Stockholm #3 Setlist Party (Postponement Discussion)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And I really think McGuinness exit was not a bad thing

They made money, but the album and tour roll out has left quite a lot to be desired with Bono's injury only being a minor excuse. Guy still has a steep learning curve since Madonna has quite a different relationship with the fan community than U2.

Last edited:
The Bullet gun rant should be fun tomorrow.

Though I should know better, I wonder what goodies might pop up in the setlist to make up for fairly significant hassle to fans?

Tour premiers ready to go:
-Playboy Mansion(full band rehearsal in Vancouver)
-Trying to Throw(acoustic B&E rehearsal in Vancouver)
-No Line on the Horizon(full version done in Vancouver)
-Running To a Standstill(full band guitar/harmonica version done MANY times at Vancouver rehearsals)
-An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart(rehearsed before Roxy show)
-Ocean/11 Clock(still a Roxy exclusive)

Half of these would be Euro tour debuts:
-California
-Troubles(Lykke Li's home country no less!!)
-All Want is You
-Two Hearts
-Gloria(on the cancelled Stockholm #3 setlist)
-When Loves Comes To Town(quoted by Bono couple nights ago)
-Crystal Ballroom
-Lucifer's Hands
-Satellite of Love
-In God's Country

I believe Gloria was played in Amsterdam.

Just saw this news -- makes you realize how lucky we all are every time we get to go and come home from a U2 show. Not gonna lie, I think about NOT MAKING it home every show I ever go to... that's how I roll. Crazy.

I think the Eiffel Tower news today about shut down may have played a part in this? Maybe it's bigger than we know. Scary.

This is so crazy! So sorry to any of you that can't make the make up show. So thankful everyone is safe!

The Bullet gun rant should be fun tomorrow.

Though I should know better, I wonder what goodies might pop up in the setlist to make up for fairly significant hassle to fans?

Tour premiers ready to go:
-Playboy Mansion(full band rehearsal in Vancouver)
-Trying to Throw(acoustic B&E rehearsal in Vancouver)
-No Line on the Horizon(full version done in Vancouver)
-Running To a Standstill(full band guitar/harmonica version done MANY times at Vancouver rehearsals)
-An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart(rehearsed before Roxy show)
-Ocean/11 Clock(still a Roxy exclusive)

Half of these would be Euro tour debuts:
-California
-Troubles(Lykke Li's home country no less!!)
-All Want is You
-Two Hearts
-Gloria(on the cancelled Stockholm #3 setlist)
-When Loves Comes To Town(quoted by Bono couple nights ago)
-Crystal Ballroom
-Lucifer's Hands
-Satellite of Love
-In God's Country

two hearts and gloria both played in amsterdam. + that new magnificent remix. but i have a feeling that might have been a one off.

I won't complain if an Ordinary Love / IALW medley gets played, as long as everyone's OK.

"We can't fall any further....
If we can't feel ordinary love"

Would be a good one after this BS.

Technically, a postponement isn't a cancellation. But yeah, the whole situation sucks and is also kind of scary :sigh:

U2gigs tweeted this morning that someone from U2's stage crew said that they'll have to work very hard getting the whole equipment to Berlin in time for the first show. It makes me wonder if there's only one stage, which would be a logistical nightmare.

I hope everything will be ok tonight and tomorrow and I also hope the first Berlin show will go ahead as planned. I'm leaving for Berlin on Wednesday. It's a bit of a sick feeling after everything that happened tonight. I'm sure the band isn't feeling too well either. Still, security is the most important thing.

Quite worried that something might happen tonight too that cancels the show again.. :(

No chance of anyone pulling any shit tonight. Las tnight was a mistake.

Today , security stated they are going to check people VERY thoroughly and are asking fans to leave bags etc at the hotel or at home. So the process of checking everyone will go more quickly.

cannot believe security could have been so naive... someone will be in deep shit for that slip-up i hope!

Can someone translate this? Or at least give a summary?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

This is what I can make of it.

Summary:

The guy who took the gun with him last night was an actual policeman (a stupid one ?) and has been identified according to this paper. (no confirmation of the police)

There was NO indication of a threath against bono.

The case is being treated as a "misconduct of weapons offences" Whatever that means.

at 23:40 PM police where notified that there was a violation of the Arms Act at the venue. They used surveillance camera's to track down the suspect.

Apparently the bands or crews cars where spotted driving back to the hotel at around 22:00. A while later the gig was cancelled.

At midnight , a photo by Bjorn Borg appeared on instagram with him hanging out with Edge and Bono..

Long story short. Dude forgot he had weapon on him. Fucked up the night for many people.. :uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom