A Thank You to The Waterboys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
I had never heard "The Whole of the Moon" until I saw the JT anniversary shows.

It is such a fucking banger, and SUCH a great final song to get the crowd going before the band comes on stage. Such an uplifting vibe, and paired with the anticipation of seeing my fav ever band, surrounded by people who also love them, and add in the electricity of it being around 8pm, with the sun going down... perfect.

I love the song so much and now it will always and forever bring me such immediate joy, transporting me back to a special place.

I saw the crescent...
You saw the whole of the moon! The whole of the moon!!
TOO FAR! TOO SOON!
YOU SAW THE WHOLE OF THE MOON!!! THE WHOLE OF THE MOON!!!

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

It was a great choice, you should check out Fisherman's Blues, in my opinion it's and even better song, in fact listen to the whole album, you won't be disappointed.

Yes, I was gonna say the same thing, check out Fisherman's Blues as well (the complete album even, or if you're daring, the 6CD boxset with all the sessions for that album. Amazing stuff.)
And oh, the album that song is from, This Is The Sea, is quite good as well. :)

How had you not heard it before JT30.

Friggin' Cobbler.

Yes, I was gonna say the same thing, check out Fisherman's Blues as well (the complete album even, or if you're daring, the 6CD boxset with all the sessions for that album. Amazing stuff.)
And oh, the album that song is from, This Is The Sea, is quite good as well. :)

Fisherman's Blues is an amazing album from start to finish, love, love , LOVE it! I haven't heard the bonus material, sounds like I should do myself a favor!

it's a funny movie but i dunno if it needs its own thread.

giphy.gif

When the pre-show music quickly faded and then a split second later this song just thunders into action. Perfect choice.

It was a great choice, you should check out Fisherman's Blues, in my opinion it's and even better song, in fact listen to the whole album, you won't be disappointed.
Co-sign. Fisherman's Blues and This Is the Sea are wonderful albums. Great band, very underrated among American audiences.

I legit went to the show in San Diego to a) see beck and b) see them walk out to this song. It's one of those quintessential tracks in my life.

I was also quite pleased to find "The Whole of the Moon" being used as walk-in music for the JT tour. I've loved The Waterboys since 1985 and still hope to see them someday!

Back
Top Bottom