It's GA "line" shenanigan time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The wife and I took a drive around the Rose Bowl today around 1:30pm - wanted to show her the beauty of the area as she has never been here. Sure as a fuck there was U2 GA sign at parking lot K. Drove in and there were 6 or so people camped out with chairs & umbrellas with a 2nd sign stating check in here for U2 GA.

She commented that she thought the people were pretty sad going to that extreme 2 days before the show.

We will be enjoying both shows at the back end of GA and that's good enough for us. I camped out in the Rose Bowl GA line in 2009 and got fucked by the games that went on with multiple GA lists. No more.

So. Someone has started a GA "line" for the Rose Bowl show. It's up to 75. I don't know where it is, which is par for the course for these people. I have a feeling they are trying to keep it on the DL.

Probably won't get there until mid-day tomorrow, hah. Pretty ridiculous... just going to show up and see what we get.

The stadiums (or TM) should assign an entry group to each GA ticket. Like the airlines have 'Boarding Group 1/2/3/4/5'.

Start entries at 4 or 5pm for Group 1 and do it in 15 minute waves. If you miss your wave, go to the next one available when you arrive.

Take the angst out of people needing to show up early, and completely remove the self-important lunatics from being involved in the general bullshit.

multiple lists?

Haha the U2.com forum (GA line process Rose Bowl thread) has a post indicating "A queue list for Saturday will not be available before Fri 19 May 2017, 6:30 PM" with a pic of a fancy "official looking" printed out blank list, as if that makes it better.

So, are there more than one? Dueling lists? How silly.

U2.com forum (again) "Not sure if they were official signs. There was more than 1. He said some were yellow /black and looked legit. Others not so legit"

"Legit"????

For those peeps that have the patience and fortitude to wait in line for 2 days......god bless them!:applaud: I'm to old and tired to deal with this line crap. Plan to go with a group of friends on Sunday. At this point were going to just get in line before noon and see where the chips fall. I'm just excited to see the boys again and hang out with the coolest U2 fans EVER!!! :D

I really hate this queuing and check-in bollocks. It's absolutely insane.

On the other hand, whenever people tweet the check-in times and other such details to me at U2gigs, I retweet it because the more fans who know, the better, rather than the check-ins operating in secret for a special few who know the right people. Even if it does run the risk of giving the false impression I encourage this nonsense.

Ax, you do a service to those who aren't friends with the list folks.

Just saw this and my eyes rolled so hard it hurt.

2pq10du.png

2pq10du.png

Man I'm glad I don't live in the US - we have our own list nazis here, but in Sydney in 2006 we just told them to fuck off and they were drowned out by more people who were pissed off with them.

The sense of entitlement, and the self-important cockery they go on with is just disgusting - bunch of cunts.

Thanks. I don't want to play any role in encouraging this behaviour to spread, but not sharing the info will probably just leave more people screwed over at these shows. Sigh.

Seriously, the venue security just gave them the wristbands to hand out?! I find that... quite extraordinary.

It is getting insane. But I don't think the venue could just say turn up at 8am on show day, not before. Start a line at that time, no earlier. There'd be 100's of people there, & would turn into a riot, with everyone trying to be at the front of the line.

Maybe it's time for a Bruce style lottery. But draw it early on the day of the show. Would let people line up on the day of the show for a spot somewhere near the front, & would mean there'd be different people at the prime spots each show. Also it would stop anyone attempting to camp overnight, & most importantly stop the line nazis putting their friends at the top of the list.

Last edited:
Hold up! So for Sunday's show you have to go to a Starbucks lot to get a band so you can park at 8 in the am??? WTF? If people want to go at exactly 8 and not before they should be able to do what the e-mail said was protocol right?

It is getting insane. But I don't think the venue could just say turn up at 8am on show day, not before. Start a line at that time, no earlier. There'd be 100's of people there, & would turn into a riot, with everyone trying to be at the front of the line.

Maybe it's time for a Bruce style lottery. But draw it early on the day of the show. Would let people line up on the day of the show for a spot somewhere near the front, & would mean there'd be different people at the prime spots each show. Also it would stop anyone attempting to camp overnight, & most importantly stop the line nazis putting their friends at the top of the list.

I used to work at Music Plus MANY years ago and we were a Ticketmaster outlet. For any of the big show ticket sales, they would announce that wristbands would be handed out at a certain time, for an hour. People would show up, wristbands handed out ---- last call? and then a random # was drawn. That # (say, "536") was first in line, then it went in order by wristband # after that (537 was #2 in line, etc) until the last # that was handed out before last call. Anyone that showed up after last call fell in line after the last wristband # when everyone returned in the morning. The draw was usually done around 5:00 PM the day before. Done deal. We never had a riot.

Seems a bit ridiculous the venue is seemingly encouraging this? These people are obnoxious.

Ah well. Won't fixate. Going to have a great time tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom