It's GA "line" shenanigan time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fight me irl. :D Mumford and Sons are great live and has alot of good songs.

Dunno how they work as an opening act in a stadium but they were great last year when i saw em in a hockey arena.

You enjoy whatever Starbucks front counter bro folk you like! I just don't want to hear it at my damn rock show. I'll grant you this - The Lumineers are worse.

Glad Dublin and London are tickets for GA. credit card entry is a joke. The first gig at the o2 was the same on the i&e. Was outside for hours.

Went to see kasabian local to me and that was chaos aswell. It crashed and the stewards had lists with the name who had brought tickets on :) that's how we got in. We had to say our names :)

Roll on Radiohead for credit card entry

The GA is apparently filling in slowly (CC entry issues abound according to Twitter), but looks like plenty of room.
C_q38Y0WsAEx0qo.jpg

The high main stage should keep views manageable. "GA Joe" view at the front:
C_q3RBSV0AAgSjF.jpg

Ok, this looks like no inner ring area for GA. Unless your trying to hug the rail, it probably does not matter what time you get there.

I did GA at the LA Forum (I+E night #1) and CC entry was a breeze. I showed up around 7:00pm and breezed right in. They even had to accommodate the fact that the card I used to purchase the tickets was lost and so they needed to verify my ID and even then it was a 30 second transaction to get in.

Sounds like something odd was afoot last night, hoping Seattle is paying attention and avoids the same thing.

I need to bite my tongue during these conversations because it's hard to suppress my raging contempt for the people that run these lines and intimidate less "connected" fans into following their bullshit rules. And as mentioned before, they hide under the delusion that they're providing some kind of service.

At this point, I'm like Sicy. I don't have the energy to put up with all this shit so I usually arrive sometime after the opening act and still have a great vantage point in GA.

Damn straight.

I assume all venus have different policies. I hope so as i got extra GA to Boston that I may not be able to use.

Glad Dublin and London are tickets for GA. credit card entry is a joke. The first gig at the o2 was the same on the i&e. Was outside for hours.

Went to see kasabian local to me and that was chaos aswell. It crashed and the stewards had lists with the name who had brought tickets on :) that's how we got in. We had to say our names :)

Roll on Radiohead for credit card entry
The O2 must have got it sorted after that. I went to shows 4, 5 & 6, & entry was probably the best I'd seen anywhere. They started scanning very early, wristbanded & moved people that had been scanned into a separate pen. So all that was required once gates opened was the security check.

:corn: Soo more GA line drama then? Boo I missed it all by not giving a hoot.

Maybe I'll line for 1 of the Amsterdam shows.. maybe. But for Dublin and Berlin, fuck that shit. I'll be drowning myself in Guinness/Sightseeing Berlin instead. Too much drama. Too many assholes I don't want to deal with.

Yeah but the whole "check in every x hours" thing is still there and still bullshit. So I'm not going to join the line and support that behaviour.

Shame about the check in problems though.

Also a shame that we didn't really get any good answers about how early we need to show up for future shows thanks to BC Place forgetting to install the latest Windows Update.

Hopefully the other west coast shows will give the rest of us a better idea of how soon we really need to arrive. (To get a good spot or just in before the damn openers.)

I wonder how many line warriors will leave Rose Bowl I early to start continue 'lining' up for Rose Bowl II...

Perfect time to add Bad/40 to the end of the set.

Yeah but the whole "check in every x hours" thing is still there and still bullshit. So I'm not going to join the line and support that behaviour.

Shame about the check in problems though.

I don't even know if that happens here. Regardless, I need to get there early as I'm short and want to be able to see the show :D

:lol: amazing...

Because I have no life i'd just read the Roxy thread again so this is very satisfying to see.

So really, with the way 4 tickets are tied to my credit card...what happens if I get there at 6am, 2 of my friends get there at 9 and the last can't make it until 3.

What realistically is going to happen when it's time to enter the venue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom