Montreal #2 Setlist and Burrito Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I´m very happy they included Ordinary Love into the setlist, but it is upsetting how the band performing it. Except Bono. He saves it. He puts an enormous effort into it and does a very good job in his very difficult part. I don´t get why Edge doesn´t join him in chorus, it would sound much better. Back in the early days Edge supported Bono more in backing vocals and it worked pretty well. Also Adam and Larry hold back and play just in a very restrained way. I hope they will work on it in the future, but I´m afraid it will follow Every breaking Wav/Ground Beneath Her Feet route...
It never stops upsetting me when U2 insists so much on playing in acoustic mode when their biggest advantage is in sonic uniquness.
The Edge sings during the chorus.

https://youtu.be/vSUBITvIUTE

https://youtu.be/BaeAoYSHTDw

I like OL when they were doing talk shows but I don't think it works the way they are doing it now. The two rotating e stage songs should go to high energy tunes, especially because EBW follows.

I should have clarified - the crew member said Crystal Ballroom was rehearsed yesterday.

And yes Axver, I just saw your tweet from last night and yes, Bono was referring to Crystal Ballroom about playing it soon.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

I actually can't even remember how it goes. Hopefully it's good.

I actually find the concept really fucking strange and mildly creepy, but the music's good and I just want to see more songs get a run. Preferably rotating with some of the current fixtures, rather than having 19 songs set in stone and 22 more fighting for 4-5 spots.

I'm super bummed there's no show tonight. I wanted to tell you all about another failed attempt at trying new restaurants.

The shrimp tacos were so spicy I almost cried. :(

I actually find the concept really fucking strange and mildly creepy, but the music's good and I just want to see more songs get a run. Preferably rotating with some of the current fixtures, rather than having 19 songs set in stone and 22 more fighting for 4-5 spots.

Amen. They completely fucking sissied out on playing two different shows like they said they would. What could they have possibly been afraid of?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Maybe that's why Bono can't sing more than 25 songs maximum each night - the vocal parasites won't let him.

Learning "too many" songs.

no, they rehearsed 50 and have already played 39 different songs. Plenty of room for 2 totally different setlist. They were just afraid people would buy a ticket for the "wrong" night, which is crazy!

Agree also that it is a shame they play 19 same songs every night and 20 songs are rotating for the remaining 4-5 spots.... :angry:

No..? All Because of You is a terrible song. COBL is a great song that can stay in the set. Always good. Cool visuals too. If they were to replace it with something, there are probably 100 songs that would be better choices than ABOY.

It was just an opinion - if somebody likes the song, I don't see how it can be in any way appropriate to mock them mercilessly.

I think we've all got skins a bit thicker than that.

What if someone said their favourite band was Nickelback? Would we just let them get away with that? God no.

no, they rehearsed 50 and have already played 39 different songs. Plenty of room for 2 totally different setlist. They were just afraid people would buy a ticket for the "wrong" night, which is crazy!

Agree also that it is a shame they play 19 same songs every night and 20 songs are rotating for the remaining 4-5 spots.... :angry:

I think it is fair to say many of casual people who attend the concert would be upset if U2 announced at the beginning of the concert that tonight is the alternative show.

Just do streets, wowy, beautiful day and vertigo every night, and then the other 20 songs can be a rotation of greatest hits, new stuff and back catalog. Casuals and diehards both win, band is less bored.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think it is fair to say many of casual people who attend the concert would be upset if U2 announced at the beginning of the concert that tonight is the alternative show.

There wouldn't have to be an "alternate show". They have a large enough pool of hits to keep casual fans happy both nights. They could even repeat 5-6 songs over the two nights if they were so worried about that.

Anyway, even with what they're doing now, I'm sure there would have been loads of casual fans upset at not being able to hear One at their show.

Back
Top Bottom