*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Rehearsals In Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I... Don't understand how it can be that loud and clear outside a closed off and sealed arena. Is this particular arena built out of Styrofoam?

Have you ever left an arena concert a few mins early to beat the traffic? I have done that a few times and once outside in the parking lot i can still hear everything loud and clear including the lead vocal. So if this person is filming only a few yards away from the doors then it's pretty believable. Either that, or it's a gigantic arena made of styrofoam.

Hmm unsure about those vertigo clips, you can hear Bono say turn it up loud captain which he has never done in any live performance or rehearsal has he?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I am 99% sure they will play Vertigo on this tour but I had the same thoughts, this sounds a lot like the studio version.

I think Bono's vocals in the California video are from the studio version. Wouldn't be surprised if it's just the crew in there.

These are studio versions, probably the crew getting lighting and effects synced up. The volcano clip is obvious, he's still enunciating 'vacation' as he launches into the 'oh'.

sharon-osbourne-ozzy-osbourne-vancouver-984x500.jpg

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/04/sharon-ozzy-osbourne-spotted-vancouver/

Sharon made up with u2 at the ema's. She said sorry for the things she said etc etc. they sent her and ozzy aload of stuff to their dressing room

Have you ever left an arena concert a few mins early to beat the traffic? I have done that a few times and once outside in the parking lot i can still hear everything loud and clear including the lead vocal. So if this person is filming only a few yards away from the doors then it's pretty believable. Either that, or it's a gigantic arena made of styrofoam.

No. Why on earth would I want to do that?

:corn: So the band are still nowhere near the stadium, they're just checking out the setup then. Imagine how much fun it'll be when they use live recordings for these things. It'd be impossible to convince the people hearing it that they're not actually hearing U2 live.

Didn't that happen last tour? I remember digging for which exact live version we were hearing and then have the poster going nuts at me for not believing U2 were already rehearsing live. :lol:

And then the bitching about the people who are bitching....bitching

well if you hadn't started bitching about the bitching, then i wouldn't have started bitching about the bitching about the bitching

ohhhhh fun times ahead in here i know it! :crack:

Yeah, it is not sounding like the band is actually on the premises yet. But these recordings help show what is on the table for the tour, not that anything recorded so far has been a surprise.

Those Vertigo ones sound like a live band playing with patched in studio vocals, which is something U2/the crew does frequently.

As I'm going to the 1st show, I'll try to never again enter this thread, just for the surprise factor.
Have a blast! :wave:

(If the info gets to me anyway, I'll guess I'll show up again :angry: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom