Will U2 sell the remaining tickets to make this tour a complete sell out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didnt click play to avoid spoilers, but even front rail looked very far from the stage! Much further than 360 tour! Is this true? Can the band see you if you're in the first 3 rows?

(I will never be in front, not even on Adam's side. But this is a stage question)
GA Joe, who is often one of the first in, said the stage is about the same height as 360, but a bit further away. Which means those on the front rail aren't straining their necks so much looking up. Also wouldn't be looking way up to see the screen, like you had to on 360.

GA Joe, who is often one of the first in, said the stage is about the same height as 360, but a bit further away. Which means those on the front rail aren't straining their necks so much looking up. Also wouldn't be looking way up to see the screen, like you had to on 360.

Hey thanks for reminding me of his site, which by this time would be updated for JT information. I gotta read it before my shows.

Joe’s Guide to the U2 General Admission | U2 Online On The Horizon

Between his site and catching you on the @ther forum (you're the same name, I'm not), that should be all the functional help and joy a fan needs to discuss/help each other.

I gotta read his site, but is GA Joe going to Pittsburgh or Louisville? Like you said (here or elsewhere), GA Joe is a good line runner (although I'll be #1000+, so no difference *shrug*)

Tampa and Louisville will be mostly filled up, as was Houston and LA 2 by show day. Pittsburgh is another story.

I haven't seen much advertising for the show here in Pittsburgh, so not sure how many people who aren't already aware of the show will end up buying tickets.

The Stanley Cup seems to be the main focus right now, no?

It would appear so, so the U2 show might just go unnoticed. If there is one saving grace, it's that the concert falls during an off-night of the Stanley Cup Finals.

Any boxscores been released yet?

Nope, which is unusual, since some box scores for other artists' shows as recently as last Tues are available.

Current Boxscore | Billboard

Yeah, no boxscores yet, thinking they may release them in one bunch after the US leg is over? not sure.
I noticed that Greenday had about 12 shows on there all at once last week for shows covering a few months.

Speaking of Greenday, I was fairly shocked to see that they did not have ONE sell out out of all their shows listed. Greenday is a huge band that has had like 6 multiplatinum albums, a diamond album and another that sold 8 million. And they still get fairly heavy radio play (much more than U2) on rock and alternative stations.
They were failing to sell out 6000-8000 seat venues. Just shows how well U2 is doing for the state of rock shows this season.

Yeah, no boxscores yet, thinking they may release them in one bunch after the US leg is over? not sure.
I noticed that Greenday had about 12 shows on there all at once last week for shows covering a few months.

Speaking of Greenday, I was fairly shocked to see that they did not have ONE sell out out of all their shows listed. Greenday is a huge band that has had like 6 multiplatinum albums, a diamond album and another that sold 8 million. And they still get fairly heavy radio play (much more than U2) on rock and alternative stations.
They were failing to sell out 6000-8000 seat venues. Just shows how well U2 is doing for the state of rock shows this season.

Yeah, its just so many bands/artist tour these days. The market is just over saturated. Going to a concert used to be a 'big deal', people maybe going to 2-3 a summer/year but so many options now.

This is the way bands make their $ now

U2 are doing incredibly well. That Kentucky show has filled up a lot. You ain't gonna notice the empty seats come show time.

Pittsburgh has the whole bottom bowl and the upper tier facing the stage basically full. Then the upper tiers either side of the stage will have a lot of empty seats. Looks like half of each block hasn't even been put up for sale and there's a lot of seats left in the lower parts of them blocks.

Still 40k plus though. Which is really good

Yeah, i think we can safely say that they will sell all but 5 to 6000 seats out of 1.7 million available (if we are not counting the blocked off sections in PA). That means they will have sold 99.96% of tickets for this tour.

Yeah, i think we can safely say that they will sell all but 5 to 6000 seats out of 1.7 million available (if we are not counting the blocked off sections in PA). That means they will have sold 99.96% of tickets for this tour.

Not counting the "blocked off sections in PA" is cheating a little, but yeah, the tour is a success I'd say.

By U2 standards, anything that doesn't lose money ala POPMART should be considered a success.

I would also think this tour will be the top grossing tour this year, unless Metallica sells out everywhere.

Not counting the "blocked off sections in PA" is cheating a little, but yeah, the tour is a success I'd say.

By U2 standards, anything that doesn't lose money ala POPMART should be considered a success.

I would also think this tour will be the top grossing tour this year, unless Metallica sells out everywhere.

I don't know if that's cheating really. I mean, I don't think those tickets were ever opened up. So they adjusted the seating accordingly from the start. I've seen midsize bands in arenas that had over half the arena blocked off because the band is too big for theaters, but not big enough for arenas. U2 knew that a stadium in Pittsburgh was going to be a challenge to fill.

And Metallica will not come close to selling out everywhere. Miami is about half sold at the moment.
Coldplay will probably be up near the top of the heap. They are on a much more lengthy tour and it seems Asia and Indonesia fill stadiums quite well for them. lol. It will be interesting to see how it pans out in the end.

I don't know if that's cheating really. I mean, I don't think those tickets were ever opened up. So they adjusted the seating accordingly from the start. I've seen midsize bands in arenas that had over half the arena blocked off because the band is too big for theaters, but not big enough for arenas. U2 knew that a stadium in Pittsburgh was going to be a challenge to fill.

And Metallica will not come close to selling out everywhere. Miami is about half sold at the moment.
Coldplay will probably be up near the top of the heap. They are on a much more lengthy tour and it seems Asia and Indonesia fill stadiums quite well for them. lol. It will be interesting to see how it pans out in the end.

And now I see that TM has opened another 1212 tickets for the Tampa show, in addition to the 631 already available.

It's hard to gauge these things with TM at the helm.

And now I see that TM has opened another 1212 tickets for the Tampa show, in addition to the 631 already available.

Yeah, that one seems to be all over the place. It's just odd. At least that's still a very respectable number. It will interesting to see the final attendance numbers. the floor holds a huge amount of people, so its hard to gauge what sort of numbers we are looking at.

Weird that you can't get attendance numbers anywhere after the show has been completed and we have to wait for stupid boxscore.

Oh wow. Yeah, i just saw they opened up a 4 new sections going for 35 and 70 bucks. Gonna tell some friends who might pick em up at that price.

Back
Top Bottom