Opening Night Setlist Predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
18. Zooropa / Discotheque
19. EBTTRT
20. One

cringe worthy start to second act.
wouldn't complain if I never saw Vertigo again, either.

What's your opinion on Ground Beneath her Feat, Saxver?

cringe worthy start to second act.
wouldn't complain if I never saw Vertigo again, either.

How you can call anything involving Zooropa cringeworthy is beyond me.

Though I only put One in my predicted sets because it's always going to be there. I'd love it to take a rest. A permanent one.

What's your opinion on Ground Beneath her Feat, Saxver?

I love the studio version but the stripped down live performances on Elevation were nothing special. If they can do it live properly, capturing the studio version's magic, I'd be ecstatic. Could be cool on an arena tour.

01. The Miracle
02. Volcano
03. California
04. Every Breaking Wave
05. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
06. New Year's Day
07. This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
08. Raised By Wolves
09. Magnificent
10. Until The End Of The World
11. Elevation
12. Pride
13. Ordinary Love (acoustic)
14. Song For Someone (acoustic)
15. Get On Your Boots
16. Beautiful Day
17. Cedarwood Road
18. One
19. Where The Streets Have No Name

Encore 1:

20. Iris
21. Vertigo

Encore 2:

22. Invisible
23. With Or Without You
24. The Troubles

If they end with The Troubles, and can get Lykke Li for the show that'll be the featured DVD release, I wouldn't mind the penultimate song of the set to be I'm Not Your Baby. Having Lykke Li perform on both would be kind of special.

If they end with The Troubles, and can get Lykke Li for the show that'll be the featured DVD release, I wouldn't mind the penultimate song of the set to be I'm Not Your Baby. Having Lykke Li perform on both would be kind of special.

We can dream...

And your lack of a sense of humor, where did that go?

I haven't been on this board in a long time...glad to have a reason to be back and to bicker about fictional setlists.

As long as we're all in agreement that A Sort of Homecoming needs to have a sort of homecoming in a live setting, then we're good.

It was all an attempt to be silly, thats for sure.

I would love to hear ASOH :love:

Extended bass solo intro by Adam ala Larry on drums on the 360 tour
1. Volcano
2. The Miracle
3. Vertigo
4. Every Breaking Wave
5. Magnificent
6. California
7. Beautiful Day
8. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
9. One
10. Pride
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Bullet The Blue Sky
13. New Year's Day
14. Ordinary Love (acoustic)
15. Song For Someone (acoustic)
16. Iris
17. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Encore 1:

18. Even Better Than The real Thing
19. Invisible
20. Untill the End of The World

Encore 2:

21. I Will Follow
22. Where the Streets Have No Name
23. The Troubles

The Miracle

Invisible

Until The End Of The World

Vertigo

Every Breaking Wave

Iris

Magnificent

City Of Blinding Lights

Where The Streets Have No Name

Beautiful Day

New Years Day

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking

Sleep Like A Baby Tonight

Please

One

Raised By Wolves

Cedarwood Road

The Fly

Mysterious Ways

Moment Of Surrender

Mofo

Lemon (Lower Key Version)

With Or Without You

This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now

The Troubles

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I would love to see this:

Main stage:
The Miracle
This is where you can reach me now
Every breaking wave
California
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Pride (In The Name Of Love)

Small stage:
Song for someone or Iris (Hold me Close)
B-Side they promised
Drowning Man

Main stage:
Volcano
Until the end of the world
Mysterious Ways
The Fly
Raised by Wolves
Cedarwood Road
11 O'Clock tick tock
Bad or Moment of Surrender
Where The Streets Have No Name
With Or Without You

Encore:
Sleep like a baby tonight
One
The Troubles (full guitar solo):drool:

I would be thrilled with something like this.

1. Volcano
2. The Miracle
3. Vertigo
4. Discotheque
5. Even Better Than The Real Thing
6. Beautiful Day
7. Every Breaking Wave
8. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
9. All I Want Is You
10. Song For Someone
11. Iris
12. California
13. Ordinary Love
14. This Is Where You Need Me Now
15. Sunday Bloody Sunday
16. Please
17. Moment of Surrender

18. Where The Streets Have No Name
19. One
20. Mysterious Ways

21. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
22. With or Without You
23. Sleep Like A Baby Tonight

How you can call anything involving Zooropa cringeworthy is beyond me.

Though I only put One in my predicted sets because it's always going to be there. I'd love it to take a rest. A permanent one.

I love the studio version but the stripped down live performances on Elevation were nothing special. If they can do it live properly, capturing the studio version's magic, I'd be ecstatic. Could be cool on an arena tour.

I agree with every word in this post. Zooropa is amazing. One is Stairway to Heaven. It needs to be retired, but won't be. Electrical Storm is a great song and I'm really glad it got played live, but they didn't capture the magic.

One thing about opening with The Miracle: none of their previous openers started with vocals, correct? This has a whole group chant (with some rim tapping from Larry behind it), and I'm just not picturing that.

If the singing is pre-recorded, that's a bit awkward to me.

