June 25, 2015 - Chicago, IL - United Center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got in the queue at 9:30 and waited. Tried getting tickets for an hour after they went on sale. Couldn't even get nosebleeds before they were bought and being resold for $200+.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I got in the queue at 9:30 and waited. Tried getting tickets for an hour after they went on sale. Couldn't even get nosebleeds before they were bought and being resold for $200+.

Bought mine old school by going to an outlet. I'm from Ohio and had no trouble whatsoever. :up:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

A couple buddies and I will be there! GA! Can't wait!

I contacted the UC and they didn't respond with any info about GA line start times. Or if they will do numbered wristbands like some venues are doing. Knowing the UC they won't be that helpful.

If you are driving, the UC did tell me that their official parking lots open 2 hours before the ticketed event time. Sounds like if you want to guarantee you are at the GA rail might have to find a lot that opens much earlier.

I live in Chicagoland and the only private lots I know of open at about the same time. Besides rare street parking, does anyone know of lots to park that open earlier?

I would appreciate info too from any locals- we are staying about 10 min away.

I just called the United Center asking about wristbands for GA and they said that information would be released approximately 2 days before the concert dates.Will check again next week, :up:

Looking forward to this show, and for a getaway weekend with the hubby. A few questions for any Chicago locals or anyone who knows the area:
1. Looking for recommendations for restaurants. We're staying in the downtown area and would be interested in date-type places. Already have a res. at Catch 35.
2. Looking for recommendations for things to do. My knowledge of Chicago is pretty much represented by Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I know about Navy Pier, The art museum, and Millennium Park- what else is a must-see?
3. Any fan gatherings before/after the show? We're not the party people we used to be, but would love to have a few drinks and laughs with fellow U2-ers. We're also attending the 6/28 show.
Thanks! :wave:

I'll be at this show and the night before! 48 hours and counting.

Looking forward to this show, and for a getaway weekend with the hubby. A few questions for any Chicago locals or anyone who knows the area:
1. Looking for recommendations for restaurants. We're staying in the downtown area and would be interested in date-type places. Already have a res. at Catch 35.
2. Looking for recommendations for things to do. My knowledge of Chicago is pretty much represented by Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I know about Navy Pier, The art museum, and Millennium Park- what else is a must-see?
3. Any fan gatherings before/after the show? We're not the party people we used to be, but would love to have a few drinks and laughs with fellow U2-ers. We're also attending the 6/28 show.

Go to the Celtic Crossings pub. Best Guinness in town. Had an amazing U2 gathering there with some friends old and new in 2011 - great little pub :)

Hey everyone. If you haven't seen, the United Center just posted more details on GA and early parking. Here is the info.

GENERAL ADMISSION:

Overnight camping and tailgating are not permitted.
On the day of their show, guests can start lining up at 6 a.m. outside of Gate 5 (Honore St.).
*Due to construction, please access the General Admission line via Wood St. or Adams St.
Starting at 6 a.m., parking will be open in Lot K (on Adams Street) for $29. Cash only.
*Once parked in Lot K, no in- and -out privileges are available. If you leave the parking lot, you will have have to pay for parking upon returning.
No wristbands will be handed out for those waiting in line. It is up to the guests to keep their position while waiting.
*Saving spots for late arriving guests is strictly prohibited.
Food and beverage will not be available.
For your convenience, portable toilets will be available on site.

VENUE DETAILS:

Doors open at 6 p.m.
Small digital cameras are permitted.
*No professional cameras, professional recording devices or video. Policy is subject to change.
No outside food or beverage is allowed inside the arena.
No chairs, coolers, tents, etc. will be permitted inside.

U2 - June 24 - July 2, 2015 | United Center

Ha! I'm not there yet, probably can't get there around 4 or so... hopefully I can still get a decent spot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using U2 Interference mobile app

In GA line; we're 40, 41, and 42.

Come say hey, I'm in my Mrs Clayton hat. ;)

Saw your post from last night just now... I'm actually back at work today, sadly, although I am back in town on Monday for GA again during the Chicago 4 show. We'll have to get the proper hello in next time though!

Hope you and the family have a blast tonight too. I was #49 yesterday and there really isn't a bad spot at all no matter what place you choose. Just make sure you get the North/right side so you're on Adam's, no matter what. ;)

Enjoy the show!

Does anyone know if there are separate lines @ the United Center for GA vs. those w/ reserved seats?

There shouldn't be any lines for reserved seats. Just go whenever the doors open and go to whatever gate is noted on your ticket.

Great - thanks! I've gone to a couple concerts there before where they made the reserved ticket holders stand in the GA line to get in the doors. :down:

There is a fan meet up and U2 cover band playing Saturday night at the Hard Rock Café on Ontario (not to be confused with the Hard Rock Hotel on Michigan) :wave:

Back
Top Bottom