NYC Setlist Party #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't hear their names mentioned at all. But Bono has always made friends with the other side of the aisle and that's how he's smarter than the average bear. He's not voting for anyone. He's trying to help the world. And sometimes you can get people to do good things who you may not love. Do you think Obama wants to talk to these jerks either? But he has to. Our leaders have to shake hands with known dictators and scum of the earth... it's all part of the game. And Bono is playing it. I don't think he's going on vacation with them anytime soon.

But please don't put Christie with the other guy. He's just a fat arrogant jerk like most people from NJ (wink) but he's way above most of the people running on that side. He was also at t he Howard Stern party a year ago or so to introduce Bon Jovi...

Bono talks all the time about how he's talking to people the band wishes he wasn't. I remember being at a show and him talking about so and so senator being there -- some old racist mofo... but he was helping him get aids money legisation through congress.

Bono works the system to help the people. I respect him for being above the easy "that guy is stupid" approach to America that most people have. He's Irish and he sees that there are bigger issues at stake than what we fight about on talk radio. Human lives dying for the dumbest reasons in the world -- the good people not doing enough to help.

Sure I wish American politics was more like The West Wing, but it's not. Still did you look up and see we have our first black president and hopefully soon our first woman (or I'd take my Jewish grandfather Bernie too).

Either way, I didn't hear their names. I guess my ear plugs filtered them out.

Very well said.

Basically, my Smashed Rock Star flowchart goes:

1) Did rockstar throw a tv out of a hotel window or otherwise trash a hotel room?

2) Did rockstar violate a woman with a fish?

3) Then STFU

Maybe I just have really low standards for behaviour. :wink:

OMG :lol: VP! :lol:

yeah, yeah VERY late to this Set list Pahhhhteee and still on page 15 But...

the day after a second cousin flew into NYC FIRST Time maybe The USA too
for 3 days

ANd I have NO Working computer at home right nao :sad: SOooo...

Been seeing U2 since 1983 and this was a fucking GREAT Show

But then again, MAYBE I have LoW Standards for Live Rock shows :p

Last edited:
I thought it was great to have Fallon do a good cover of Desire with Bono as opposed to a fan singing it. Also with their finger injuries it was fun. And they have a history, yada yada... anyway -- lighten up kids. I much prefer to see someone with talent join U2 on stage than see some nobody get on stage with them. Sure I don't think they need to bring anyone on stage, but if they are going that way -- in NYC -- please bring some famous people up there.

Maybe Trump will get on stage tomorrow.

jimmy & B were fun

and VERY Cool to have the roots there! :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom