SPOILERS - Vancouver Rehearsals Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have no beef at all with Elevation, aside from it's stupid lyrics. It gets the crowd going, I can see why they choose to play it. Yes, I'd rather hear a lot of other songs, but Elevation is one of the WARHORSES that does not bother me.

I definitely wouldn't complain if Elevation didn't show up, since it has at every show I've been to, but it does get some good energy going through the crowd.

I was just dreaming or having a fantasy they were playing Wire. I would really like it, but ...... oh well.

Anyone dissing Elevation needs to chill. It is one of their best crowd reactions every night, and they don't play shows for the bootleggers.

Are you new to this band? They have been playing it non stop for the last 4 tours.

It actually got a healthy break for the I&E shows... it wasn't even played at half of them.

I got it at 2 of the 3 I went to, but it's easy to see why they enjoy playing it. It's a crowdpleaser.

I suppose the encore will be where much of the rotation will happen on this tour.

It's obvious that they are focusing on the classic 80s u2 sound on this tour and have picked the setlist accordingly That rules out most of the material from AB onward. Vertigo and Elevation simply doesn't fit in for this reason and won't be played.

It's obvious that they are focusing on the classic 80s u2 sound on this tour and have picked the setlist accordingly That rules out most of the material from AB onward. Vertigo and Elevation simply doesn't fit in and won't be played.

But they just rehearsed Elevation. More likely than not it gets played somewhere no?

Not really, if that was the case why play UV and MS? As usual we don't know what we are getting. I am okay with 80s hits. To make this show memorable they need a couple A+ moments such as Scarlet on 360 or October on IE

Give me

Out of Control
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
A Sort of Homecoming
MLK
Pride
JT

Beautiful Day
One
Ultraviolet
Miss Sarajevo
new song
Bad / 40

And I'll be absolutely fucking stoked.

Give me

Out of Control
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
A Sort of Homecoming
MLK
Pride
JT

Beautiful Day
One
Ultraviolet
Miss Sarajevo
new song
Bad / 40

And I'll be absolutely fucking stoked.
40 could be a wildcard. No One please.

They have played tracks in rehearsal that they have not performed live. See Drowning Man in Dublin 2009.

Are you tired of it? I can't imagine a U2 show without that song. Give me the extended version of Kite,too.

The song is tired.
I'd take Kite with or without the extended solo over Beautiful Day every. damn. time.

Back
Top Bottom