So...How Will Bono Perform the JT Songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhill

Refugee
Do you think he'll go back and listen to the original album and try to sing them closer those vocals?

Will he breathe new life into some of the more tired warhorses vocally (WOWY being the prime example)?

On that note, will the band try to keep the arrangements original or re-work them?

Most importantly...will Bono be able to sing RHMT decently? Let's all hope they don't get lazy and try to strip it down...

I thought I&E Tour had the best Pride, Bullet, & WOWY we've heard in a long time. Being on the floor during those songs was a great experience.

I think U2 will stay pretty true to the original arrangements. If Bono can still sing Bad these days I don't know why he can't sing RHMT. Based on I&E fans should be looking forward to the JT warhorses and songs.

We can only hope that at least he sticks to the original lyrics for Streets.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I thought I&E Tour had the best Pride, Bullet, & WOWY we've heard in a long time. Being on the floor during those songs was a great experience.

Agree. WOWY nearly brought me to tears during all three shows I attended. Didn't quite get the criticism of it.

I think the "standards" will be performed pretty much as they are today.

I was ridiculously sick of WOWY, but yes, it was loads better on I&E. Also really loved Bullet on the tour, which was a pleasant surprise. I wouldn't have missed it if it hadn't shown up for another three tours.

RHMT, I imagine, will be reworked a smidge, if simply lowering the key by a million half steps makes it sound too weird.

Agree. WOWY nearly brought me to tears during all three shows I attended. Didn't quite get the criticism of it.

I think I was in tears by the time WOWY began during Phoenix 1. Bad really got to me that night :up:

Bad - Moment of Surrender
WOWY

Powerful stuff

We can only hope that at least he sticks to the original lyrics for Streets.

Careful what you wish for. ?

The album version pales in comparison to virtually every live version of the song since it's live debut. From Larry's drum (drool worthy) to Adam's refined bass playing (even he conceded that he sounds like he's playing bass with boxing gloves on for the album version) the interlude after the second chorus (ditto) to The Edge's supporting vocals (seriously how's he able to do that!).

This ignores the subtle changes from tour to tour. I'll take each of those over the album version. Eh, maybe not the Pop version.

But, yeah, I'd take the JT/LoveTown Tour versions lyrically with The Edge's current guitar sound, plus Adam's ad lib bass playing. ?

Shine Like Stars at the end of every performance of With or Without You or GTFO.

Shine Like Stars at the end of every performance of With or Without You or GTFO.

That made the song worth hearing again on i+e. Pretty sick of it otherwise. And "One", while I'm grumping.

I wonder if we'll see some warm up shows before Vancouver?

Virtually certain it's generally a repeat of the 2015 tour rehearsals. We already know about the dress rehearsal connected to a contest.

Soccer schedule came out today and the Vancouver team is away from BC Place April 12 to May 20th.

Virtually certain it's generally a repeat of the 2015 tour rehearsals. We already know about the dress rehearsal connected to a contest.

Soccer schedule came out today and the Vancouver team is away from BC Place April 12 to May 20th.

I'm thinking more song the lines of club shows like Man Ray or Irving Plaza. Or at least a Fallon appearance?

JT car karaoke with James Corden. Even if it's only Bono/Edge.

Best bet for getting the most viral mileage out of 10 minutes of tv time. If they really want to make it interesting, have Bono in the driver's seat!!!

Better than the bike sketch or subway surprise on Fallon.

This!!

What was the history to this anyway, did they ever get asked where the extra lyrics came from? Did they exist in the studio or were they added on tour? I've always thought the live performance of the song should have them and have been gutted any time I've seen them live and they've not used them.

Do you think he'll go back and listen to the original album and try to sing them closer those vocals?

Will he breathe new life into some of the more tired warhorses vocally (WOWY being the prime example)?

On that note, will the band try to keep the arrangements original or re-work them?

Most importantly...will Bono be able to sing RHMT decently? Let's all hope they don't get lazy and try to strip it down...

No. Remember Vertigo era Bono trying to sing SBS in the original key during tour rehearsals and what happened.

That said, no reason why he couldn't try to get some new life into the songs (looking at you WOWY of the past few tours...).

Arrangements will I imagine stay close to originals. Perhaps a song or two acoustic if they feel like full band arrangement isn't working ?

Yes, I believe so...proper key arrangements will help.

My dream is they do their own thing live streamed on YouTube/FB cutting out the middle man BS. Preferably during the inauguration.

My dream is they do a Kimmel outdoor concert and shut down Hollywood Blvd.

To really get a young audience for the upcoming Joshua Tree tour, U2 need to appear on UK's Old Grey Whistle Test TV program, get a Time magazine "rock's hottest ticket" cover story and have Bono film himself buying a new cowboy hat.

My dream is they do their own thing live streamed on YouTube/FB cutting out the middle man BS. Preferably during the inauguration.

Aren't there about 8 or so upcoming shows in US states that voted Trump? Half of which having shows that failed to sellout in the past?

I also wonder if Bono has already kissed the next 4 years of ONE funding/debt relief from the US goodbye. I bet that question is an upcoming interview ground rule no-no. Why there is no show in Arizona being another no-no question.

Back
Top Bottom