Stockholm 3(ish) Setlist party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh 360's version of UTTEOTW was great. I remember Edge going insane in Hannover. He was right above our little group on one of the bridges. Its one of their live gems. The best of the best.

Was that an Elvis Costello snippet (Love Peace and understanding?)

I wasn't online then, but kuddo's for recognizing an Elvis Costello cover (as he didn't write (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love & Understanding himself, but it is one of his most famous songs).

:up:

I wasn't online then, but kuddo's for recognizing an Elvis Costello cover (as he didn't write (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love & Understanding himself, but it is one of his most famous songs).

:up:

Yeah I had to google it and find out who wrote the original. At least I knew the song. Gets some radio-play on Arrow sometimes.

The Globe - Stockholm, SE - September 21, 2015

--------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Gloria / Van Morrisson's Gloria (Snippet)
03 - Vertigo
04 - I will Follow / Peace, Love, and Understanding (Snippet)
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again (Snippet)
09 - Raised By Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / LAPOE (snippet) / Words (Snippet)
-------- Intermission : The Fly (Gavin Friday Remix) --------
11 - Invisible

UTEOTW is my favorite U2 live song.

My favorite version was from when I saw them in Denver on 360. I think it was May 22nd, a day in which the world was allegedly supposed to end. Right before Edge ripped into the opening riff Bono quips "Such a disappointment!" Then his banter about the entire audience going to hell with him while Edge went up to heaven was pretty entertaining.

Anyways, end random story.

I raised a triumphant fist in the air when it came on during my first U2 show on the Vertigo tour, especially as it wasn't a regular back then. Still my favourite U2 song.

I really needed U2gigs for the snippets during UTTEOTW :uhoh:

Oh the Irony !

CPcz3gUVAAAWb31.jpg

EBTTRT is interesting this tour. I'm sort of surprised that Edge gives total control to Dallas for the Whammy pedal. Has he done done that prior to this tour? (in terms of actively altering the pitch of the guitar while Edge is out playing, not just switching a setting which happens often)

03 - Vertigo
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for someone
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing

EBTTRT is interesting this tour. I'm sort of surprised that Edge gives total control to Dallas for the Whammy pedal. Has he done done that prior to this tour? (in terms of actively altering the pitch of the guitar while Edge is out playing, not just switching a setting which happens often)
In Glastonbury Dallas controlled wah-wah during Boots.

I think Dallas stated it was the first time he was doing so much, some while back and that controlling Edge's sound like this while checking guitars in between, was not for the "faint hearted" :lol:

Yeah, I think Dallas has been manning the pedals before. I think I remember reading it was as far back as the Zooropa era. And probably also songs like Mysterious Ways (doesn't that one also require use of a pedal) on Popmart.

Yeah, I think Dallas has been manning the pedals before. I think I remember reading it was as far back as the Zooropa era. And probably also songs like Mysterious Ways (doesn't that one also require use of a pedal) on Popmart.

Dallas has controlled Edge's wah during GOYB in last tour, i think...

Dallas has done pedal switching on certain songs for several tours. Usually most the stuff away from the main stage.

Edge is sometimes picky with his guitar tone and having things hard wired vs. radio waves can weaken the sound/tone. That might also be a factor.

03 - Vertigo
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for someone
11 - Invisible
13 - Mysterious Ways / Burning down the house (Snippet)

03 - Vertigo
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for someone
11 - Invisible
13 - Mysterious Ways / Burning down the house (Snippet)
14 - Elevation

Dallas has done pedal switching on certain songs for several tours. Usually most the stuff away from the main stage.

Edge is sometimes picky with his guitar tone and having things hard wired vs. radio waves can weaken the sound/tone. That might also be a factor.

Don't know using wirelesses gonna weaken the sound but I'm sure there's some weird discrepancy between true cable sound and wireless signal (i remember Edge attenuates signal a lot via his wireless units)

What is this sorcery! Edge on his knees and Larry allowing Bono to hug him while playing? :tsk:

And that's why Song For Someone isn't done on the eStage

Back
Top Bottom