Chicago 3 Setlist Party - Ballroom at last??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only thing that makes me sad is that since they played "Gloria" tonight, they're not likely to play it at Chicago 5 (aka the one I'll be at). I missed that song by 1 show in Chicago on Vertigo Tour, and then I was supposed to attend the Vertigo Cleveland show, but I was unable to attend and had to sell my tickets. And they played "Gloria" that night too! I just can't catch Gloria!

Ugh, I'm sitting in a hotel in Chicago and didn't even bother looking at a ticket for tonight. sigh. Oh well. .

frustrated.gif

Gloria - nice! Two Hearts an TCB on the b stage, troubles and Bad at the back end and this will be up there as set of the tour.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Gloria - nice! Two Hearts an TCB on the b stage, troubles and Bad at the back end and this will be up there as set of the tour.

Up there? It would be one of their strangest shows in ages. :lol:

If "ah AH ah AH" counts as a Led Zep snippet, that counts as a Van Morrison snippet.

if 'daaa daaa DAAAAA DAA DAA...bahm-bum bahm-bum' counts as a snippet. letters count as a snippet

:lol::up:

Absolutely!!

Get some Two Hearts in there!!!!!!!!!

Never should've dropped off their radar 30 years ago!

United Center - Chicago, IL - June 28, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Gloria / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
03 - Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road

Now who was that that said they were DEFINITELY playing "Two Hearts..."?

Lesson: @U2 is wrong a lot of the time.

"Two Hearts..." possible? Sure. But doubtful. Edge has said (Propaganda) that it's a song he doesn't like to play.

The mixing on this periscope stream has the bass so much louder than the guitar, so Cedarwood Road just turned into the most insanely rocking song U2 has ever recorded over here :lol:

The mixing on this periscope stream has the bass so much louder than the guitar, so Cedarwood Road just turned into the most insanely rocking song U2 has ever recorded over here :lol:

That's how it is when you stand next to the actual speakers. E stage has speakers IN IT. So we were getting a literal arse kicking from bass and drums all night long regardless of band location. It was amazing. I could hear Adam's bass note for note at times!

#imagen #tonight

Miracle Occuring Right Now
Gloria
Vertigo
IWF
Iris
Cedarwood Road
Song for Someone
NYD
Raised By Wolves
UTEOTW

Invisible
EBTTRT
Mysterious Ways
Stay
Two Hearts
EBW
Bullet
RTSS
Pride
Bad
MOS
BD

COBL
Streets

Now who was that that said they were DEFINITELY playing "Two Hearts..."?

Lesson: @U2 is wrong a lot of the time.

"Two Hearts..." possible? Sure. But doubtful. Edge has said (Propaganda) that it's a song he doesn't like to play.

What are you talking about? Today's soundcheck was Gloria, THBAO, Lucifer's Hands, and Crystal Ballroom. That's not made-up. Nobody said anything about them being in tonight's set - and the guy who reported the THBAO soundcheck to me said he did not believe it would make tonight's set (though no elaboration - maybe it sounded rusty?).

I will DIE if they play Two Hearts, the song that first got me into U2... If I have to die, please let me die here at home in NYC. :D

Bono's voice is sounding like it's not back to 100% yet.

United Center - Chicago, IL - June 28, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Gloria / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
03 - Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone

What are you talking about? Today's soundcheck was Gloria, THBAO, Lucifer's Hands, and Crystal Ballroom. That's not made-up. Nobody said anything about them being in tonight's set - and the guy who reported the THBAO soundcheck to me said he did not believe it would make tonight's set (though no elaboration - maybe it sounded rusty?).

"if we screw up really badly, dont put up on the internet, okay?" Bono, 2011

Did he just say that his sons were competing with him for Ali's attention in the 70s?

Or did they name their kids after guys Bono beat for Ali's affections? Harsh, man. :lol:

No, the only definite is that they rehearsed it. ;)

No one claimed to know where it might be in the set if they do play it.

Definite per who? Is the source reliable? Or is the source atU2 (no-so-reliable). Just sayin'... We've all heard the rumors before. And sometimes those rumors are just folks trying to shake things up.

So is the source reliable? Proof will be in the pudding (or at least in the set list)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom