June 4, 2017 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Question-

This will be my first time doing GA at a show, and I was wondering how parking usually worked. I was planning on showing up pretty early, of course, but I was also interested in parking in one of the adjacent garages. The concern, though, is that the garages wouldn't be open until later in the afternoon, after when I'd like to arrive. Has anyone done GA specifically at Soldier Field who might know how parking works in the morning hours? Or what my other parking options might be?

I emailed Soldier Field about a week ago but haven't heard back yet, so I thought I'd try you guys. :wave:

I wouldnt park around the area... it's gonna be a mess afterwards. I'd take the El to the closest station and just walk to Soldier Field... of course, it depends on where you are staying in the city... but if you are staying downtown somewhere, I'd suggest don't drive to the stadium.

For Chicago in 2009, I just parked at one of the garages near Millennium Park/Grant Park and walked the rest of the way. Only took less than a half hour or so. And there were no problems getting out once I got back there after the show.

In 2011, I took the bus down and hung out with a friend afterward instead, but I think I'll plan on doing something similar to the Grant Park thing this time around if I line up early for one of the shows.

Cool! How much did you pay for parking?? How early would you suggest showing up for GA access?

Cool! How much did you pay for parking?? How early would you suggest showing up for GA access?

Not that much, iirc. Definitely somewhere under $20, although I'm not sure what it'd be today. Probably depends on what garage you're at and how long you're there. So if you're there 12-24 hours or whatever, it'd probably be above $10 somewhere, depending on the lot/garage.

Might be wise to check a website like this before the trip, just to get an idea on the what and where. If you're willing to walk a tad further, that could be a good chunk of difference in pricing too.

Find The Best Chicago Parking - Save Money with BestParking

For getting into a GA queue, you're sort of at the mercy of whether or not fans are starting a list, and whether other fans buy into it or the venue itself. I know people are at these venues around sunrise though, so if you're picky on position, that might be a time to be there at the latest. I'd keep an eye on the thread or three discussing these line tendencies in the run-up to the show though.

I know this is probably a longshot but...

I have two tickets to the Pittsburgh show for my girlfriend and me - it was going to be her first u2 show, but...I recently got a new job (we live in Kentucky but I will be working in West Virginia) at a law firm and it is unlikely I will be able to get time off so soon to be able to travel up to Pittsburgh (since I'd have to take a half day on Wednesday June 7 to drive up there and then probably take all of Thursday off, as well). I really was looking forward to taking my girl to see my favorite band, but was not planning on having this job when I purchased the tickets (I got the Pittsburgh PA ones cause Chicago was sold out when I first tried to get them)...

...Anyway. If anyone would be willing to trade (or knows of anyone who would) Chicago tickets (either night) for 2 Pittsburgh tickets, I'd be truly grateful. PM for details about location and stuff.

My group (myself, my boyfriend, and my brother) will be arriving in Chicago about 9 AM on Sunday. We have seats, so we'll be spending most of the day at the Museum of Science and Industry (because AWESOME). We rented an AirBnB very close to the museum. After dinner we'll head to Soldier Field in time to see the Lumineers take the stage and enjoy the show.

None of us have really been to Chicago before, so any tips and advice for places to eat, or which form of public transport to use would be great. Also if anyone else wants to meet up, let's do!

Back
Top Bottom