GA - paperless tickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I purchased two GA tickets for the Boston show but will not be able to attend. It shows that my tickets are being mailed to me, I'd like to sell to a fan who couldn't get them but not sure if this is possible as even through TM it wont let you sell tickets for this show. The last thing I would want to do is sell to a fan only to have them show up and have issues getting in. Advice?

You're in luck. Boston is the only venue with hard tickets. You will be able to sell them to a fellow fan, either here, or any of the various Facebook groups.

Awesome, thanks! I got nervous when it seemed that you couldn't sell through TM (Tried that so that if there was any issue with having to validate the tickets, TM was involved). If anyone wants 2 GA's to Boston for face and fees, hit me up! I wont have the tickets until 10-14 days but only looking to recoup what I spent.

Awesome, thanks! I got nervous when it seemed that you couldn't sell through TM (Tried that so that if there was any issue with having to validate the tickets, TM was involved). If anyone wants 2 GA's to Boston for face and fees, hit me up! I wont have the tickets until 10-14 days but only looking to recoup what I spent.

PM me!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

There is a strong possibility people won't be cool with it UNLESS you let your line neighbors know immediately and ask if it's ok. Bring coffee and donuts to share. Explain the situation. This has worked for me in the past when someone couldn't join the line until later. This has also worked when someone in front of me asked nicely. The more that are absent, the less likely the people behind you will tolerate it so definitely try to get one or two to be with you most of the day.

I guess it's that time of year again.

No, this is not ok. I don't understand why it would be ok to bring coffee and donuts to people immediately around you and that would somehow justify having 4 extra people join the line. They push back EVERYBODY behind them back. Even if you are person 245 behind them you have a right to ask them to leave, coffee and donuts notwithstanding.

I haven't lined up in years nor do I intend to. But this always drove me crazy. If your ass isn't in line, you're going to the back.

I guess it's that time of year again.

No, this is not ok. I don't understand why it would be ok to bring coffee and donuts to people immediately around you and that would somehow justify having 4 extra people join the line. They push back EVERYBODY behind them back. Even if you are person 245 behind them you have a right to ask them to leave, coffee and donuts notwithstanding.

I haven't lined up in years nor do I intend to. But this always drove me crazy. If your ass isn't in line, you're going to the back.

yep.

not okay.

i get that the credit card issue can be tricky for some... but it doesn't change that it's not okay. they need to be there, in line from jump street, or they need to go to the back. if you want to be in front and it's your credit card, make sure your group is with you. tell them they need to take the day off, get into town earlier, or you're giving the ticket to someone else. otherwise? wait for them to arrive and go in together.

again, this is a stadium GA. the back of the floor won't fill up until after the opener has left the stage, and if the floor diagram is to be believe, the B stage is pretty big and comes out almost to the 50 yard line.

Cqv6taQWEAAIUwt.jpg:large

that was Springsteen at MetLife. Full GA floor, with a barrier separating the "pit" from the rest of the crowd.

if the size of the B stage on the seating chart's we're seeing is accurate, the edge of the stage (ha!) will come out to somewhere around where the pit barrier and sound booth tent area is.

74983s_a.gif

i imagine the booth will be pushed to the back of the floor, and/or removed from the floor entirely like on i/e.

that indented area on the sides of the field... the middle of that lines up exactly with the 50 yard line. if it's accurate you should have great sight lines from anywhere on the field.

I agree too, I was simply coming from a triggered memory years and years ago when a situation was out of my control and I chose to give the original poster the benefit of the doubt since she didn't share details. Of course I am not advocating everyone to bring their group of friends at the 11th hour. I simply said she should communicate.

I agree that lining up super early isn't necessary. For 360 my friends and I lined up at 10am, we were well into the 1000s and ended up "3rd" row from the stage in the inner circle.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

What about credit card entry seats bought in the presale ,can these be resold on Ticketmaster ?

What about credit card entry seats bought in the presale ,can these be resold on Ticketmaster ?

Those can't be resold. Your only options would be to walk the buyer into the venue and hand the usher your cc, or have the credit card you purchased with cancelled and give it to the buyer before the show.

Some have noticed the 'Sell' button on the ticket order detail, but if you try and click on it you'll see it say "Sorry but due to ticket delivery restriction, you cannot list these tickets", so no dice there either.

Last edited:
Those can't be resold. Your only options would be to walk the buyer into the venue and hand the usher your cc, or have the credit card you purchased with cancelled and give it to the buyer before the show.

Some have noticed the 'Sell' button on the ticket order detail, but if you try and click on it you'll see it say "Sorry but due to ticket delivery restriction, you cannot list these tickets", so no dice there either.

Oh ok ,thanks for the reply.
The reason I asked was that I was going to get 2 tickets for my brother as a present ,he lives near New York .
Might have to hold off on that plan as Im not sending my credit card across the Atlantic .I could send my Revolut prepaid card though but that is messy.

You can sell it back, but you can't be refunded.

I bought nosebleed tickets for Seattle during the Wires presale but was able to get GA two hours later. I called Ticketmaster and they gave me a refund for my first order because it was the same day of the sale. So, refunds are possible but you have to do it on the same day of the sale.

My question is where are all the reseller tickets on Ticketmaster coming from as I thought these tickets could not be resold.

I bought nosebleed tickets for Seattle during the Wires presale but was able to get GA two hours later. I called Ticketmaster and they gave me a refund for my first order because it was the same day of the sale. So, refunds are possible but you have to do it on the same day of the sale.

My question is where are all the reseller tickets on Ticketmaster coming from as I thought these tickets could not be resold.
There's no rule against reselling tickets.

Can we start a thread to sell paperless tickets with credit card entry only

You are not allowed to re-sell fan club tickets purchased during the U2.com presale but if you buy tickets in the general sale they are not paperless and can be re-sold. Completely ridiculous. So basically the fan club members that can't make the show get stuck with useless tickets that can't be easily resold.

Last edited:
You are not allowed to re-sell fan club tickets purchased during the U2.com presale but if you buy tickets in the general sale they are not paperless and can be re-sold. Completely ridiculous. So basically the fan club members that can't make the show get stuck with useless tickets that can't be easily resold.

What? Where are you seeing this? The GA tickets I saw pop up(Chicago, Houston..which still have GA available) during the general sale were paperless as well, and I imagine the best lower level seats were as well.

So in my excitement for everything, I neglected to take planning into effect and bought two GA tickets to the Philly show (and DC, but that show isn't an issue), only to realize today that the Philly show is the DAY AFTER the Guns N' Roses show I'm going to in LONDON. :doh: :doh: :doh:

This is my first ever experience with paperless tickets, and I've never been a fan of the idea of them before, and now I'm definitely not.

Anyone have a relatively similar issue like this ever? Any way for me to cancel/refund this order? Because I'd go to Pittsburgh instead of Philly to avoid this issue.

So in my excitement for everything, I neglected to take planning into effect and bought two GA tickets to the Philly show (and DC, but that show isn't an issue), only to realize today that the Philly show is the DAY AFTER the Guns N' Roses show I'm going to in LONDON. :doh: :doh: :doh:

This is my first ever experience with paperless tickets, and I've never been a fan of the idea of them before, and now I'm definitely not.

Anyone have a relatively similar issue like this ever? Any way for me to cancel/refund this order? Because I'd go to Pittsburgh instead of Philly to avoid this issue.
If Elton John could do it in LiveAid, you can do it too ;)

If I had a private jet and could leave immediately after GN'R then maybe :lol:

I could risk changing flights, but if anything happens with the flight then I could completely miss the U2 show :|

Ugh, damn paperless tickets.

Back
Top Bottom