June 23, 2017 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have a friend heading down early so if anyone hears about a GA line starting, please post details! thx!

I guess they'll have to make the call just before the show. Don't think they can open/close the roof during. Really hoping for no rain tmr (and an open roof)!

So is anybody doing the GA solo this Friday? Would be great to have some ppl to hang with while waiting and during the show. If anybody's in a similar situation, let me know!

So is anybody doing the GA solo this Friday? Would be great to have some ppl to hang with while waiting and during the show. If anybody's in a similar situation, let me know!

I am going with my wife and will be back probably by the sound board. I will let you know what hat I will be wearing. My name is not kevin and my wife's name is not wendy...it is mark... ;-)

I think that given the show starts at 8:45-9, the weather does look much better and there is a chance they close it for the opening act and open it later...

I am! Flying in so hope to be lining up around 3. Hope the weather cooperates!

I am going with my wife and will be back probably by the sound board. I will let you know what hat I will be wearing. My name is not kevin and my wife's name is not wendy...it is mark... ;-)

I think that given the show starts at 8:45-9, the weather does look much better and there is a chance they close it for the opening act and open it later...

Nice! What time were you two planning on lining up? I was thinking about ~4pm at the latest myself.

Last edited:
I am! Flying in so hope to be lining up around 3. Hope the weather cooperates!

Indeed! Would be nice to have a dry and open air concert! :)

Wondering what the best time to line up would be to get decent places on the floor.? Doors open @ 5pm, so yeah, probably at least 3 or 4pm would be ideal.

Where are you coming from? I'm from Montreal myself. Getting in Thursday, so have a bit of time to explore TO before show day :)

Last edited:
Indeed! Would be nice to have a dry and open air concert! :)

Wondering what the best time to line up would be to get decent places on the floor.? Doors open @ 5pm, so yeah, probably at least 3 or 4pm would be ideal.

Where are you coming from? I'm from Montreal myself. Getting in Thursday, so have a bit of time to explore TO before show day :)
I flying in from Calgary. My flight gets in about 1 so I guess by the time I get downtown to the hotel and have a bite to eat it should be 3-4.

Just stopped off @ Rogers Centre and picked up my number: 165 baby! Gotta check in again between 7-9pm today and then arrive between 7-9am tmr morning. The excitement starts now! :D

soundboard is usually filled up well before then. You can get near it, but if you want to be right up against the rail that divides VIP/soundboard and the crowd, you have to get there pretty early, because they are prime spots.

I got in line at 3:30 in Seattle and we were second off the soundboard rail. (But that whole center area filled up a ton and we moved to the right instead, where there was a world of room.)

i hope that it pisses rain hard before they open the door and all the fake line people get soaked and then enjoy some time soaking wet on the rail...

as to timing, hard to say.

the circle was not even close to capacity at 6:30 for 360 IIRC and it was dead empty on the floor until after snow patrol for the september shows.

and for experience, it was also dead empty against the rail of the red zone on either side well into time after the opening act.

i think the average TO fan on the floor is not an earlier riser. we shall see tomorrow when i saunter in around 6:30 or so.

i hope that it pisses rain hard before they open the door and all the fake line people get soaked and then enjoy some time soaking wet on the rail...

the circle was not even close to capacity at 6:30 for 360 IIRC and it was dead empty on the floor until after snow patrol for the september shows.

and for experience, it was also dead empty against the rail of the red zone on either side well into time after the opening act.

i think the average TO fan on the floor is not an earlier riser. we shall see tomorrow when i saunter in around 6:30 or so.
Don't say that! I'll be in line not fake lining! I will have an umbrella and poncho however. That's how I roll.

Don't say that! I'll be in line not fake lining! I will have an umbrella and poncho however. That's how I roll.

ok. my bad...i will request the rain gods make sure to spare you and any others who are transparent about the process.

yes, looks like poncho is going to be essential since the amount of space under cover is very limited in front of gate 6 and looks to start right around the time when security has noted that you must be there before 3pm. maybe they do something nice and let you inside if the thunderstorms start.

sings for toronto obstructed view on side corners of stage as well as be soundboard left and right side are still dropping as of 4.54pm EST

i'm not pulling up anything but resale.

if tonight i can get my hands on an inexpensive single ticket i'll be there, not gonna stress over it though.

So what's the optimal place to be as far as GA for this show? I was planning on being up in front and center of the main stage, but I hear I'd be missing out on the big screen images. So maybe up front of the b stage?

It's not even that, the Rogers Centre configuration is quite strange, compared to the rest of the venues on this tour, which are pretty much football fields. Concert setups at RC are baseball config. So from my experience at 360, I was amazed how much room was on the floor, and to roam around, no matter where you went. I am hoping the same here. I will likely show up closer to 7, it's not my intention to stand on the field all night. Luckily we can sit, since the baseball grass is still down. Will also likely find a comfortable spot a bit center and not too far back, just so my wife can see. Not so concerned with getting close this time around, but whenever they get back to the arena tours, GA's you really can't lose anywhere down there at ACC.

Coming from Ottawa with my 10 and 13 yr old in general admission...going to be there around 4:30pm...hoping for the rail at the corner of the red zone....

Any thoughts about this spot?

i'm not pulling up anything but resale.

if tonight i can get my hands on an inexpensive single ticket i'll be there, not gonna stress over it though.
dave keep refershing and make sure the settings are resale off and best available. i did that and hit refersh all day today. also keep trying tommorow morning.

So what's the optimal place to be as far as GA for this show? I was planning on being up in front and center of the main stage, but I hear I'd be missing out on the big screen images. So maybe up front of the b stage?
It is entirely up to your preference and what sections are not crowded once you enter the field.

Most people compete for the front row at the circle stage (B stage or Tree stage, whatever you wanna call it) since you'll see the band up the closest during the opening and you'll have a great view of the screen and the main stage. If you go front row at the main stage you will have a close view of the band but yes you can miss the big screen images and video, although this is not as bad during this tour as it was during the 360 tour.

You can also go for the rail corners which give you a close view during the rail, screen and main stage. My recommendation is close to the circle stage in the middle.

Coming from Ottawa with my 10 and 13 yr old in general admission...going to be there around 4:30pm...hoping for the rail at the corner of the red zone....

Any thoughts about this spot?
You'll probably be number +1000 at that hour, rail and circle stage get filled up very quickly but you may still be able to get close to the main stage. Hope for the best!

For those of you who've been to similar Eastern Standard Time shows on this tour, what's the rough timeline for the night? Doors open at 7, opening act around 7:30, U2 on by 8:30, what should we expect?

For those of you who've been to similar Eastern Standard Time shows on this tour, what's the rough timeline for the night? Doors open at 7, opening act around 7:30, U2 on by 8:30, what should we expect?
Doors are supposed to open 5pm tonight I believe.

Back
Top Bottom