Advice for Croke Park GA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anandvn

Babyface
Aside from GA line shenanigans (which is hear are not tolerated by European fans) can anyone give any advice on when and where the GA line is for Croke Park? I've never been so I have no clue as to what to expect. Should I expect to have to stay inline once I'm there? Would I be able to take bio breaks?

Advice from a Dub;
What entrance does it say on your ticket? Whatever it says go there!
Once in line/queue stay in it to keep your place. In 2009 I queued from about 1.30pm (no list BS for me although it was going on alright!) and there were charming portaloos for those queueing. People will keep your place for toilet breaks and going to buy food....at least they better do or else they are a$$holes! It all went very well as far as I remember until we encountered list people.
There will be plenty of security and venue staff around to help with questions anyway. Have a brilliant gig!

In Dub, don't bother going too early. Stadium is in the middle of a neighbourhood, NO queueing before 7am. They're serious about that.

Back on 360 we were queueing from around that time, then moved into pens on the stadium ground around 10 I think. Lots of portaloos, some food shops, pretty neat. Very relaxed atmosphere around, no bullshit lists or books. You just stay in the line, except short breaks for loo/food, have fun with your neighbours.

I've got pitch two standing. So I don't intend to get In there to early. Aiming to get in there 30 minutes before Noel comes on. Should still get a good spot

Thanks for the advice! So my ticket says pitch 1 Row G18 Seat 651. Does that mean that there are seats on the field?? What is the difference between pitch 1 and 2?

No, there's no seats in GA. The seat number on your ticket is just for accounting purposes, fire codes etc.

Pitch 1 is the rear half of the field, pitch 2 is near the stage. This is what it says on the seating chart on ticketmaster, Google it. But nobody is sure if it will actually happen this way, as the split pitch is not on any other seating charts, & the field hasn't been split on any other show this tour. On previous tours, when the field had been split, it's been first come, first served. So it will be really weird if people are allocated a spot at the front/back from when they purchased tickets.

Last edited:
No, there's no seats in GA. The seat number on your ticket is just for accounting purposes, fire codes etc.

Pitch 1 is the rear half of the field, pitch 2 is near the stage. This is what it says on the seating chart on ticketmaster, Google it. But nobody is sure if it will actually happen this way, as the split pitch is not on any other seating charts, & the field hasn't been split on any other show this tour. On previous tours, when the field had been split, it's been first come, first served. So it will be really weird if people are allocated a spot at the front/back from when they purchased tickets.

Looks like Berlin show had some segregation on the field, the same way that the Dublin show has been marketed and sold on ticketmaster? Just wondering if the Berlin show was sold like this or have any other shows ended up like this?

https://twitter.com/atu2/

Better shot of it here, looks like the same setup that'll be used for Croker

https://twitter.com/u2start

London also looked like it had a split pitch.

London didnt have a split pitch, I was there. Only Dublin was advertised as a split pitch I think so anyway

The front section is small, can't wait for Dublin now as I have tickets in that section

Last edited:
Sucks if there's a split pitch down to luck. Usually a split pitch is down to first come first serve, red zone or "golden circle" or some "snake pit" that Metallica has, inside of the catwalks.

Metallica.snakepit%2Bstage.Switzerland.0530-12.jpg

Sucks if there's a split pitch down to luck. Usually a split pitch is down to first come first serve, red zone or "golden circle" or some "snake pit" that Metallica has, inside of the catwalks.

Metallica.snakepit%2Bstage.Switzerland.0530-12.jpg

They must have done it by first come first serve basis in London and Berlin, don't remember there being two types of GA tickets sold for those dates? However, Dublin was quite clearly marketed and sold as Pitch 1 (at the back) and Pitch 2 (at the front), with it being demarcated on the ticketmaster stadium map. Mind you, I know of no-one who scored any Pitch 2 tickets, everyone I know (and that's a lot) have pitch 1. So pitch 2 reserved for the chosen few and the resellers no doubt, as usual.

And you couldnt choose what pitch 1 or 2 on ticketmaster when buying them? It was random or was it first serve maybe? Anyway the fenced off area is always much smaller, of the total GA maybe 10-15% or so fits in that space, it's usually 3-5k of a total 25-30k in GA if the pitch if large as at Croker, Ullevi, Twickenham and so on.

Twickenham didn't have two pitches, I was there and it was just one big field. No barriers were up

With croke you had the option to buy pitch 1 or pitch 2. I brought pitch 2 no problem in the pre sale

Experience has shown that Dubliners tend not to show up early, we rocked up at 5pm for Vertigo Tour and walked into the gold circle, having queued from about 10am for the previous show. Anyway the split pitch thing does away with it, unless you need to be at the barrier

Twickenham didn't have two pitches, I was there and it was just one big field. No barriers were up

With croke you had the option to buy pitch 1 or pitch 2. I brought pitch 2 no problem in the pre sale

Metlife didnt have a barrier either to my surprise, guess no NA shows has it? First outdoor concert ive been to without it, all my previous were in sweden tho. Even some indoor gigs in small arenas has a barrier. For example Depeche Mode in 2013..

You will have to go in the section you are allocated at purchase.
Pitch 1 will be at the back Pitch 2 the front.
I was at Coldplay in Dublin on Saturday and they were using a similar system but with 3 pitch areas .
You could not move between them and they had separate entrances .
It was a complete mess ,there were queues of over an hour for people to get into the front left section ,with the result it was almost empty half an hour before Coldplay came on.

Back
Top Bottom