LA #3 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's another reason they are playing Stuck than trying to please fans or not. It's striking a particular chord with the band right now.

The Forum - Los Angeles, CA - May 30, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - The Electric Co. / Send in the Clowns (snippet) / I Can See for Miles (snippet) / Give It Away (snippet)
03 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / Young Americans (snippet)
14 - Elevation
15 - Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - Bullet the Blue Sky / 19 (snippet)
18 - The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In the Name of Love)
19 - Beautiful Day / I Remember You (snippet)
20 - With or Without You
---------- Stephen Hawking Video ----------
21 - City of Blinding Lights
22 - Mother and Child Reunion (snippet) / Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) [snippet]
23 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

There's another reason they are playing Stuck than trying to please fans or not. It's striking a particular chord with the band right now.

Big reason I relate to the song. I love Miracle Drug because I was going through chemo during the time and it took on a whole new meaning for me.

So age, location, personality... it all affects it.

I'm a writer, so I love lyrics. I love Bono's lyrics to many of this songs. So I think some people are more for the music and don't care about the lyrics, some like both... point is, it totally affects how you feel about one song or the other.

I love ATYCLB... it's my 3rd favorite record and that tour was amazing. I was not impressed with Pop or their last record and so I'm not unhappy they aren't revisiting those. BUT each to their own. There will never be a perfect set list for us all.

As for playing Stuck in concert I love it... all their song can't be rock in roll fast songs when they play. You've got to have a little bit of slow too.

I don't drink. But I pee a lot. And I run to the bathroom probably during YOUR favorite song. Whatever is it. I want to hear more POP too.

Are we still good with Joshua Tree songs? I really figured Vertigo would take more of a hit.

I learned to tonight that Clayton'sKitten has claws.
Honestly in my opinion ISHFWILF and WOWO could benefit from a tour long break. It's cool Bullet is back and Streets is an icon among all time live songs so it's never going anywhere, nor should it.

As far as Joshua Tree songs go they should really bring back a pumped up In God's Country(not what they did in San Jose) and they should also bring back a fired up version of Exit. That's my opinion.

Vertigo is not going anywhere as it's arguably their biggest hit the last 15 years. Same reason Beautiful Day will never leave the setlist. In all honesty those two songs probably shouldn't leave the setlist. They are two very big reasons why an entire new generation of fans like U2. Plus Vertigo fits seemlessly in with the songs from 35 years ago so........

Would you attend a show on Yom Kippur, or pull a Koufax?

REFORM jew which means we do the jokes and eat the food. Cultural.

Which makes it even funnier that my favorite band is U2. At least jesus was a Jew too so it all works out.

Big reason I relate to the song. I love Miracle Drug because I was going through chemo during the time and it took on a whole new meaning for me.

I'm a writer, so I love lyrics. I love Bono's lyrics to many of this songs. So I think some people are more for the music and don't care about the lyrics, some like both... point is, it totally affects how you feel about one song or the other.

I can totally relate to you! I was having cancer treatment when Stuck In a Moment and Walk On came out. Those songs and that whole record got me through some rough times. I would listen to it on my way to treatments and it really gave me some hope. Hope you are okay now. It's been 14 years cancer free for me!

even though they played elevation and stuck and i will follow and closed with i still haven't found, i still wish i was there tonight

The music on MD just sits there, no matter how much the band or you think the lyrics are good. It didn't even last thru the European tour in 2005.

"I'm burning inside her."

I know this is a common lyric in this song, but Bono, you might want to get that checked out.

I am so sleep deprived that I am cracking up right now.

Seriously. LA = endurance test for EST. 2 shows, then the Roxy, and then last night was a Tonight Show rerun of the U2 episode. I haven't had a full night's sleep in almost a week! :crack: I might as well just tour with the dang band already! :lol:

I love lyrics. My entire career revolves around writing. Some songs/lines on the last four albums may resonate with me for personal reasons, but I also think Bono has written barely a single decent lyric since Pop.

Oh dear, they're still playing 'Same Love' over the PA. :doh:

The Forum - Los Angeles, CA - May 30, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - The Electric Co. / Send in the Clowns (snippet) / I Can See for Miles (snippet) / Give It Away (snippet)
03 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / Young Americans (snippet)
14 - Elevation
15 - Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - Bullet the Blue Sky / 19 (snippet)
18 - The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In the Name of Love)
19 - Beautiful Day / I Remember You (snippet)
20 - With or Without You
---------- Stephen Hawking Video ----------
21 - City of Blinding Lights
22 - Mother and Child Reunion (snippet) / Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) [snippet]
23 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

As for playing Stuck in concert I love it... all their song can't be rock in roll fast songs when they play. You've got to have a little bit of slow too.
Yes but you don't need to pay the same slow songs over and over and over again.

Kite
IGWSHA(even though I just had issue if they did that)
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
White as Snow
Trying To Throw Your Arms Around the World
So Cruel
All I Want is You

And I know nobody knows it but they could even try playing Smile. That would be great and easy for them to do.

They could do so much and yet they drag that song and In a Little While out constantly.

Honestly in my opinion ISHFWILF and WOWO could benefit from a tour long break. It's cool Bullet is back and Streets is an icon among all time live songs so it's never going anywhere, nor should it.

As far as Joshua Tree songs go they should really bring back a pumped up In God's Country(not what they did in San Jose) and they should also bring back a fired up version of Exit. That's my opinion.

Vertigo is not going anywhere as it's arguably their biggest hit the last 15 years. Same reason Beautiful Day will never leave the setlist. In all honesty those two songs probably shouldn't leave the setlist. They are two very big reasons why an entire new generation of fans like U2. Plus Vertigo fits seemlessly in with the songs from 35 years ago so........

All fine points. See BULLET is the song I would take out... when I first heard it live I was so excited... but I realized it was one of those hits song that I think I was forcing myself to love... for Bruce fans he has a few top songs I just don't love....it's a great song. It's just not my favorite.

I love Vertigo and BD. I'm less excited to hear BD because it's been played everywhere... they have 1 or 2 songs to do, that shows up. Now, I wouldn't lose it in set lists because the fans that see them 1 time want to hear it...

But I'm never upset to hear any of these songs live because that means I'm at a U2 show.

I love lyrics. My entire career revolves around writing. Some songs/lines on the last four albums may resonate with me for personal reasons, but I also think Bono has written barely a single decent lyric since Pop.

and Pop has some of their best lyrics.

tonight is definitely the worst show of tour. aside from Electric Co, it's essentially a 360 setlist but with SOI songs replacing NLOTH songs.

Back
Top Bottom