NYC Setlist Party #4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is the common knowledge based on science or (offensive) stereotypes?
Someone in the Chicago? GA thread mentioned more body odor there too - GA lines in hot weather equals more sweating.

It has nothing to do with stereotypes but more with skin types. The mediterranean skin is used to more sun, it shows that the dominant haircolor in France is black and the eye color brown, evolutionary traits to benefit enduring more sun. But in warm countries, you need to be able to sweat more in order to keep your body on temperature. There have been researches about this and it shows that the armpits of mediterranean people have more sweat follicles or whatever they're called, so they sweat more. More sweat increases chance of body odor.

I really, REALLY do not understand how you'd get to stereotypes from here. :huh:

It has nothing to do with stereotypes but more with skin types. The mediterranean skin is used to more sun, it shows that the dominant haircolor in France is black and the eye color brown, evolutionary traits to benefit enduring more sun. But in warm countries, you need to be able to sweat more in order to keep your body on temperature. There have been researches about this and it shows that the armpits of mediterranean people have more sweat follicles or whatever they're called, so they sweat more. More sweat increases chance of body odor.

I really, REALLY do not understand how you'd get to stereotypes from here. :huh:

Well I'm sure a lot of people of southern European ancestry would be surprised (and offended) to know they have more body odor, because it's false. Don't post that in u2place etc.

Alls I know is my wife was blaming me for smelling (stinking?) and despite my sweat-coated forehead and back, I'm sure I emanated freshness like everyone else jumping around like mad. :wink:

Considering how many smelly people I encounter on a regular basis, it's pretty dumb to assume the people you are smelling are not from the US.

Speak English and put on some deodorant, friggin' Cobbler.

Merica!

Sone guy in the rafters smelled like he took a dump in his pants, but I think he was from Statan Island.

Maybe the BO smell was the hotdogs? Very stinky

Last edited:
Considering how many smelly people I encounter on a regular basis, it's pretty dumb to assume the people you are smelling are not from the US.

After being on a few of the subways in this country, I can say that it might be accurate that Americans smell too.

Wait, am I stereotyping there?

Nobody stinks at a U2 show, that's why everybody stinks at a U2 show.

Sat next to a gal with pungent armpits at Saturday's show - yes, it was hot as hell out but it wasn't GA for crissakes. (She was American, btw)

Yeah, I am amazed at all the fans coming up for the shows from Latin America! Would have thought they'd have been a bit more spread out over the N. American leg but I guess the # of shows and flights coming into NY drove them to come here. :) Bono seems to be favoring Latina/os a lot for e-stage antics in NYC, even the Brooklyn gal appeared to be Latina and he seemed a bit surprised that the Iranian gal wasn't Latina. :wink: If I wasn't so, ahem, "age-appropriate" for him :wink:, I would think I'd have a chance next week. :D

I for one can't wait to discuss durian recipes in the GA line.

I was joking! And tired. I was playing off post above it. Sorry. I know it's really the new jersey smell...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

We don't smell bad because we don't spend two days in lines with fuckwits. Intent on ruining it for everyone else.

Hahaha I never consider that...it's almost worth turning up late so you don't have to spend hours next to someone who slept on the street....

Since where all about the stench right now: Deodorant or Fragnances often gets tossed away when entering venue. Tad bit annoying if your not a local. And living out of the backpack. But at least pucker yourself up before you go in then. :lol:

Just literally shit myself, but being European I am not even going to wash!!! It's how we roll

Hes-Gary-Oak.png

This fucking thread. Holy shit. People from Europe are smelly, and New York chicks are hot. Unless they are from Europe. Then, they smell.

Everyone here uses initials for songs like like they NASA and easily recognizable. Can we stop this? It took me 10 min to figure out someone was taking about WHEN LOVE COMES TO TOWN because WLCTT did not ring a bell.

(Responses include "Fuck you, happy now?" )

I really want to get tix in the 100s for the last night. Should I say f the rude and smelly people and pull the trigger? I mean I could possibly get Gloria, 40 and a SOE song yes?

Everyone here uses initials for songs like like they NASA and easily recognizable. Can we stop this? It took me 10 min to figure out someone was taking about WHEN LOVE COMES TO TOWN because WLCTT did not ring a bell.

(Responses include "Fuck you, happy now?" )

What's your favourite b-side out of HHSC, RAT, ADIHFABOMK/1, and AYGWF?

Back
Top Bottom