Possible we might hear a remixed version as intro music before the guitar comes in, much as they did with Elevation.

(with some rim tapping from Larry).

samantha-jones-1_zps1e682ae4.jpg

I wouldn't mind if they opened every show with 11 O'clock Tick Tock and closed every show with Bad.

Oh well, at least the latter is half a chance of happening again sometime.

I just think Zooropa could be better placed, than the first song of the second act.
And if they choose to play 25 song sets, it's going to be bad news.

If they do release another album in the spring before the tour...the opening song could come from that. Pride needs to go away...but probably won't. Mofo would be awesome

I wouldn't mind if they opened every show with 11 O'clock Tick Tock and closed every show with Bad.

Oh well, at least the latter is half a chance of happening again sometime.

Getting Bad in that final bonus encore in Pittsburgh was the highlight of the entire show! 11:00 tick tock is on my bucket list, and I think there's definitely a very slim chance they'll at least play it again, hopefully at a show I'm at.

I find it very hard to make setlists because there's 2 kinds of them; what I want them to play and what I think is a realistic setlist. I'd gladly throw out Pride for ANY OTHER SONG on the Unforgettable Fire, and I Will Follow for any other song on Boy. How about trading in Sunday Bloody Sunday and New Years Day for 2 hearts and Surrender? You want the Joshua Tree 3? How about; 1. Red Hill Mining Town, 2. Exit and 3. One Tree Hill!

I just tried making a realistic setlist, but found it too difficult. I just don't want to hear SBS, One, Streets, Pride or Beautiful Day again. I know I will, and that's okay, but I'm actually quite bored with those 5.

Getting Bad in that final bonus encore in Pittsburgh was the highlight of the entire show! 11:00 tick tock is on my bucket list, and I think there's definitely a very slim chance they'll at least play it again, hopefully at a show I'm at.

The last Vertigo show in Los Angeles ended with Bad, and Bono chanting Patti Smith's "People Have The Power" at the outré until the crowd joined along.

He also was yelling out stuff like "Los Angeles....city of imagination!" and stuff like that.

Probably the most transcendent live moment I've had with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8y83oFhlKM

right around 7:00 "People got the power/to dream/to rule/to wrestle the world from fools" and he's just off on a vibe. So good.

What is very clear in these comments is that some songs need to be cycled in and out of the shows. They have to play some of their classics but It would be nice to have some variety too. With that in mind I'd love it if they not play the following pairs on the same night. Ie; play one from each but not both

Ishfwilf or streets
One or wowy
Pride or uteotw
Bad or uf
The fly or mysterious ways
Bd or walk on

And for crying out loud play at least 3 of stay, or dirty day or lemon or the first time, or your blue room, or do you feel loved or wudm, or gone, their mid 90s output does not get enough love and would fit quite well with soi.

They should close with troubles and mos every night too

What is very clear in these comments is that some songs need to be cycled in and out of the shows. They have to play some of their classics but It would be nice to have some variety too. With that in mind I'd love it if they not play the following pairs on the same night. Ie; play one from each but not both

Ishfwilf or streets
One or wowy
Pride or uteotw
Bad or uf
The fly or mysterious ways
Bd or walk on

ISHFWILF is not swappable with Streets. No song is swappable with Streets. You can make the argument that any U2 song can be cycled out and its slot placed with a comparable song that covers the same emotional and sonic ground. But not Streets.

I agree about One/WOWY, and Fly/Mysterious Ways. And you don't need to worry about them playing TUF again, they probably won't, unfortunately (sigh).

ISHFWILF is not swappable with Streets. No song is swappable with Streets. You can make the argument that any U2 song can be cycled out and its slot placed with a comparable song that covers the same emotional and sonic ground. But not Streets.

I agree about One/WOWY, and Fly/Mysterious Ways. And you don't need to worry about them playing TUF again, they probably won't, unfortunately (sigh).

City Of Blinding Lights tried to capture what streets did, but it simply doesnt. Nothing can compare to streets, it's on a wholenother universe than any other song in the world. That song got me hooked on U2 and its still, and always will be, my favorite song of all time. It's not a U2 show without Streets, it just wouldn't be the same.

I find it very hard to make setlists because there's 2 kinds of them; what I want them to play and what I think is a realistic setlist. I'd gladly throw out Pride for ANY OTHER SONG on the Unforgettable Fire, and I Will Follow for any other song on Boy. How about trading in Sunday Bloody Sunday and New Years Day for 2 hearts and Surrender? You want the Joshua Tree 3? How about; 1. Red Hill Mining Town, 2. Exit and 3. One Tree Hill!

I just tried making a realistic setlist, but found it too difficult. I just don't want to hear SBS, One, Streets, Pride or Beautiful Day again. I know I will, and that's okay, but I'm actually quite bored with those 5.

I agree with basically every word of this. :up:

I have this dream that one day they'll do JT's suite of death. You want a dark, haunting segment for the end of the main set? Yeah, it's called One Tree Hill, Exit, Mothers of the Disappeared, leading into a massive climax with Bad.

Back
Top Bottom