Larry's not on board...and Bono knows it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Redhill's eyes are wide open, the rest of us are blind.

So, distortion is your favorite demented tactic. Duly noted. Not "the rest of us"...as I already repeatedly stated...there are some on this board who see the truth.

Try every trick in your book but it's not going to work. I'm not going to apologize for calling it like it is.

You argue this shit like it's actually important. Distortion! Eyes open!

I'm glad you have all the answers. How nice for you. Enjoy this important victory over us fools who have had the wool pulled over our eyes by that damned lying Bono. We are indeed so misguided. I'll keep this in mind as I rock the fuck out at the shows.

It is important. As someone else said, this band is in uncharted territory. As is the only band in the history of rock 'n' roll who has managed to keep their band intact for this long without becoming a heritage act and forgoing their principles.

I don't want to see them "dip their toes" in that water and acquiesce to that - ever. Especially when, in doing so, they choose to concoct a false cover story to justify it.

They want to force their way into relevance again using a record from 30 years ago. It's ridiculous...and sad.

Real fans don't have a good time.

I have a *blast* when I go to U2 shows and always have so don't try to twist things even further. With that said, I will be sitting this one out in the hopes that they come to their senses.

The only positive I can see coming out of this is that they get a taste of that damn relevance Bono wants so badly so they can finally take a less desperate approach moving forward.

Even though he has reading comprehension issues, he's the smartest one in the room.

He WILL NOT answer any direct questions.

Trump may have competition in the delusional grandeur contest.

Yea, you might be giving him a run for his money. I'm not going to try and prove a point that's already been proven.

Your question was written in a nonsensical way and, as mentioned, I'm not going to do your research for you. If you can ask it sensibly and it's not redundant than I might answer it.

I have my strengths and weaknesses like everyone and I'm quite sure I'm not the smartest one in the room. With that said, I do have a point.

I'm only up to page 12, but so far you are far and away the biggest bully in the thread.
We'll see what the next 8 pages bring, but I'm guessing more of the same.

Yea, right. Do I really need to go back to the beginning of this thread and quote the initial attacks to prove you wrong? It wouldn't be hard to do.

Yea, you might be giving him a run for his money. I'm not going to try and prove a point that's already been proven.

Your question was written in a nonsensical way and, as mentioned, I'm not going to do your research for you. If you can ask it sensibly and it's not redundant than I might answer it.

I have my strengths and weaknesses like everyone and I'm quite sure I'm not the smartest one in the room. With that said, I do have a point.

Several people asked you the same thing. You couldn't answer it, because it's shit you made up.

There's no research to be done. You made up a lie, and that lie can't be backed up. Pretty simple.

Your strengths: grasping onto a ridiculous theory for dear life.

Your weaknesses: reality.

When one person disagrees with almost everyone else, they are either the biggest genius in the room, or:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Engage in all the failed smear attempts all you want.

This tour runs counter to everything the band has stood for their entire career. That is the essence of this. Anyone can paint it any way that want but I'm not buying it.

If that makes it easy for people to mock me or say that I'm trying to be superior...or that I'm a fun crusher...so be it.

There are countless ways to try and justify such a tour but the very fact that it needs to be justified is a red flag in and of itself.

Several people asked you the same thing. You couldn't answer it, because it's shit you made up.

There's no research to be done. You made up a lie, and that lie can't be backed up. Pretty simple.

Your strengths: grasping onto a ridiculous theory for dear life.

Your weaknesses: reality.

Hilarious!

So, what is this grand question you have that's going to solve this once and for all? Can you phrase it in a way that makes sense?

What is this horrible lie I told?

Sounds like reality is your weakness.

i'm going to go out of my way to make sure i'm as miserable as possible at the show so that i can truly connect with the band.

A failed attempt to paint me as a miserabilist just reveals you as one who likes to distort things (like so many others in that thread)...and doesn't contribute anything useful.

Maybe distortion is the tactic of the day. The band's employing it right now so I guess it makes sense that a lot of fans would follow suit.

Hilarious!

So, what is this grand question you have that's going to solve this once and for all? Can you phrase it in a way that makes sense?

What is this horrible lie I told?

Sounds like reality is your weakness.

I haven't made any declarative statements that when asked I couldn't back up.

I haven't claimed to have figured out someone's stance on something based on a few seconds of body language.

I haven't once ever in my history on interference had to make claims over and over that my view is the right one, when in reality no one is really taking you to task on your view.

You still don't get it. This has very little to nothing to do with your purist black and white view.

I haven't made any declarative statements that when asked I couldn't back up.

I haven't claimed to have figured out someone's stance on something based on a few seconds of body language.

I haven't once ever in my history on interference had to make claims over and over that my view is the right one, when in reality no one is really taking you to task on your view.

You still don't get it. This has very little to nothing to do with your purist black and white view.

As mentioned, the subject of this thread quickly turned into this tour running counter to everything that band has ever stood for.

Here's the reality problem you're having. A lot of people have taken me to task for this view and a number of people have employed of number of unfortunate tactics in doing so.

So, I ask again, what is the million dollar question you have?

What lie did I tell?

What lie did I tell?

Dude, do you really not understand that it's complete conjecture that Larry isn't into this tour. You're basing your whole theory on seconds of body language. Do you understand how completely ridiculous that is?

Do you also understand that it's inherently an unprovable assertion? You can't be right or wrong unless Larry comes out tomorrow and says he doesn't want to do the tour. It's an opinion based on incomplete evidence and there are other explanations that are just as valid.

Have you ever heard of Occam's razor? The simplest explanation is most likely to be correct. What's more likely: Larry was having a bad day or was being his normal camera-shy self, or that he secretly hates Bono (someone he's worked with and been friends with for 40 years) and doesn't want to do a tour?

As mentioned, the subject of this thread quickly turned into this tour running counter to everything that band has ever stood for.

Here's the reality problem you're having. A lot of people have taken me to task for this view and a number of people have employed of number of unfortunate tactics in doing so.

What lie did I tell?

I came into this thread to laugh at your "maybe I'm better at this than I thought' when patting yourself on the back for being a body language expert.

That was funny shit.

At that point you were already playing victim and feeling sorry for yourself because no one was taking the bait of your original post.

THEN you desperately tried to turn this into "this tour runs counter... blah blah blah". Still no one has really truly taken issue with that, some have just expressed that reality sometimes changes things. That's just life.

Then I thought you heard something new and had some new info regarding SOE, but when asked, you didn't. You either misunderstood something said, or you were making something up.

But in the process of not knowing what you were talking about you had to attack people and tell them to inform themselves.

And honestly it's THAT what people are taking you to task on, not so much your view.

Dude, do you really not understand that it's complete conjecture that Larry isn't into this tour. You're basing your whole theory on seconds of body language. Do you understand how completely ridiculous that is?

Do you also understand that it's inherently an unprovable assertion? You can't be right or wrong unless Larry comes out tomorrow and says he doesn't want to do the tour. It's an opinion based on incomplete evidence and there are other explanations that are just as valid.

Have you ever heard of Occam's razor? The simplest explanation is most likely to be correct. What's more likely: Larry was having a bad day or was being his normal camera-shy self, or that he secretly hates Bono (someone he's worked with and been friends with for 40 years) and doesn't want to do a tour?

I do understand that it's conjecture and I'm not basing my theory solely on that (that would be ridiculous). With that said, I do stand by my reading of the dynamics in that video. Beyond that, since this thread was indeed initially about the video, there was more than body language at play. The *fact* that Larry was asked three separate times to name a JT song he was excited about and he named -0- songs also gets swept under the rug in this discussion.

As (repeatedly) mentioned, this thread quickly became about the fact that this tour runs counter to everything the band has ever stood for. I listed a number of facts to support that (several times).

Let's apply Occam's razor here then. The first time in U2's history that we heard that Larry didn't want to be in the band was at the end of the Lovetown tour. His complaint was that he didn't want to be a jukebox.

In the upcoming tour, they will be playing the entire JT album (like a jukebox).

Thus, Larry's not thrilled about this tour.

Simple.

I do understand that it's conjecture and I'm not basing my theory solely on that (that would be ridiculous). With that said, I do stand by my reading of the dynamics in that video. Beyond that, since this thread was indeed initially about the video, there was more than body language at play. The *fact* that Larry was asked three separate times to name a JT song he was excited about and he named -0- songs also gets swept under the rug in this discussion.

As (repeatedly) mentioned, this thread quickly became about the fact that this tour runs counter to everything the band has ever stood for. I listed a number of facts to support that (several times).

Let's apply Occam's razor here then. The first time in U2's history that we heard that Larry didn't want to be in the band was at the end of the Lovetown tour. His complaint was that he didn't want to be a jukebox.

In the upcoming tour, they will be playing the entire JT album (like a jukebox).

Thus, Larry's not thrilled about this tour.

Simple.

So basically your whole argument hinges on your misinterpretation of his jukebox quote from 30 years ago?

I came into this thread to laugh at your "maybe I'm better at this than I thought' when patting yourself on the back for being a body language expert.

That was funny shit.

At that point you were already playing victim and feeling sorry for yourself because no one was taking the bait of your original post.

THEN you desperately tried to turn this into "this tour runs counter... blah blah blah". Still no one has really truly taken issue with that, some have just expressed that reality sometimes changes things. That's just life.

Then I thought you heard something new and had some new info regarding SOE, but when asked, you didn't. You either misunderstood something said, or you were making something up.

But in the process of not knowing what you were talking about you had to attack people and tell them to inform themselves.

And honestly it's THAT what people are taking you to task on, not so much your view.

