2017 Joshua Tree Tour Stage Design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sort of happy that I didn't deal with too much drama the two times I did GA on the last tour. I'm wondering if the stadium situation will change that at all... lesser shows and more people and all.

Hopefully. It's just really disappointing when you wait in line as long or longer than some, get to a spot and you've got a group of 4-6 fans linking arms not acknowledging you but looking off into the distance to see when the hell their friends are gonna get there. Then when you try to squeeze in you're basically shoved out of the way and told the spots are taken. Taken? They let us in the doors 20 seconds ago and these morons linked arms the second they got there. We watched in Montreal how streams of fans were coming around the e stage and looking for spots only to see these people taking up so many of them while their friends eventually walked casually around the corner and took their spots as if they had official reservations. The attitude and arrogance is pretty disappointing and luckily for them(and myself)I'm not someone who's gonna actually start a fight cause I mean if I can't have the spot I got to first what's to stop me from starting the fight and having security move us all. I honestly feel like some of these people deserve to be thumped though. You arrive the night before and then some jackass who you saw about 70 people in line behind you has his cronie at the front save him a spot. Pathetic. It's like they have this entitlement that they don't even need to line up.

Anyways I'm ranting. :lol: But it is something that's not right in my opinion and does ruin the experience a bit.

He's absolutely right. If you don't believe it than you've either never waited in one of these lines or you've only done so on a rare occasion and were lucky enough to not have witnessed it. . I've seen it multiple times(NYC, Montreal and Toronto) where a specific group of people who happen to be well known fans, have this sense of entitlement, this ego and arrogance that they are more deserving of the prime spots. It's a big reason why I've chosen less and less to wait in line for GA and buy seated tickets instead. In Montreal it was disgusting how fans got on the rail, linked arms and bullied anyone other than their friends out of the area and yes this group of people were "famous" U2 fans. Celebrities in their own mind. So if myself and the person wanted the spot we got to first it was actually going to cause a fight so we just moved over about 30 feet. Pathetic behaviour from fans.

You missed the tongue in cheekiness of my post referencing some renowned list liners.

I'm kind of loving the simplicity of it, just hope the graphics on the screen aren't cheesy like the I.E. tour.

Let's let these songs speak for themselves.

Curious though what is the deal with the tree set piece at the top of the screen.

I think the tree piece is supposed to be The Joshua Tree. Willie Williams in January said:

"[Laughs] Oh, OK, gosh. Yes. If it's on Ticketmaster, I don't mind telling you. We're still kind of working that out, but the shadow of the tree is on the pitch."

So it looks like the b stage is supposed to be the shadow of the actual tree.

U2's Longtime Stage Designer Talks 'Joshua Tree' Tour - Rolling Stone

Lol. Great job by me.

what i meant to say was I think the tree on the stage is supposed to be "the" tree and what we've been calling the joshua tree in terms of the stage is actually its shadow.

writing helps sometimes! #wewill

C-727WwXsAEEgr2.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/dublandpodcast/status/859896085384503297

https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagra...18_1224941510905892_2355115879055753216_n.jpg

Was Popmart a higher screen/stage?

Why is there an exact allocated seat for GA?

It's been discussed before, it's strictly for accounting and ticket management. The floor (with the exception of Red Zone) will be completely open for people to stand wherever they'd like.

Yeah Popmart was seated field in the US as well, as was ZooTV.

First time they had GA floor in the US was in 2001 for Elevation Tour.

Was it, didn't realise this. I knew popmart was but didn't know zoo tv was aswell. Wonder why

Yeah, the top shot was how the stage looked during the opening acts, then the tree was lifted into place and the U and 2 went down. What's interesting about that top photo is that the U and 2 are up while the band is on stage. There are also the supplemental 9-lights around the edges for streets so this was part of the RnH filming.

This GA is really going to be awesome because there's so much friggin room. That B-stage barely takes up any space and now there's nothing blocking off the fans near the stage from everybody else. Lots of great vantage points this time around compared to the I&E's stage leading to a lot of awkward angles for GA fans.

This GA is really going to be awesome because there's so much friggin room. That B-stage barely takes up any space and now there's nothing blocking off the fans near the stage from everybody else. Lots of great vantage points this time around compared to the I&E's stage leading to a lot of awkward angles for GA fans.
I found i/e's GA to have the best views for the most fans yet.

Sure, the "we waited all night just to sniff Adams armpits" crowd had some awkward sightlines, but everyone on the floor, no matter how late you arrived, was able to have a relatively close spot to the band at some point throughout the show.

I found i/e's GA to have the best views for the most fans yet.

Sure, the "we waited all night just to sniff Adams armpits" crowd had some awkward sightlines, but everyone on the floor, no matter how late you arrived, was able to have a relatively close spot to the band at some point throughout the show.

I agree, i+e was the most equitable floor set up by far.
Not a bad spot in GA.

I agree, i+e was the most equitable floor set up by far.
Not a bad spot in GA.

Nope. Not one bad view. I consider the I&E tour the pinnacle of U2's stage set up. I can't wait until it starts again. I'm grateful this tour is happening, though.

You must be tall. I think this tour has less great vantage points than the last couple of stadium tours. For me, a shorty, a good vantage point needs to be a rail with unobstructed views. What I call a "good rail". Verses a "bad rail" spot, which is just something to hold on to, but doesn't help with views.

360 had tonnes of good rail for GA. The main stage rail, plus all of the outer rail of the catwalk. Vertigo Outdoor had lots of good rail. The main stage, plus the outer rail of the 2 mini b-stages, plus the outer rail of the catwalks. This tour doesn't have much. Just the main stage rail & the outer rail of the b-stage. The outer rail of the catwalk is reserved for RZ.

i+e didn't have much good rail. Just the main stage, small sections of the catwalk, & very small sections of the b-stage. Even then you really had to choose it you wanted to see the main stage, the b-stage, or the visuals. But at least you were never far from the action.

One good thing this tour. Everyone should have good views of the screen. Which wasn't the case for the last couple of tours, especially for those close to the main stage (& the b-stage last tour).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom