**POSSIBLE SPOILERS** The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 Rehearsal Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing some laser lights now. And flashing bright white

(Is this too much information for this thread?)

Seeing some laser lights now. And flashing bright white

(Is this too much information for this thread?)

Hell to the fuck no. Go grab Morgan Freeman, if you need to.

Last edited:
Not sure how to describe this but there are coloured shapes mostly blueish projected all over the inside. I just took a picture because it's worth 10,000 words

IMG_2530.jpg

Last edited:
Live 2 blocks from BC place 23rd floor. Once they start using the band PA system for dress rehearsal or just testing, if I'm home I'll know it.

Walked around again today. All the views from behind the stage (227 & 228) are now fully obscured by video panels. The mid floor side stage view (243) is unchanged so I guess that steel is used to support lighting that is attached above what can be seen through the gate entrance.

IMG_2525.jpg

Looks like a solid video wall with no see thru element and nothing fabric based.

3+ hours now. I'm fading. Heading to bed. They outlasted me.

If we only knew where the actual rehearsal are taking place.

They need the cat walk and all the production for the final rehearsals. They only have a single set of that production stuff and it's in BC Place right now.

Audio is not that great outside the venue, so don't expect any early audio leaks like 2015. Plus the multiple vehicle exits mean band members can come/go without notice.

Well clearly they need to do some work on the stage, but we don't know for sure that there isn't another set, and we don't know for sure if the band didn't already take it for a whirl in another undisclosed location... like perhaps a giant facility in rural Pennsylvania run by all of the same companies that build and run their tours (and that U2 have secretly used before).

Obviously at minimum B&E are in Vancouver now, and clearly at some point they will run through some full on rehearsals at the venue... doesn't mean they aren't focusing on getting the songs right somewhere else, nor does it guarantee that they haven't already set foot on the stage set somewhere in else.

Where's Bono?

IMG_2536.jpg

Adjusted my run this morning to take me past Kits Beach. No band sightings. :( Thought this pic would give the non-Vancouverites and idea of the setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom