Stockholm #3 Setlist Party (Postponement Discussion)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like everyone is on the other side of the barricades now

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

has this ever happened to them before? a cancellation under circumstances like these? :(

What a silly thing to say.

It is meant in a silly way. Our PT infrastructure is great. But gets cancelled or delayed most of the time, especially our National Railway. We like to bash them... Hence the comment. Please take it with a grain of salt.

There was the bomb threat in Sydney in 89 but they came back and played.

This will make for some drama on the HBO doc

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

has this ever happened to them before? a cancellation under circumstances like these? :(

No. There was a bomb threat made before the 18 November 1989, Sydney show that caused the entire venue to be evacuated, but that show ultimately went ahead.

It is meant in a silly way. Our PT infrastructure is great. But gets cancelled or delayed most of the time, especially our National Railway. We like to bash them... Hence the comment. Please take it with a grain of salt.

Gotcha. If anything I find that in most big cities with halfway decent PT you're more likely to get screwed over by traffic jams in cars than anything else.

cheers... that's what i thought too, but wasn't completely sure... man that must be a real bummer all round

One wonders if u2 had security concerns or if this phone threat was an isolated incident, though the band have met fans before shows in Europe. Maybe someone is still annoyed about the iTunes forced download.

Yeah I recall the shows on 360 beginning around 10-11pm.

Couple of the Vancouver Vertigo events went end around 11:30.

One of the arena 2005 rehearsals went to about 12:30 at full concert volume in downtown Vancouver.

Scary stuff. I'm glad they cancelled rather than risk something terrible happening if there were any doubts about safety.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Fans are obviously not the only one's bummed about this.

Poor crew, and onsite staff.

12002859_1687402378144457_6328838852640370424_n.jpg

U2 > News > Sunday Show Rescheduled For Tuesday

The following statement was issued a few minutes ago:

U2’s SUNDAY SHOW IN STOCKHOLM RESCHEDULED UNTIL TUESDAY

Due to a security breach, Stockholm's The Globen evacuated the audience from the building this evening.

As the breach has not been resolved quickly and as audience safety is paramount, the police have advised The Globen and Live Nation that they have no option but to postpone tonight's show, to a rescheduled date of Tuesday 22nd September.

All tickets from Sunday 20th September are valid for Tuesday 22nd September.

The organizers apologize for the inconvenience caused and thank the audience for their understanding. Their safety is the priority.

Bono now has to do 3 shows in 4 days. What's the over/under on what song his voice kicks out during the Berlin #2 show?

He did it a couple times on 360 and with the short Roxy show in LA this year. His voice got rough during some of the Vancouver IE rehearsals that were 4-6 days straight.

Jesus. I was at Stockholm 1 and 2. Guess I got lucky. I feel terrible for everyone there, and fuck whoever is responsible for this threat. I feel so ashamed of shit like this happening in my home country.

Very fortunate there wasn't something else on at the arena on Tuesday...!

Jesus. I was at Stockholm 1 and 2. Guess I got lucky. I feel terrible for everyone there, and fuck whoever is responsible for this threat. I feel so ashamed of shit like this happening in my home country.

Could have happened anywhere. Just a single piece of shit ruining it for others. No country or culture to blame for it. Don't be ashamed.

Just booked a new train ticket, gonna stay a day extra in Stockholm now then.. If some delay or such happens now again i am the one gonna wreak havoc, not on the band of course. But i will find the dip shit responsible and beat him to a Pulp.

Could have happened anywhere. Just a single piece of shit ruining it for others. No country or culture to blame for it. Don't be ashamed.

So far this album cycle is surprisingly "cursed".

McGuinness exit
iTunes fall out
Bike crash
Larry Sr.
Edge stage diving
Sheehan
Stockholm

The Bullet gun rant should be fun tomorrow.

Though I should know better, I wonder what goodies might pop up in the setlist to make up for fairly significant hassle to fans?

Tour premiers ready to go:
-Playboy Mansion(full band rehearsal in Vancouver)
-Trying to Throw(acoustic B&E rehearsal in Vancouver)
-No Line on the Horizon(full version done in Vancouver)
-Running To a Standstill(full band guitar/harmonica version done MANY times at Vancouver rehearsals)
-An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart(rehearsed before Roxy show)
-Ocean/11 Clock(still a Roxy exclusive)

Half of these would be Euro tour debuts:
-California
-Troubles(Lykke Li's home country no less!!)
-All Want is You
-Two Hearts
-Gloria(on the cancelled Stockholm #3 setlist)
-When Loves Comes To Town(quoted by Bono couple nights ago)
-Crystal Ballroom
-Lucifer's Hands
-Satellite of Love
-In God's Country

Last edited:
The Bullet gun rant should be fun tomorrow.

Though I should know better, I wonder what goodies might pop up in the setlist to make up for fairly significant hassle to fans?

Tour premiers ready to go:
-Playboy Mansion(full band rehearsal in Vancouver)
-Trying to Throw(acoustic B&E rehearsal in Vancouver)
-No Line on the Horizon(full version done in Vancouver)
-Running To a Standstill(full band guitar/harmonica version done MANY times at Vancouver rehearsals)
-An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart(rehearsed before Roxy show)
-Ocean/11 Clock(still a Roxy exclusive)

Half of these would be Euro tour debuts:
-California
-Troubles(Lykke Li's home country no less!!)
-All Want is You
-Two Hearts
-Gloria(on the cancelled Stockholm #3 setlist)
-When Loves Comes To Town(quoted by Bono couple nights ago)
-Crystal Ballroom
-Lucifer's Hands
-Satellite of Love
-In God's Country

Where did he quote When Love Comes to Town???

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom