2017 Joshua Tree Tour Stage Design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Based on the seat maps that B stage could be huge, and come out further than you think (that's what she said). They might be a good 30 to 40 yards extended from the main stage...could make getting there super early for GA almost not that necessary?
I'm all for early arrivals being unnecessary.

It was entirely unnecessary to line up on 360... you could arrive at 6 and mosey right onto the inner circle. Hoping for a similar arrangement this go around

I am wondering if they will have those towers on the back that hold speakers and lights. Wouldn't want that to block my view if I sit around those areas in a show. Those are usually placed in the back corners of the floor but who knows this time around.

I am wondering if they will have those towers on the back that hold speakers and lights. Wouldn't want that to block my view if I sit around those areas in a show. Those are usually placed in the back corners of the floor but who knows this time around.
That's pretty standard at this point, so I'd assume so.

It's surprising they seem to go for 180 in stead of 360.
I thought 360 gave some HUGE advantages over 180:
- more people close to the stage and, more importantly,
- much better sound!!! The sound in Amsterdam Arena for example was incredible and I can tell you that the sound in the seats sucks in a 180 setup.

You would imagine U2 gwould go for these big advantages! Besides, they would sell 20% more tickets!!

I think you mean 270 instead of 180. I mean there will be people on the sides that will have a clear view. Only the part of the stadium directly in back of the stage will likely be blocked off.

I'm all for early arrivals being unnecessary.

It was entirely unnecessary to line up on 360... you could arrive at 6 and mosey right onto the inner circle. Hoping for a similar arrangement this go around

I'd prefer that they would have some type of an inner circle, like maybe 25% of the area just in front of the stage blocked off in which you have to arrive a little early to get into.

Dallas does have a retractable roof, but for 360 it was closed and the acoustics were terrible. (I was in the inner circle, so it was okay, but everyone I know who had seats said they could barely make anything out).

The Tree Stage (as pictured on the Croke Park TM Platinum tix page):

Last edited:
I hope we all keep referring to it as the kidney stage

I'm disappointed that the stage isn't a ludicrously overcomplicated series of intersecting Joshua tree branches that everyone in the band except Larry would fall off of every night. What a missed opportunity.

I'm disappointed that the stage isn't a ludicrously overcomplicated series of intersecting Joshua tree branches that everyone in the band except Larry would fall off of every night. What a missed opportunity.

Don't worry, if Edge can fall off the IE stage, he can fall off this one easily.

Also, to be honest, it's a bit disappointing Edge's side is totally taken up by the Red Zone. Oh well, hope the rich tossers are ready to catch him when he falls.

Dallas does have a retractable roof, but for 360 it was closed and the acoustics were terrible. (I was in the inner circle, so it was okay, but everyone I know who had seats said they could barely make anything out).

I had excellent seats near the stage Edge side and the sound was fine. I think anything far away and up high was bad

I can't recall a stadium show in the states recently with a fully open GA - perhaps due to safety concerns.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Gxl_xUEhghU/maxresdefault.jpg
Handful of US stadiums on ACDC 2015 had all GA.

http://lazer1033.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/12/files/2016/08/IMG_7537.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqVhgVjVIAEFcrD.jpg
http://www.glidemagazine.com/glide/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/09_Metallica.jpg
Metallica opening a Stadium in Minneapolis in the last year or two. All GA floor.

Some EDM event have a full stadium floor of people all packed in. Some US festivals have 70,000 in a field without serious much in the way of different sections.

That's what I'm figuring. Ie was incredible in that respect. No matter what you had chances to see bono and the boys up close, minis those packed right at the stage... who were mostly probably the losers who sat and cried at the Boston elevation tour show when they put prettier people up front.

i hope a real schematic of the stage layout comes out soon... i'm interested to see exactly how far the B-stage comes out and how big it is. It looks like it comes out to the 50 yard line, and is about 20 yards across from the rough diagram on ticketmaster sites, but as we know those can be misleading. usually at least one of the venues accidentally puts the real schematic up instead of the placeholder by now (see San Jose on i/e)

i hope a real schematic of the stage layout comes out soon... i'm interested to see exactly how far the B-stage comes out and how big it is. It looks like it comes out to the 50 yard line, and is about 20 yards across from the rough diagram on ticketmaster sites, but as we know those can be misleading. usually at least one of the venues accidentally puts the real schematic up instead of the placeholder by now (see San Jose on i/e)

Leaks are inevitable. I think the planning team is cognizant of GA issues and a sizeable B stage would give better sightlines to more people on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

- much better sound!!! The sound in Amsterdam Arena for example was incredible and I can tell you that the sound in the seats sucks in a 180 setup.

Agreed Phommel - I've seen a couple of gigs in the Amsterdam Arena and the sound wasn't up to their usual standards!

Agreed Phommel - I've seen a couple of gigs in the Amsterdam Arena and the sound wasn't up to their usual standards!

Probaly dont want to pay the 750,000 a day costs to keep that tour going.

Think its gonna be a stripped down tour which i cant wait for.

360 in a stadium was great but i dont think u2 or anyone will ever do it again

The great sound on 360 was because of the sound system they used, not because it was in the round, so as long as they use the same system that shouldn't change.

360 was a massive undertaking... Certainly not something that they could easily pull off on a short tour like this. I don't discount the possibility that they do something like that again, but it would have to be for a full, multi-year tour.

"but the shadow of the tree is on the pitch"

also said it wouldn't be the traditional end stage set band box set up... i'm wondering if the tree will be part of the stage... maybe the center piece with big video screens on either side, with the b stage as sort of the "shadow" of the tree stretching onto the field.

will be interesting to see some schematics when the time comes... somebody in belgium go look for a giant tree being built.

Back
Top Bottom