SPOILERS - Vancouver Rehearsals Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 is one of the few bands I don't mind spending a lot on merch for at shows, it's just a matter of if they have anything I actually want to buy. I'm hoping there are some cool designs in those boxes... specifically, cool shirts without tour dates.

If they wanted the slower tracks I wish they would go Kite over MS. I would love to see Kite, but dunno how Bono would go with that these days.

I reckon by the time they get to Europe the encore will look a bit different. I just hope they keep ASOH around.

Kite is a great suggestion. For a slower song, it works very well in a stadium setting. The 2006 performances were riveting.

I've no doubt the set will definitely evolve a little over the course of the tour. Hopefully it will do so in a way that's for the best.

interesting that 'bad' isn't showing up.

you'd think a song like that would have a regular showing on a tour of this sort. i mean, it should be a regular for any tour that u2 do... but this one in particular.

Agreed. A clunky Pride/Streets segue makes no sense when Bad/Streets is staring the band in the face.

The Chris Evans comment about there being more intrigues me. Hiding The Little Things makes sense, new song, fans are gathering etc.

The only reason to hide something in the rehearsals is because of the hardcore fans gathering each day. I'm just not convinced there is a need to hide IWF or Out of Control or Vertigo from the hardcore fans.

IF there is anything else to add, my bet is that it is something a bit left of centre. My money is on Luminous Times.

The Chris Evans comment about there being more intrigues me. Hiding The Little Things makes sense, new song, fans are gathering etc.

The only reason to hide something in the rehearsals is because of the hardcore fans gathering each day. I'm just not convinced there is a need to hide IWF or Out of Control or Vertigo from the hardcore fans.

IF there is anything else to add, my bet is that it is something a bit left of centre. My money is on Luminous Times.

Spanish Eyes

Guys, we all know it's because the second encore will be a 24-minute freakout jam of Race Against Time.

Sarajevo-Little Things transition was done a couple times.

2 more reasons to kill the audio for that song is keeping the neighbours happy after 10:45 and Bono's voice is being worked overtime and rough edges are audible. Little things will be spread wildly, even with several versions already up.

Haven't been down to the stadium for a few days but walked by this morning. Queue barricades are everywhere now. I'll post some pix from the GA area later in the BC Place show thread.

This "looks like an inflated baseball" was not there behind the stage before. Very curious. Any ideas?

IMG_2603.jpg
Giant game of stadium long?

Sarajevo-Little Things transition was done a couple times.

2 more reasons to kill the audio for that song is keeping the neighbours happy after 10:45 and Bono's voice is being worked overtime and rough edges are audible. Little things will be spread wildly, even with several versions already up.

How does little things sound from what you can hear being out there? Is it another song for someone or is it like a legit song?

I'm really disappointed no one appreciated my "Prisoner" reference in relation to the balloon.

#old #BeSeeingYou

interesting that 'bad' isn't showing up.

you'd think a song like that would have a regular showing on a tour of this sort. i mean, it should be a regular for any tour that u2 do... but this one in particular.

I'm glad it's not. And I think it's their best live song although it was kind of lame on the I&E Tour.

Why am I against Bad being in the setlist? Well, I'm against it being in the main setlist. It takes way too much time and energy from the band...do you really want to tire them out before you get to the Joshua Tree songs?

MLK is a cool, short track that requires no actual effort. It should be used in some capacity at every show, same as 40.

Hell, October too.

Are you new to this band? They have been playing it non stop for the last 4 tours.

Back
Top Bottom