*Spoilers* - Rehearsals in Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone probably already wrote it somewhere but I couldn't find it anywhere....thus I'm posting it:

3 songs played for the Fallon show: Beautiful day, Angel of Harlem and Song for someone.

Very boring setlist.... sorry, but they have 100 better songs than those 3! :angry:

Dalton brothers have also appeared again..... :hyper:

Someone probably already wrote it somewhere but I couldn't find it anywhere....thus I'm posting it:

3 songs played for the Fallon show: Beautiful day, Angel of Harlem and Song for someone.

Very boring setlist.... sorry, but they have 100 better songs than those 3! :angry:

Dalton brothers have also appeared again..... :hyper:

It wasn't the Dalton Brothers - it was just U2 dressed as street performers playing Angel of Harlem

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Dan managed to kill my excitement in under a minute.

He must be a real hit with the ladies!

Oh boy, don't I wish it was really the Dalton Brothers. Those accents! :lol: Now I need to go rewatch 'Lost Highway'.

I guess I'll chime in. (all the hate and trolling in here has had me deleting everything I try typing).

Crystal Ballroom is not rock. It's dance pop. And not very good dance pop. I'm not really a fan of that song.

I guess I'll chime in. (all the hate and trolling in here has had me deleting everything I try typing).

Crystal Ballroom is not rock. It's dance pop. And not very good dance pop. I'm not really a fan of that song.

You're not alone. I don't get the forum hype.

Joining in on the 'Crystal Ballroom is overrated'-sentiment. It sounds good, but the melody just isn't there I think.

Would be a shame if it took a slot from one of the other new songs (The Miracle I can live without, but that's not gonna happen)

Brand new to this site. Been a die-hard follower since 1985 of the band. There seems to be much debate about what the opening song could be. Think back to Popmart, nobody would have thought Mofo would open, much less every show. Also, 360 tour, nobody would have thought Breathe would open. Even Vertigo tour, everyone naturally thought Vertigo would open, then COBL took the slot.

If you think of an intermission being involved in this tour, this means that they really need 2 good openers, one for each set. I think Invisible would work best to open the 2nd set to get the crowd moving after the intermission. I know many hate it, but I really feel Cedarwood Road will be the opener. It's where Bono's life started, the band started, his songwriting, where he learned to play guitar, etc. it logically fits to be the song where the show starts. Then they could launch into something from Boy (Follow, Electric Co, Out of Control). Then it could progress with California, Desire, Volcano.

They are a band that likes to tell an entire story from beginning to end, with high points and low points in between for their setlist. They got away from this somewhat during the 360 tour and at times I think it suffered a bit.

The Crystal Ballroom falls into the Parcells theory for me...at the end of the day you are what your record says you are...its a B side, and deservedly so. Interesting song, and better than a couple album tracks, but not single material (that's crazy Interference talk) and as I stated before, I expect it to get played in at most 4 or 5 cities...predicting NYC, Boston, London, Dublin (if they actuallly play there) and maybe one other Eurocity.

Brand new to this site. Been a die-hard follower since 1985 of the band. There seems to be much debate about what the opening song could be. Think back to Popmart, nobody would have thought Mofo would open, much less every show. Also, 360 tour, nobody would have thought Breathe would open. Even Vertigo tour, everyone naturally thought Vertigo would open, then COBL took the slot.

If you think of an intermission being involved in this tour, this means that they really need 2 good openers, one for each set. I think Invisible would work best to open the 2nd set to get the crowd moving after the intermission. I know many hate it, but I really feel Cedarwood Road will be the opener. It's where Bono's life started, the band started, his songwriting, where he learned to play guitar, etc. it logically fits to be the song where the show starts. Then they could launch into something from Boy (Follow, Electric Co, Out of Control). Then it could progress with California, Desire, Volcano.

They are a band that likes to tell an entire story from beginning to end, with high points and low points in between for their setlist. They got away from this somewhat during the 360 tour and at times I think it suffered a bit.
Its Invisible.

I agree. I think Invisible will be the second half opener.

The Crystal Ballroom falls into the Parcells theory for me...at the end of the day you are what your record says you are...its a B side, and deservedly so. Interesting song, and better than a couple album tracks, but not single material (that's crazy Interference talk) and as I stated before, I expect it to get played in at most 4 or 5 cities...predicting NYC, Boston, London, Dublin (if they actuallly play there) and maybe one other Eurocity.

It's all about opinions it's as simple as that, some will like it others won't j

Another idea is what do they end the 1st set with to go into the intermission. This would probably be an older, mega live hit, slower song. I'm thinking last 3 of 1st set could be Beautiful Day, Song For Someone, and then end the set with BAD.

Normally I'd agree... but I think Crystal Ballroom not being on the album was more a result of the shift away from the Danger Mouse vibe to SONNNNGS SONGS SOOOOONGS than it was the quality of the track.

Normally I'd agree... but I think Crystal Ballroom not being on the album was more a result of the shift away from the Danger Mouse vibe to SONNNNGS SONGS SOOOOONGS than it was the quality of the track.

That probably played a part in things. I mean its better than The Miracle (of CJ Ramone) or Song For Someone (frankly the unfinished demo of Lucifer's Hands is better than those 2) so it could/should be on the album (as should Invisible) but I don't see it as big hit single material, and it sounds mostly like a quality B side to me, just this album has some glaring missteps so it could have replaced one of those. I think there's a niche of U2 die hards who love it, but I don't think the general public would receive it particularly well.

Another idea is what do they end the 1st set with to go into the intermission. This would probably be an older, mega live hit, slower song. I'm thinking last 3 of 1st set could be Beautiful Day, Song For Someone, and then end the set with BAD.

They've already stated how they plan on ending the first set.

Do we have an idea from the rehearsals of what song will lead into Streets? I could see Raised By Wolves fading in nicely to the intro of Streets. Kind of like how Please did on Popmart. I remember being at opening night of Popmart in Vegas and during Please about half the crowd was sitting down. I thought to myself, this will never work, but they stuck with it and by the middle of the tour that was a highlight of the show.

Maybe middle of the 2nd set: Until End of World, Bullet, One Step Closer, Raised By Wolves (piano could linger with Bono echoing "i don't believe anymore", then fade into the organ for Streets?

Angel of Harlem could potentially show up anywhere...at any time:hmm:

Acoustic guitar only, Larry gets a break, crowd sings outro...easy peezy !

AoH could be in a rotation with 3-4 other tunes...who knows? They are bringing back Desire...I wouldn't put it passed them.

>we don't want to be a novelty act, we want to put new stuff out there
>play Beautiful Day on Fallon
:der:
But I'm still excited to see the show. It's cool that they're doing the whole hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom