July 10, 2015 - Boston, MA - TD Garden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This was posted by Saint1322 on @u2 - he/she contacted TD Garden re: GA policy and received this reply:

"Our policy for GA is giving wristbands in the morning and then returning at an assigned time to line up according to the number on the wristbands. At some point, in the morning or when lining up, they will use a random number, so no need for lining to be here early. We are in a train station and surrounded by government buildings, which does not allow for 'camping out'.You can check back closer to the concert for exact times and to make sure the procedure will be the same. Enjoy the show."

Which begs the question do all members of a party have to get wristbanded at the same time in the morning. (Like do I have to arrange to meet my friend at 9AM and have us get wrist bands #69 and #70 so we can then enter together in the evening?)

This was posted by Saint1322 on @u2 - he/she contacted TD Garden re: GA policy and received this reply:

"Our policy for GA is giving wristbands in the morning and then returning at an assigned time to line up according to the number on the wristbands. At some point, in the morning or when lining up, they will use a random number, so no need for lining to be here early. We are in a train station and surrounded by government buildings, which does not allow for 'camping out'.You can check back closer to the concert for exact times and to make sure the procedure will be the same. Enjoy the show."

Interesting... they have done the wristband thing for shows at the Garden for while now, even during the Vertigo tour, but I do not recall them ever using a random number. In the past, people would line up/camp out by the federal building next door until the morning when arena staff would come out and wrist band everyone in the order they were lined up and that number was honored later on when everyone was told to return.

Which end is which?

Okay, so now that the shows are underway, can someone please clear up the Garden seating chart for me? As looking at it on TM, the RZ is shown on the left, which would be adjacent to the main 'i' stage is (loge 4-9). The round 'e' stage should be on the right (loge 15-20). This arrangement is the opposite of what I thought when I bought tickets, since I understood the RZ would be near the 'e' stage.

I'm not complaining (there's more than enough of that on here), but I have one more show to buy tix for (Boston2), and want to confirm which end is which.

Thanks!

No, the main "I" stage will be at the 15-20 end where the main stage always is.
Red Zone is not where it shows on the Ticketmaster maps, they apparently moved it at some point during the process. Red Zone will be in front of loges 13-14 and across part of the main stage on Edge's side and in front of loges 21-22 and across a chunk of the front of main stage on Adam's side. The "e" stage will be at the other end in front of loge 7 essentially.

Basically don't believe where TM shows Red Zone, it is innacurate.

No, the main "I" stage will be at the 15-20 end where the main stage always is.
Red Zone is not where it shows on the Ticketmaster maps, they apparently moved it at some point during the process. Red Zone will be in front of loges 13-14 and across part of the main stage on Edge's side and in front of loges 21-22 and across a chunk of the front of main stage on Adam's side. The "e" stage will be at the other end in front of loge 7 essentially.

Basically don't believe where TM shows Red Zone, it is innacurate.

Thanks, Hewson. That's the layout I originally envisioned (and ticket pricing supported), but this whole RZ confusion had me wondering. I have GAs for Boston1, and Balconies for 3 and 4. Hoping for a drop, and want to be ready to move quickly if/when that happens.

I'm so relieved to hear that GA seating is all good seating. Recent articles are saying that early lineup isn't really necessary at all, as all the floor spots are so good and the crowd circulates so much. That means I can use the day of Boston 2 for exploring the city!

Mrs.YBOR and I will be in the city for both shows and possibly some coworkers also! :hyper:

Prime Seats Now on TM

[Cross posting from the TICKETS DROPS thread....]

Hadn't noticed these before, but TM now has "Official Platinum Seats" available for Boston1. These look like the VIP Party and VIP Fan tickets, and have been marked down slightly (VIP Party in Loge8 now $220, and VIP Fan in Loge13 now $495), since they no longer include the pre-show party or swag.

The Joshua tree is paying at the Harp after every show. Right across the street from the garden

Is the TD Garden going to give wristbands at 9 ish and have everyone go back at 5 ish to line up? My son (14, and his first concert) and I have GA's. Flying in from Texas for him to experience his first concert the right way!

Nevermind, just read through the thread (as I should have). So, TD Garden will be random! Interesting.

For Boston 1, this coming Friday night, I have 2 tickets -- 1 GA and 1 Loge 12 seat in row 12. I need to part with one of them. It's obviously easier to part with the Loge seat, but I'm willing to coordinate a handoff if someone is desperate for a GA. I can't decide if I want the GA experience or the seated experience. Maybe someone will help make that decision for me.

I guess I was really asking if anyone on here knows - or IS - the cow. :)

I know his name is Lou, he also works (or used to work) as a DJ. I don't know him personally though have spoken to him before, once when he was selling posters outside after one of the U2 Elevation shows in Providence.

I have seen him on stage twice. Rob Zombie brought him up to dance on stage during "Living Dead Girl" at Ozzfest back around 2002 or so and Pearl Jam had him on stage during Rockin' in the Free World in 2008...
gotmilk.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQS6zvCk0Lc

Last edited:
Boston 1

Are you going to Boston? I have GA but I'm on my own. I might be wandering the crowds aimlessly which is a bit sad.

Yes! I am heading up on Thursday with a friend. I have GA for the 11th but still searching for the 10th. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
For Boston 1, this coming Friday night, I have 2 tickets -- 1 GA and 1 Loge 12 seat in row 12. I need to part with one of them. It's obviously easier to part with the Loge seat, but I'm willing to coordinate a handoff if someone is desperate for a GA. I can't decide if I want the GA experience or the seated experience. Maybe someone will help make that decision for me.

i'm not comfortable with the GA thing, so I am going to take my GA ticket.

if anyone wants the excellent seat, i'm willing to sell at face value. please PM me.

Back
Top Bottom