More distortion - perfect. Yea, that comment I made probably did sound self aggrandizing in retrospect. I didn't mean it to be that way. It's well known that when something comes natural to someone they may not even be aware that it is difficult for other people. That's all I meant as there was obviously some uncomfortable body language and extended glaring between Bono and Larry...and surprised to see that other people didn't notice it. It clearly goes beyond just Larry being Larry or in a bad mood FROM WHAT I PICKED UP ON.

To address your attempted (failed) distortions:

1. My initial post wasn't bait. I sincerely wanted other people's reactions. I was honestly surprised when very few people read it the way I did.

2. It wasn't a "desperate" move to shift the topic into something that is a natural continuation of the topic at hand. I also realized that it could be largely substantiated and I was only going to get attacked for genuinely asking for honest evaluations.

3. In regards to SOE, you're still not communicating well. Frankly, you want to attack without doing research so I sent you links because I can't do your reading for you.

4. In terms of attacking other people...of course I'm going to defend myself at some point. I'm stating an unpopular reality and there are a number of people on this board who have a number of demented tactics. I'm not going to idly sit by and be subject to it.

AGAIN - WHAT IS YOUR QUESTION ABOUT SOE? It's been stated that it will answer everything so what is it?

AGAIN - WHAT DID I LIE ABOUT? Are you really going to accuse me of lying and then drop it like you never said it?

So basically your whole argument hinges on your misinterpretation of his jukebox quote from 30 years ago?

No, it's not a misinterpretation and I already listed a number of facts to support the reality of the situation. If you repeatedly choose to ignore them so be it.

DO YOUR OWN READING. DON'T BE LAZY.

I'm glad ALL CAPS finally made an appearance in this thread. How did it take 17 pages?!?

More distortion - perfect. Yea, that comment I made probably did sound self aggrandizing in retrospect. I didn't mean it to be that way. It's well known that when something comes natural to someone they may not even be aware that it is difficult for other people. That's all I meant as there was obviously some uncomfortable body language and extended glaring between Bono and Larry...and surprised to see that other people didn't notice it. It clearly goes beyond just Larry being Larry or in a bad mood FROM WHAT I PICKED UP ON.

To address your attempted (failed) distortions:

1. My initial post wasn't bait. I sincerely wanted other people's reactions. I was honestly surprised when very few people read it the way I did.

2. It wasn't a "desperate" move to shift the topic into something that is a natural continuation of the topic at hand. I also realized that it could be largely substantiated and I was only going to get attacked for genuinely asking for honest evaluations.

3. In regards to SOE, you're still not communicating well. Frankly, you want to attack without doing research so I sent you links because I can't do your reading for you.

4. In terms of attacking other people...of course I'm going to defend myself at some point. I'm stating an unpopular reality and there are a number of people on this board who have a number of demented tactics. I'm not going to idly sit by and be subject to it.

AGAIN - WHAT IS YOUR QUESTION ABOUT SOE? It's been stated that it will answer everything so what is it?

AGAIN - WHAT DID I LIE ABOUT? Are you really going to accuse me of lying and then drop it like you never said it?

So much distortion, right?!

Have you ever stopped, and thought for one second, why are so many intelligent folks who have known the band as long, if not longer than myself, some who have actually spent time with the band, distorting me?

Have you?

Maybe you have a disconnect with reality, or an issue with communication?

Those links said nothing to your claims of SOE, I already had read those interviews. So, thank you, you answered my question.

Those links said nothing to your claims of SOE, I already had read those interviews. So, thank you, you answered my question.

What were my claims about SOE? I thought the answer to that question was going to make everything right with the world?

WHAT LIE DID I TELL?

It's crude at best to call someone a liar and then not back it up.

No, it's not a misinterpretation and I already listed a number of facts to support the reality of the situation. If you repeatedly choose to ignore them so be it.

DO YOUR OWN READING. DON'T BE LAZY.

What?!

You listed facts about how playing an entire album, something U2 has never done, is like a jukebox and what Larry meant?

So not only do you have an expertise in body language, but you also have a flex capacitor?

Maybe you have a disconnect with reality, or an issue with communication?

BTW, that's a common aggressive tactic demented people use to make someone else look incompetent. Maybe you should get some help.

You are the one phrasing questions using broken English and accusing me of lying.

WHAT LIE DID I TELL?

What?!

You listed facts about how playing an entire album, something U2 has never done, is like a jukebox and what Larry meant?

So not only do you have an expertise in body language, but you also have a flex capacitor?

No, I listed other reasons earlier in the thread but I know you're only interested in smearing me...and are too lazy to do any actual research.

WHAT LIE DID I TELL?

I'm only up to page 12, but so far you are far and away the biggest bully in the thread.
We'll see what the next 8 pages bring, but I'm guessing more of the same.

I'm having to fend off numerous attacks from numerous people at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom