July 8, 2017 - London UK - Twickenham Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GA tickets for July 8 & 9

I have an extra GA ticket for each night. Will sell at face value plus any postage. Please PM me - and please no babyfaces, etc

am not sure if this is the right place to ask this but does anyone have experience of getting to/ from Twickham? I need to decide on whether to drive or go by train but my last train (via Waterloo) leave Twickenham at 11:20pm so maybe will be a rush to catch it.

am not sure if this is the right place to ask this but does anyone have experience of getting to/ from Twickham? I need to decide on whether to drive or go by train but my last train (via Waterloo) leave Twickenham at 11:20pm so maybe will be a rush to catch it.

Times (subject to change)
1630 – Doors open
1830 – Noel Gallagher & the High Flying Birds
2010 – U2
2230 – Show ends

That's the times I've just had in an email. Would think u2 will come on abit later then that though. The train station is a good 15 minute walk from the stadium so it's going to be touch and go whether you make that last train if the gig runs over the 22.30 finishing time

Wonder if there will be merchandise stalls outside the stadium. Would love to get my stuff then take it back to the hotel

Thanks I just got that email too! Station walk time useful, think I will make arrangements and stay with a friend.
Do you know if there is any seating available for GA as my friend isn't feeling too well at present and might not be able to stand for the whole time.
Also any advice about where to stand (I wont be there early enough to be at the front)!
have a great gig!

If you can make other arrangements I would. From what I remember getting to the station on time and actually getting on your train are 2 different matters. It was pretty chaotic on Vertigo Tour at the station.

If you can make other arrangements I would. From what I remember getting to the station on time and actually getting on your train are 2 different matters. It was pretty chaotic on Vertigo Tour at the station.

It's the only station near by and like u say it was chaos after the vertigo tour. I completely forgot how far twickenham is from central London. No underground station runs that far

According to transport For London site, the last train FROM Twickenham, is 00:11am (on the Saturday) and 23:54 on sunday. As someone posted, the gig is due to finish at 10:30pm. Id imagine this would be pretty strict, given that twickenham is in a built up area.
I think there are Trains every 10 mins or so. So should be safe for getting back to waterloo.

I have looked into this, as Id be relying on the same trains, as my Hotel is on the same Street as Waterloo Station.

Last edited:
Were staying in at Clapham Junction, hope to get the train back. My wife is pregnant so might have to leave early to avoid any crazy train crushes.

good afternoon,

my friends have dropped out at the last minute. i have a spare two tickets next to eachother, great location. i definately want a fan to go. please email me at dsm@starcutouts.com if you are interested. they are
U2 - The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Seated
Twickenham Stadium - U2, London,
Sat 8 Jul 2017, 18:00
Type: Wires Group Presale Ticket
Details: M35, Row 59, Seats: 318-319
Ticket Price: £170.00 x 2 = £340.00

would like to get as close to the face value as possible. they are tickets i can email as a pdf.

Brentford is a long walk from twickenham mate. Easily an hours walk. I stayed in Brentford for the vertigo tour show.

If you can arrange some travel back to the hotel after the gig

Yep i'll be taking the train.Otherwise a long walk,no problem:up:

can't wait for next Saturday! One thing that isn't clear on this tour (or I missed it) is whether there's a wristband / cordoned off area in GA this time, apart from red zone? From the pictures I've seen in the US the floor seems completely open?

Could someone who is going Saturday please let me know if they sell merchandise outside the stadium and when it was open from.

I'm going on the Sunday. I get into London early so I would love to get to the stadium,pick up what I want then drop it off at the hotel

can't wait for next Saturday! One thing that isn't clear on this tour (or I missed it) is whether there's a wristband / cordoned off area in GA this time, apart from red zone? From the pictures I've seen in the US the floor seems completely open?

Think the floors completely open. Only croke park have split the floor into two

Could someone who is going Saturday please let me know if they sell merchandise outside the stadium and when it was open from.

I'm going on the Sunday. I get into London early so I would love to get to the stadium,pick up what I want then drop it off at the hotel
If I can remember I will. boing boing

Amazingly the weather is looking good for Saturday, should be dry and warm/hot

Back
Top Bottom