June 14, 2017 - Tampa, FL - Raymond James Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm planning on flying in for this. If anyone is attending Miami and Tampa and needs transport, I can arrange a cool private plane flight over the everglades for 3/4 people for nothing more than gas money.

I strongly recommend staying in Tampa, not St. Petersburg if you're flying in. Both the main airport and the concert are on the Tampa side, and crossing the Tampa/St Pete bridge can be murder.

My husband and I are attending this show. Am excited as it's been too long since I've seen my favorite band.

Flying in from Connecticut and looking forward to this show.

Does anyone know what happens if it rains?

Good question. I'm from Alabama and know that our coastal areas are particularly vulnerable to storms that time of the year.

I assume, as long as there's no lighting, the show will go on in the rain.

Good question. I'm from Alabama and know that our coastal areas are particularly vulnerable to storms that time of the year.

It shouldn't be bad. We don't particularly get storms in this part of Florida that often at any rate. Mostly, it's the daily rain shower at like 4pm and it's over in 15 minutes. :up:

Is anybody traveling from Orlando and willing to take along a passenger? My car's not in the best of shape, currently, and I don't trust it on longer journeys. I'd be more than willing to pay for gas and parking. I live near Downtown, but I can meet anywhere.

U2_Tampa_5_December_1987.jpg~original

if it's even close to being as good as this show was, all will be well!!!

The ol' Big Sombrero.

Googled some pictures and saw one where the stadium didn't have stands behind the end zones. Decided to click to the link. Really cool read about the history (begins in 1926) of football and the stadium:

https://www.tampapix.com/tampastadium.htm

Thanks so much for sharing this amazing website! I cannot imagine a more comprehensive history of the old stadium and of professional football & soccer in Tampa. Truly a trip down memory lane for me personally: in addition to a slew of Bucs games, I fondly recall UT Spartans football and Rowdies soccer. Though I missed out on the ill-fated appearance by Led Zeppelin in 1977 (my Mom wouldn't let me go, which was made even worse when she turned out to be right), I did see great concerts there from the Grateful Dead and Pink Floyd. U2, however, was far and away the best concert I ever saw there. A freezing cold (for Florida) night with Buckwheat Zydeco & Los Lobos opening. Now it's time for the lads to make some new history in Tampa on Wednesday!!!

Last edited:
Extra ga

I am selling one GA ticket for $90. My friend bailed last minute. The only stipulation is you will have to show up at 8-9 am to line up with me and become a friend since this is credit card entry only.

Msg me and I'll pm you my phone #.

My (AU) wife and I are also from Alabama and just drove down from the FL panhandle this evening, where there's been a good bit of rain and some on the way down here. Looks like there could be some in Tampa late afternoon/early evening but that's standard summer forecast along the Gulf Coast. We're in the G.A. line all day!

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom