Chicago 4 setlist party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm being sarcastic. From where I was, it went off like a rocket both nights. But in night 3 he let it ride and for whatever reason, at night 4 he cut us off and it was really a little upsetting, honestly.

Unless that's what you were referring to as being awkward.

I had no indication at show 4, the one I had seats for, that the vast majority of people didn't know the songs, I saw LOTS of singing along.

That's what I'm referring to. The being cut off bit.

That's what I'm referring to. The being cut off bit.
Since it was back to back with the overwhelmingly positive response from night 3, it was extra weird, to me. I'm not trying to be one of those people in Bono's head or anything, but I wonder if he finds it too personal or something and he doesn't want people running off with it? i mean, that sounds incredibly stupid, why would he have written it in the first place, or played it live, were that the case?

there's no explanation, to me, really, except that in general he was really crabby during most of the show, until Mysterious Ways.

Since it was back to back with the overwhelmingly positive response from night 3, it was extra weird, to me. I'm not trying to be one of those people in Bono's head or anything, but I wonder if he finds it too personal or something and he doesn't want people running off with it? i mean, that sounds incredibly stupid, why would he have written it in the first place, or played it live, were that the case?

there's no explanation, to me, really, except that in general he was really crabby during most of the show, until Mysterious Ways.

There's no way he's concerned about people running off with it, otherwise he wouldn't be encouraging us to keep it going.

I think it's sort of a strange thing to sing along to, to be honest, for a few reasons. It's on the new album, so most don't know it. It's also a bit of a tongue twister, so I think if you don't know the song, you're not exactly sure what to sing. And it's a rather long bit of song to sing when you don't know it to begin with.

Generally I think it's better to have audiences sing sounds instead of lyrics. Like having the audience sing "Oh oh oh oh" in Pride. Unless it's a well known song that everyone can sing, of course.

United Center - Chicago, IL - June 29, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - The Electric Co. / Send in the Clowns (snippet) / I Can See for Miles (snippet) / Smells Like Teen Spirit (snippet)
03 - Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible

Mine too. :hi5:

Although right now my ticket "scrapbook" is a metal Hello Kitty box. I need to get a few ticket holder book things from Amazon.

I just bought a scrapbook for the first time. I used to have a box full of ticket stubs from concerts, movies, high school theatre, etc. But most of them are lost now :sad:.

They're "in" the scrapbook, but not yet glued into place :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom