Phoenix #1 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm definitely surprised Ordinary Love has not been done yet. That was rehearsed frequently. I reckon we would've heard it already had WLCTT not come into contention.

I'm still stunned that One and ISHFWILF are rotating, even if the closing position isn't ideal for them. I've been advocating that for years! Well, OK, I advocated One/WOWY to rotate (and ISHFWILF/AIWIY) but the point is the same: two popular songs that can occupy similar spots in the set but have been played to death and don't need to be done every night when the band have such a deep catalogue and wide collection of hits.

I'm definitely surprised Ordinary Love has not been done yet.
I like OL, but I'm glad it hasn't shown up. It would be nice if it was the full band version and not the acoustic version that's been done for Fallon and the Oscars.

If/when they do RTSS, I hope it is not paired with Bullet. Literally every single one of its 345 live performances to date has been after Bullet. I'd like to hear it somewhere else in the set, especially if it's a creative pairing.

Granted it was a glorified snippet, but they (rather Bono and Edge) played a one-off acoustic version of RTSS in a very unique medley of Desire/Hawkmoon/RTSS one show during the European arena leg of the Elevation tour.

I like OL, but I'm glad it hasn't shown up. It would be nice if it was the full band version and not the acoustic version that's been done for Fallon and the Oscars.

With the quality of the bootlegs so far, all I am caring about is some variety. 3 priorities for every show - that the performance is amazing, that the setlist is interesting, that we get lots of different songs.

Yeah I'd be perfectly content if it doesn't show up. But no doubt if Bono gets this half-hour acoustic set he wants, it will be in there.

Granted it was a glorified snippet, but they (rather Bono and Edge) played a one-off acoustic version of RTSS in a very unique medley of Desire/Hawkmoon/RTSS one show during the European arena leg of the Elevation tour.

That was pretty cool. Hawkmoon, now there's a song that needs more live performances.

House lights off, stage lights on. 10-20 minutes until showtime.

CFqI-qnUkAAPkp1.jpg

https://twitter.com/ChadGibson79/status/601944276293980160/photo/1

One song I'm not really missing is New Year's Day. I've heard that at almost every show I've been to so it's kinda nice they've put it to bed for now. Of course, I probably jinxed it.
That's one of the few songs that I'm dying to hear live.

U2 Brasil
@u2br

FROM PHOENIX: U2 have no plan b for "i+e tour"s stage. At least not for a while. #U2ieTour #U2 #u2br
Looks like they're sticking with the stage for the rest of the tour, even for stadiums. Will be interesting to see how that works out.

One song I'm not really missing is New Year's Day. I've heard that at almost every show I've been to so it's kinda nice they've put it to bed for now. Of course, I probably jinxed it.

NYD is one of the warhorses I'm happy to have around, because it always sounds great even if Bono's voice is shot - the song's defining qualities are Adam's bass and Edge's double duty, so Bono can get away with forgetting half the lyrics if he wants.

I definitely want NYD in the set more than the likes of WOWY, Pride, One, or ISHFWILF (and I may have a well known dislike for One, but in its heyday WOWY was one of U2's best live songs!).

In the 10 shows I've seen, they have never played it. I'm hoping for it. I hope you just jinxed it. :wink:

Looks like they're sticking with the stage for the rest of the tour, even for stadiums. Will be interesting to see how that works out.

What do you mean even for stadiums? Surely this means no stadiums? No chance they can suspend that screen from every stadium

Back
Top Bottom