Denver #2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Popmart Miami/Bullet/Please/Streets is peak U2 along with the ZooTV set ending. Miami was really fucking good live, that may be an unpopular opinion but it ripped and the transition into Bullet was amazing, much better than the "oh, next song" one from SBS to Bullet late in the tour.

Miami definitely came good live and the segue into Bullet was quality.

Shame the end of Bullet was a bit drawn-out and flat some shows, but it didn't matter too much because soon you were into the awesomeness of Please.

I was halfway between the two stages and it was a highlight of the night. The entire song is perfect.

Plus, it's the only thing separating me from hearing The Hands That Built America's transition into Pride. :crack:

I was catwalk closer to E stage the first 3 nights, and then the last two nights I was pretty much at E stage. And I was repeatedly looking at my watch. When you can only hear it all but really can't see it, it just feels dull.

Ha! On the iPad your avatar was the :huh: face like bvs, and I was like hum what?? Everyone else seemed fine, but then claytons kitten looked different, so I refreshed at its back to cricket! Weirded me out though!

That's very weird! Maybe your iPad was interpreting my reaction to Ordinary Love.

Grant Elliott will probably remain my avatar for quite some time. What a fucking great night that was.

Miami definitely came good live and the segue into Bullet was quality.

Shame the end of Bullet was a bit drawn-out and flat some shows, but it didn't matter too much because soon you were into the awesomeness of Please.

definitely. I liked the funk version, was a nice counter to the angriness (when the song is at its best) on ZooTV and then again on Elevation.

the weirdest era for Bullet was the Mark Chapman one on the first leg of Elevation. I mean Vertigo was the worst, but that was a weird concept

The only thing I'd change about Bullet is for Edge to get a bit more involved on the catwalk. He was pretty stationary at the two shows I went to and it was mildly disappointing that he wasn't out in the crowd like he was for Mysterious Ways. Would have been fucking insane.

I was catwalk closer to E stage the first 3 nights, and then the last two nights I was pretty much at E stage. And I was repeatedly looking at my watch. When you can only hear it all but really can't see it, it just feels dull.

Where would you recommend standing? GA CHI 1 and 2 are coming up!

definitely. I liked the funk version, was a nice counter to the angriness (when the song is at its best) on ZooTV and then again on Elevation.

the weirdest era for Bullet was the Mark Chapman one on the first leg of Elevation. I mean Vertigo was the worst, but that was a weird concept

I like the Mark Chapman version actually - some of those Elevation performances are fucking intense. But I doubt anything will ever top its ZooTV version. Highlight of that whole tour.

The only thing I'd change about Bullet is for Edge to get a bit more involved on the catwalk. He was pretty stationary at the two shows I went to and it was mildly disappointing that he wasn't out in the crowd like he was for Mysterious Ways. Would have been fucking insane.

Edge is so calculated and focused during shows that it's probably too much to ask of him. That's why I find Adam's side is always more fun.

Pepsi Center - Denver, CO - June 7, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control
03 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / Young Americans (snippet)
14 - Volcano
15 - Ordinary Love
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - Bullet the Blue Sky
18 - The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In the Name of Love)
19 - Beautiful Day

I like the Mark Chapman version actually - some of those Elevation performances are fucking intense. But I doubt anything will ever top its ZooTV version. Highlight of that whole tour.

That's because the band was always a lot looser. Edge would just uncork it and rip the face off the earth on Bullet and LIB. They lost something after Elevation and they've never been the same since.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I like it too don't get me wrong, it was good, but also a very odd concept for the song I felt like. but it worked!

OK what did Bono just sing at the end of BD? I didn't catch that.

Where would you recommend standing? GA CHI 1 and 2 are coming up!

Ah, honestly, it's so hard to say.

I never did Main Stage, so I can offer no good perspective on it, except to say that I'm not convinced it's the best choice because most of the show is spent on the catwalk or at E stage. But fans who did Main Stage LOVED it, so I can't really dissuade anyone. I will say that hearing Bad live for the first time, but being at the catwalk and not being able to see it, really blew.

I did E Stage, right at the "armpit" as it was called-- the corner of the catwalk that meets E stage-- for LA5 and that ended up being my favorite place to be. I did the armpit on Adam's side. Great energy there, lots of diehard fans in that area, and the band was having so much fun at E Stage every night. During COBL, that last show, Edge came up right in front of us and let loose, and we were jumping and singing right in front of him, and he was smiling and loving it... That moment made that spot of the stage my favorite. It's not often you see The Edge relax and have fun!

There's a lot to consider-- which parts of the show are you enjoying watching more during Periscope? Which songs would you rather be close to the band for vs. further away? There's a lot to ponder in regard to this topic!

Pepsi Center - Denver, CO - June 7, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control
03 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / Young Americans (snippet)
14 - Volcano
15 - Ordinary Love
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - Bullet the Blue Sky
18 - The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In the Name of Love)
19 - Beautiful Day
20 - With or Without You

sounded like he was singing wowy at the end of beautiful day

great, so the difference between this and LA5 is that the Troubles won't be in

COBL/Streets/One, goodnight, worst setlist of tour with LA3

If you have tix for 2 shows, one near E stage and one a bit further back so you can see the screen and main stage.

We're hoping to snag GA for Chi 2 and I'm leaning towards e-stage if we get them. We can always move back after the MW/rotation/EBW set and see the screens for Bullet through the encore. (We have seats for 1 and for 2, but 2 are nosebleeds...after seeing the setup we decided we are gonna hope for a ticket drop. Our boy is only 9 but I think he'll do well especially given how much ROOM there actually is. )

That's because the band was always a lot looser. Edge would just uncork it and rip the face off the earth on Bullet and LIB. They lost something after Elevation and they've never been the same since.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I disagree. IMO, Edge's playing was consistently better during the Vertigo tour.

CG80uiMUgAA0Fe8.png:large

Back
Top Bottom