured best to stay put since we're first and once we scan through, we can walk around to gate B.

Of course we get to the credit card scanner and she says- oh, you're at the wrong gate, you have to go around the building and go through security again and get on that line. Luckily at the same time people all around were having problems scanning in and a supervisor came over to ask what's wrong and I pleaded my case, so he gave us the wristbands personally and told us to go up through that back way.

Getting home sucked, sat in that parking lot next to the food court forever and didn't get home to SF until 1AM.

You don't wanna know what time I got back to my hostel in SF then, lol.:reject:

Back
Top Bottom