June 3, 2017 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got mine as well. Know plenty of fans who are going too and know one or two who wouldn't mind going, so it should be a pretty busy weekend for me! :D

I know this is probably a longshot but...

I have two tickets to the Pittsburgh show for my girlfriend and me - it was going to be her first u2 show, but...I recently got a new job (we live in Kentucky but I will be working in West Virginia) at a law firm and it is unlikely I will be able to get time off so soon to be able to travel up to Pittsburgh (since I'd have to take a half day on Wednesday June 7 to drive up there and then probably take all of Thursday off, as well). I really was looking forward to taking my girl to see my favorite band, but was not planning on having this job when I purchased the tickets (I got the Pittsburgh PA ones cause Chicago was sold out when I first tried to get them)...

...Anyway. If anyone would be willing to trade (or knows of anyone who would) Chicago tickets (either night) for 2 Pittsburgh tickets, I'd be truly grateful. PM for details about location and stuff.

Hi folks,
This guy from Holland will attend the first night in Chicago as well! I've just booked my flights. An American friend of mine saved a GA for me.
Looking forward to seeing you guys..
-Will

Looking forward to it. We've got some local family coming with us and some friends coming in from out of town. We'll get them some deep dish and check out the Bean and then head to the GA line!

We don't have tickets for Chicago 2 as of right now, but we might see what tickets are available on Sunday and make a game time decision.

Off to Chicago, see you all on Saturday

Hi folks,

This Dutch guy is currently packing his suitcase. Off to Chicago tomorrow for a Citytrip and catching U2 at Soldier Field this Saturday.
:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

See you all in the GA line

The weather will suck in the GA line. 80% chance of rain. During the show, it's all good. The rain that night in Minneapolis only enhanced the experience. Just make sure you've got a ziplock for your phone. :)

The weather will suck in the GA line. 80% chance of rain. During the show, it's all good. The rain that night in Minneapolis only enhanced the experience. Just make sure you've got a ziplock for your phone. :)
Or buy a Galaxy S8+ and don't worry about a thing. ?

There is a U2 Cover Band playing at the Hard Rock Café on Friday night, I'm sure there will be some U2 peeps there if anyone is coming in early or is local. On the day of the show I like to go to Kitty O'Shea's (720 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60605). It's an Irish bar inside the Hilton hotel. I usually walk to the stadium from there (about 1.2 mile walk). We should be at both :) I've met some wonderful life long U2 friends at these places over the years, before shows. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up!

I too have been following the weather forecasts somewhat anxiously. I think the trend is definitely improving. A couple days ago I was seeing 94% chance of precipitation Saturday and Sunday; now it's down to a 20-25% chance of showers and thunderstorms on Sunday. I'm going Sunday night and definitely don't want it to be canceled, though if they did so due to safety concerns I am sure they would have good reason. With all the European shows they do, I don't think they even flinch at mere rain anymore. I feel like all Zooropa European images look more or less rain-soaked.

Cheers, Mike

I bought a Verified Resale ticket for Saturday night. I'd been planning to stand outside the venue and listen, but now I'm going. Obstructed view, Section 103, Row 3. Filed under YOLO. --Mike

Hello, everyone. What's lowdown on GA entry at Soldier Field? We really don't care where we stand, and we don't want to go in very early. Is there a wristband plan or anything or do you just go to the entry point for GA and walk in? Weather is looking much improved, btw. Only 20 percent chance of rain in the evening until 4 a.m. now.

Back
Top Bottom