Denver #2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If anybody ever feels like going through UTEOTW recordings and figure out what Bono's quoting, I will be very appreciative and add them to U2gigs.

So, The Wanderer. Now that I've seen the show in its live glory, this was my favorite use of the screen. It's so much cooler than you can imagine. I'm so excited for everyone who hasn't seen the show live yet to see it.

I just wish there was a real intermission first, where they put the lights up. People don't realize this is an intermission, and the lights stay down. So I'd hardly even call it an intermission.

I think they could turn what has been a fairly uninspiring song selection for the main set into something quite interesting night 1 to 2 - and retain the body of the story arc for the first half:

Night 1:
1. Miracle
2. Electric Co
3. Vertigo
4. 11 O'Clock, Tick Tock
5. California
6. I Will Follow
7. Iris
8. Cedarwood Road
9. SFS
10. SBS
11. Raised by Wolves
12. UTEOTW

Intermission

13. Invisible
14. EBTTRT
15. M Ways
16. Reach Me Now
17. TGBHF
18. EBW
19. Bullet
20. Pride
21. The Troubles
22. WOWY

23. COBL
24. WTSHNN
25. Beautiful Day
26. Bad

Night 2:
1. Miracle
2. Out of Control
3. Elevation
4. New Year's Day
5. Volcano
6. I Will Follow
7. Iris
8. Cedarwood Road
9. SFS
10. SBS
11. Raised by Wolves
12. UTEOTW

Intermission

13. Invisible
14. Discotheque
15. The Crystal Ballroom
16. SLABT
17. WLCTT
18. EBW
19. Bullet
20. Running to Stand Still
21. Beautiful Day
22. WOWY

23. Miracle Drug
24. WTSHNN
25. All I Want Is You
26. One

It would then leave about 30-40 songs to rotate through spots 2, 3, 4, 5, 14, 15, 16, 17 for nights 3, 4, 5 etc in large cities.

That would be a bad call. The crowd goes wild when they hear Mysterious Ways.

Songs the crowd went crazy for in LA: Mysterious Ways, Vertigo, One, Streets, With Or Without You, and the biggest crowd pleaser, Pride. (Sorry, Interference!)

MW will stay no matter what. They're using it to set up meerkat and get everyone pumped up for the "surprise" slot of the night.

So, The Wanderer. Now that I've seen the show in its live glory, this was my favorite use of the screen. It's so much cooler than you can imagine. I'm so excited for everyone who hasn't seen the show live yet to see it.

I just wish there was a real intermission first, where they put the lights up. People don't realize this is an intermission, and the lights stay down. So I'd hardly even call it an intermission.

Agreed. After seeing it live, it's as much a part of the show as any of the songs they actually play. Probably the most memorable intermission ever :laugh:

How do they not fill the same role? Elevation and Vertigo are practically interchangeable for the role of "dumb-but-fun high energy 2000s rocker that everybody recognises".

But yeah, Vertigo is the one that should stick around out of all three.
they don't fill the same roll because it would be like saying In God's Country fills the same roll as Pride. One is a massive crowd favourite to sing along to and the other is just a song to the casuals. You only have to be at a U2 show to know that Elevation and Volcano will never fill the role of Vertigo. Elevation is closer because of it's recognizability but it is not on Vertigo's level. It would be lame if Vertigo was replaced with Elevation because it simply can't fill that role. Regardless of what people may think of Vertigo if it was left out it would leave a massive hole in the setlist in my opinion.

Pepsi Center - Denver, CO - June 7, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control
03 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible

they don't fill the same roll because it would be like saying In God's Country fills the same roll as Pride. One is a massive crowd favourite to sing along to and the other is just a song to the casuals. You only have to be at a U2 show to know that Elevation and Volcano will never fill the role of Vertigo. Elevation is closer because of it's recognizability but it is not on Vertigo's level. It would be lame if Vertigo was replaced with Elevation because it simply can't fill that role. Regardless of what people may think of Vertigo if it was left out it would leave a massive hole in the setlist in my opinion.

Obviously I agree with you in broad terms about Volcano, and it only really fills the rocker role in the sense that it's a new song so has a better-than-usual chance of knocking out a standard, but I don't agree re: Elevation at all. That song is massive, one of U2's best known songs of the past twenty years, and gets a reaction on the level of Vertigo. They could easily rotate the two.

Pepsi Center - Denver, CO - June 7, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control
03 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing

Elevation, Boots, Volcano, Vertigo, etc are all fun rockers. They're not deep lyrically and all serve the same role in the set.
Comparing In God's Country and Pride is ridiculous. In God's Country would be more comparable with the likes of Desire. They're both filling the roles of representing their era and are fairly similar songs sonically and lyrically.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I remain adamant that EBTTRT and MW should rotate, both to free up a slot and add a rotation. Then we could have four rotational slots in a row rather than two static slots and just two rotations.

Back
Top Bottom