Larry's not on board...and Bono knows it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome! Be as negative or critical as you like. Just don't get all weird about it, or you'll end up with bizarre threads like this. :)

Yea, cause we all know the band suddenly becoming a heritage act for a summer after all these years and everything they've said and stood for isn't the thing that's "weird".

It's the thread that's bizarre.

Classic failed distortion attempt.

:laugh:

Last edited:
Sorry, I forgot bands can never change their minds about shit as the times and industry changes.

My bad.

Next thing you know, they'll be playing private shows for dictators and violating everyone's human rights.

Sorry, I forgot bands can never change their minds about shit as the times and industry changes.

My bad.

Next thing you know, they'll be playing private shows for dictators and violating everyone's human rights.

The heritage act statements are pretty darn recent, actually.

Doubling down on the distortion?!

The dealer's got an ace showing.

Last edited:
You argue this shit like it's actually important. Distortion! Eyes open!

I'm glad you have all the answers. How nice for you. Enjoy this important victory over us fools who have had the wool pulled over our eyes by that damned lying Bono. We are indeed so misguided. I'll keep this in mind as I rock the fuck out at the shows.

Last edited:
My humble thought....Larry may or may not be on board. God knows he always seems to have an opposing opinion of some kind of another. I think he's actually running the risk of becoming a crotchety old man.
That being said, the goals of a band do change over time. I try not to view things through a completely black/white lens. Zealotry in all forms, even in U2 fandom, is to be avoided at all costs.
People should lighten up a bit. If you want to go to the show, go and have a great time. If it's not your thing stay home and save your pennies for SOE. The band really isn't committing any major rock n roll heresy by revisiting a beloved old album.

My humble thought....Larry may or may not be on board. God knows he always seems to have an opposing opinion of some kind of another. I think he's actually running the risk of becoming a crotchety old man.
That being said, the goals of a band do change over time. I try not to view things through a completely black/white lens. Zealotry in all forms, even in U2 fandom, is to be avoided at all costs.
People should lighten up a bit. If you want to go to the show, go and have a great time. If it's not your thing stay home and save your pennies for SOE. The band really isn't committing any major rock n roll heresy by revisiting a beloved old album.

Real fans don't have a good time.

Besides, I think Larry's been in "Grumpy Cat" mode for at least a decade. As long as he can bang the drums does it really matter?

Human rights?

Also mother of god this thread blew up, can someone give me a quick summary?

Also, doing one tour where they celebrate the anniversary of one of the greatest albums of all time does not make an band a "heritage act".

Have we all forgotten the likely reason this tour even exists is because they were supposed to have already finished SOE, but as is typical for this band missed the deadline? They are still ACTIVELY working on new music. Last tour they played just about every song off that album, including B-sides!.

Human rights?

The search for THE fan is over, it's been factually backed up.

He's much better at reading body language than even HE thought.

If you're there for a good time, you don't get it.

Even though he has reading comprehension issues, he's the smartest one in the room.

He WILL NOT answer any direct questions.

Trump may have competition in the delusional grandeur contest.

i'm going to go out of my way to make sure i'm as miserable as possible at the show so that i can truly connect with the band.

They already did the Achtung Baby II tour a few years back so why not do Joshua Tree too? Who cares what larry wants. He's just the drummer.

Can you imagine Pearl Jam doing an hightech production tour? I can't picture Eddie saying "Hey, we are not the same people we were 25 years ago"

You could imagine the reaction of the fan base.

You should spend some time on the Pearl Jam message board. You should see the stuff that gets posted whenever they announce a tour and tickets aren't still 20 bucks and they are playing Ticketmaster venues (amongst other things that get posted about how they've changed over the last 25 years).

yeah good on you for even bothering, I noticed it had gone from 30 replies to nearly 300 so just skipped to the end :lol:

yeah good on you for even bothering, I noticed it had gone from 30 replies to nearly 300 so just skipped to the end :lol:

If a red hill's eyes are open and there's nobody there to see them, can it really be awake?

Human rights?

Redhill won an argument and keeps telling us about winning it because winners have to constantly remind everybody that they won a thing you can win. What a winner. The winningest.

Redhill won an argument and keeps telling us about winning it because winners have to constantly remind everybody that they won a thing you can win. What a winner. The winningest.

It's called bi-winning. DO try and keep up.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom